• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Michelin Wiper blades

CLUB.
I need your assistance.
Following a few recommendations on here I brought some Michelin Stealth Hybrid wiper blades on line.
They fit and they work well.
But they look shit.
See photos of my old Bosch vis the new Michelins.
I'm currently in discussion with the guys at Michelin about this.
They are saying that the OEM was Denso and that Denso did not have a (nice looking) cover like the Bosch.
Can ya all take a look/photo/post of what you have with the suppliers name please?
This is club stuff!!
I'd love to get a result.
Nothing to do with the £20 cost.
I want a nicely designed finish without stress.
Can you lot help please??
Bish bosch.work perfect

If it helps, I fitted the Denso hybrids a couple of Fridays back. They look alright and perform well (no lifting).

Got them through euro car parts. With the discounts came out at 21 quid for the pair. Tip, don't enter model details as their database doesn't cover wiper blades for the Elgrand apart from the rear. Blades are working well, tested on the m62 over a weekend and believe me the weather was shi...

Part numbers are.
26 inch 485778266
16 inch 485778166
Just bought Michelins but these look so much better. Might need to swap.

I put some Michelin wiper blade so on my friend car at the weekend … they look like something outta the arc.. have Bosch aero twins on all our cars they look much better and work great
Fitted aerotwins, driver's wouldn't clear the middle of the arc. Very disappointing as they've been my go to wiper for years but others have reported similar issues so swapped to the Michelins.

Fitted aerotwins, driver's wouldn't clear the middle of the arc. Very disappointing as they've been my go to wiper for years but others have reported similar issues so swapped to the Michelins.
How did you find the Michelins?

I've just tried the aerotwins and had the same issue, sent the first one back thinking it was defective, but nope, second exactly the same.

How did you find the Michelins?

I've just tried the aerotwins and had the same issue, sent the first one back thinking it was defective, but nope, second exactly the same.
Was very happy with them.

For what it’s worth, when I bought the car, dealer had fitted the Bosch and indeed, they left a puddle in the centre. However, they bedded in and after a couple of months work perfectly. I think I inadvertently pulled them off the glass to clean and allowed them to slap back, if that helped I can’t say but it may be worth saving your £ and see if they get better With normal use.

Yes, this is what I'm getting with the BOSCH aerotwins.

For what it’s worth, when I bought the car, dealer had fitted the Bosch and indeed, they left a puddle in the centre. However, they bedded in and after a couple of months work perfectly. I think I inadvertently pulled them off the glass to clean and allowed them to slap back, if that helped I can’t say but it may be worth saving your £ and see if they get better With normal use.
Hope this happens with mine 🤞

Actually, I recently found they they weren’t Bosch, they were a cheap blade off eBay. I have since bought some more (dealer gave me the link) and they don’t leave a smear but they do make a click noise as they change direction. They look nicer than generic blades so I keep em on.

Actually, I recently found they they weren’t Bosch, they were a cheap blade off eBay. I have since bought some more (dealer gave me the link) and they don’t leave a smear but they do make a click noise as they change direction. They look nicer than generic blades so I keep em on.
Would that issue you had with the one's you thought were BOSCH had been an MOT fail, maybe due to 'not clearing the windscreen effectively', or have they got to do a far worse job of clearing to fail on that?

Just noticed that I never actually concluded this thread.
So I will now.
Basically I put in a complaint to Michelin about the poor design finish of their fitting.
This was escalated a couple of times and I finished up talking directly to the top bod of Michelin UK
Nice chap but old school type useless.
He offered me my money back.
I said no I rather you get your design team to update the fittings to match OEM standards.
He said - '734,432 Sales to date and mine is the only complaint. So he can't invest in a design change'.
I said OK I'll let as many people know about the poor design as possible then.
Then I done nothing about it.
Corporate win.
Sorry lads.

Would that issue you had with the one's you thought were BOSCH had been an MOT fail, maybe due to 'not clearing the windscreen effectively', or have they got to do a far worse job of clearing to fail on that?
Patch that didn’t clear properly was about the size of a swan vestas pack but didn’t fail MOT as by Then they had settled in. Also, I pulled it away from screen and let it slap a few times which helped. I’m now on my second set of cheapies and they don’t smear at all, just click on direction change.

So as I'm having the same issue, let them slap onto the screen a few times to help bed them in. That's bloody ridiculous. I paid £25 for something that doesn't work right from the get go! Will try it but very disappointed in bosch. My last set on my first series 3 were brilliant. Still going fine 4 years later! Back blade I bought separately is going back as doesn't even fit! Bosch again!

So as I'm having the same issue, let them slap onto the screen a few times to help bed them in. That's bloody ridiculous. I paid £25 for something that doesn't work right from the get go! Will try it but very disappointed in bosch. My last set on my first series 3 were brilliant. Still going fine 4 years later! Back blade I bought separately is going back as doesn't even fit! Bosch again!
Now sorted. Just standard bosch wipers. Shame as I like the aero design. But at least I can see. 😁

Now sorted. Just standard bosch wipers. Shame as I like the aero design. But at least I can see. 😁
Do you mean the standard 'cage-like' Bosch wipers are fine, but the aeros are naff (which is what I found with the aeros and took them back)?

Do you mean the standard 'cage-like' Bosch wipers are fine, but the aeros are naff (which is what I found with the aeros and took them back)?
Yep. They must have changed design slightly as 4 years ago I bought a set of aeros and they were great. Lasted 4 years and looked good.

If cheap wipers work fine,what are you hoping to gain, is it looks? I've had bad results with 'special' wipers in the past but standard design cheapo wipers generally work well. Seems there's a kind of concensus among vehicle makers, they stick with the age old design until we get to high-end cars with e.g. monowipers but also probably have an usual curve (or lack of curve) to the windscreen.

Yep. They must have changed design slightly as 4 years ago I bought a set of aeros and they were great. Lasted 4 years and looked good.

Cheers,
I mentioned above that the aeros on my E51 left big bubbles, so I put back on the 'cage' ones which came with it (and are in great condition), which clear the windscreen fine. I was thiking of getting the Denso hybrids, but someone the other day got them and said they didn't clear the last cm or so of the passenger side (if I recall).
So when I come to replace, you think the old-style cage-like Boschs are the way to go?

Back