• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

MOT tomorrow... possibly

ColytonJohn

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Devon/Cornwall
Reaction score
First Name
John
Elgrand
E51
Region
Devon/Conrwall
MOT booked for tomorrow. I'm self isolating but my son-in-law is taking Eli to the garage and I've just dispatched my wife to the cash point to get the fee. I called the garage earlier to confirm they're open and was assured they're working normally so the test is currently on (in fact they seemed surprised by the question!). But what's the betting Boris changes all that later today as I hear he's considering banning some work to minimise commuting congestion and unnecessary travel? If he does will MOT requirements be relaxed? Interesting times!

DMcG

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Mine was booked for Friday but brought it forward to Thursday. Not critical as I have a daily driver if needed. Let us know if you get it through and stay safe.

ColytonJohn

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Devon/Cornwall
Reaction score
First Name
John
Elgrand
E51
Region
Devon/Conrwall
I have a pick up that I mainly use and, besides, I'm not currently going out anywhere so the Eli will probably join my bikes on SORN until matters improve. Just as the weather has improved too :(

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
I have a pick up that I mainly use and, besides, I'm not currently going out anywhere so the Eli will probably join my bikes on SORN until matters improve. Just as the weather has improved too :(
Aye, typical isn't it? Fuel prices low, weather lovely, long ago we'd planned to have a day at the beach in the Ellie this weekend. Now I'm popping him on Sorn.
Would be nice to get the roof off the TT but nope, I've cancelled his MOT, popping him on Sorn too.

It's like being in a film. Can't really believe this is all happening.

Elgrandpa

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Would be nice to get the roof off the TT
Wouldn't it just...mine goes down but won't come back up again (don't say it Kermit) and I can't be arsed keep crawling into the boot to release the pressure to raise it again. Bloody Audi's

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Wouldn't it just...mine goes down but won't come back up again (don't say it Kermit) and I can't be arsed keep crawling into the boot to release the pressure to raise it again. Bloody Audi's
Ah sorry to hear that. Have you been on the TTForum for a fix?

Must admit I can't slag mine off I've had 2 TT's for many years, hassle free, had other Audi's too, can't fault any of them, all been brilliant.
You watch petrol go down to 10p and we can't fricking use it.

Elgrandpa

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Ah sorry to hear that. Have you been on the TTForum for a fix?
Hi Kermit, yes I have been on the TT forum but nothing definite, this is my second one too. 1st was a 2003 225bhp soft-top which I loved but sadly although in excellent condition ended up by being scrapped because the drain holes got blocked and water fried the electrics behind the bulkhead!
Although strangely I saw it had been MOT 2 weeks later!

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Hi Kermit, yes I have been on the TT forum but nothing definite, this is my second one too. 1st was a 2003 225bhp soft-top which I loved but sadly although in excellent condition ended up by being scrapped because the drain holes got blocked and water fried the electrics behind the bulkhead!
Although strangely I saw it had been MOT 2 weeks later!
Yeah my 1st was a 225 soft top too. You don't have much luck with them do you?!
MOT after being scrapped, nice 😕

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
@Elgrandpa
Not sure if these are of any help

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
MOT passed :party::laughing::party: - It had an advisory though: 'Rear (hand brake has little reserve travel)'.

Car now home but with no legitimate reason to use it so SORN here we come :sob:

Cheers,
John
Congrats and commiserations at the same time then 👍 😕

Parky

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
David
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
MOT passed :party::laughing::party: - It had an advisory though: 'Rear (hand brake has little reserve travel)'.

Car now home but with no legitimate reason to use it so SORN here we come :sob:

Cheers,
John
Is it worth declaring it SORN for what might only be a few weeks? I assume it's a second vehicle, but what if your primary drive breaks down and you need to use your Elgrand?

ColytonJohn

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Devon/Cornwall
Reaction score
First Name
John
Elgrand
E51
Region
Devon/Conrwall
Is it worth declaring it SORN for what might only be a few weeks? I assume it's a second vehicle, but what if your primary drive breaks down and you need to use your Elgrand?
Yes as it is a secondary vehicle but even my primary one isn't going to see much, if any, use as I'm in self isolation. Even if this will only be a few weeks it's the work of seconds to tax online.

Cheers,
John

blingo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Depends if you believe it's only going to be a few weeks...

6 month MOT exemption announced though! If you car runs out on 30th March or later... Mine runs out on the 30th, something going in my favour for a change 🥳

Parky

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
David
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Depends if you believe it's only going to be a few weeks...

6 month MOT exemption announced though! If you car runs out on 30th March or later... Mine runs out on the 30th, something going in my favour for a change 🥳
Even if it was just 3 weeks off the road it would be too much tempting fate for me. I like to plan for the worst but hope for the best. I might be called away to visit a sick relative, or worse, at short notice so would need to leave a spare car for the missus to use for grocery shopping etc.