• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Lock Down

Highway Dave

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Elgrand
E51
Region
Yorkshire
OK so what are your plans if you should be part of a lock down situation
Since we probably wont be going away for easter etc now i've decided to buy a hot tub, now this will of course need a decking base, gazebo, electricks sorting etc etc.
A t least it will give me something to do besides sort out any bits for the Elgrand (painting and prepping etc)----and I don't have to be indoors with the wife and kids all the time
Do you have anything planned ????

AceImports

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Finish off my car I guess. Front bumper, rear skirt and wing mirrors have been painted now, serviced as well as spark plugs, decat pipe fitted as well as rear of the exhaust extended as it had melted the rear skirt originally.

Thinking about it now, I've already done most of the work aside from fitting the alarm, which is proving to be a bit harder than it seems. I guess I can just spend loads of time making it look nice on the drive..

Two cars due to arrive at the start of next week so not sure what's going to happen there as there's shit loads of people working down at the port.. IMG_20200225_172512.jpg

ColytonJohn

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Devon/Cornwall
Reaction score
First Name
John
Elgrand
E51
Region
Devon/Conrwall
My Eli has an MOT booked for next Wednesday but, because I'm self isolating:mask:, I'm having to let my petrol-head son-in-law drive it. What could possibly go wrong?:worried::cold_sweat::eek:

While he has it I'll get him to fit the FM band expander.

Cheers,
John

peter strokosz

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
peter
I’ve got a solid roof to build on the yurt.. also daisey needs de tarring and a good clean ,clay bar etc. Spraying over chrome on new car, fit mic for stereo . have loads of jobs to do as I’m self isolating already ..

Nev B

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Neville
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
I have started on my Allen Scythe restoration project already ( only been waiting five years). Ellie will have oil catch can fitted along with PCV valve re-location.
The field surrounding my house is heavy clay and has been waterlogged for many months now so I have agreed with my neighbour the farmer that if he provides the digger etc I will provide my labour foc and we will create a lagoon/wildlife pond the other side of my fence. Can't wait to get started as soon as the field is dry enough.
My May/June holiday to Keswick has been cancelled but my summer is going to be busy and productive.

Chris T

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Wales
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
I've this morning ordered 50 lengths of treated 4x2 so I can build my garden quarter pipe. It was Anne's to be next month, but if I'm stuck at home for a few weeks may as well start now.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
In all honesty, I have absolutely no idea. There are only so many times you can wash a car especially when you're not out driving it.
I'll probably do a full paint correction and ceramic coat the megane. But I imagine that if we are locked down I'll still be forced to work from home. There will be "something" to do even if the factory is not producing. So I'll be expected to be online and available. Probably get told to start writing up process notes for everything I do to hand over to my replacement. I'd need more than a 2 week lockdown for that mind.

Reactions: Ste

Chris T

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Wales
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
In all honesty, I have absolutely no idea. There are only so many times you can wash a car especially when you're not out driving it.
I'll probably do a full paint correction and ceramic coat the megane. But I imagine that if we are locked down I'll still be forced to work from home. There will be "something" to do even if the factory is not producing. So I'll be expected to be online and available. Probably get told to start writing up process notes for everything I do to hand over to my replacement. I'd need more than a 2 week lockdown for that mind.
So be ill 🤫 You're leaving, they sound like terrible people to work for, just be sick for the lockdown.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Problem is right. I've been advised by so many people not to go on sick leave whilst working my notice.
But I can physically feel the stress building. I can feel my brain pulsing at times. So much going on all around. Is my new business going to fail? Just as I've dived headfirst into going self employed? Are my family members who are high risk going to lose their lives? Am I doing the right things and being sensible by imposing isolation rules?

All of that is going to be causing stress for EVERYONE. But then add to that all the shit that I am trying to get away from at work. That stress that was already unbearable and made me want to leave in the first place. So double stress. Then I have the fact that my boss is doing at lease one thing every day to make my life harder... more stress.

I've got a fucking permanent headache and can't find any god damn fucking paracetamol to help.

Urgh. /rant.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
I have to go to work and they may also cancel my holiday in Easter too.
Well they forced me to use up my holiday so I wouldn't be paid it when I leave. I can 100% guarantee they won't give me it back if we're forced into lockdown and my holiday falls within the time we're unable to leave the house.

If you have to cancel holiday, what would it be for? To allow the school to keep taking care of the kids who's parents are required to work?

JohnK

Premium Member
E51 Owner
London
Reaction score
First Name
John
Elgrand
E51
Region
London
Problem is right. I've been advised by so many people not to go on sick leave whilst working my notice.
But I can physically feel the stress building. I can feel my brain pulsing at times. So much going on all around. Is my new business going to fail? Just as I've dived headfirst into going self employed? Are my family members who are high risk going to lose their lives? Am I doing the right things and being sensible by imposing isolation rules?

All of that is going to be causing stress for EVERYONE. But then add to that all the shit that I am trying to get away from at work. That stress that was already unbearable and made me want to leave in the first place. So double stress. Then I have the fact that my boss is doing at lease one thing every day to make my life harder... more stress.

I've got a fucking permanent headache and can't find any god damn fucking paracetamol to help.

Urgh. /rant.
Might be worth checking your contract now to see what sick pay your entitled to. You need to keep strong so do your best to remain positive. Harder said than done I know but hang on in there!!

dognero

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
There is talk about keeping the school open for the kids whos parents are working in the NHS etc instead of closing for the easter break.
They are seeing how many children there will be and maybe using 1 school on a rota and rotating staff too.
Will probably get more info today or tomorrow.

Reactions: Ste

Ste

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
I’ll probably clean every inch of my Elgrand inside and out and everywhere in between. Then loads of diy until I run out of materials. Then PlayStation I guess ha.
Good plan @Chris T, I’ve been trying to get as much skating in as I can just in case. Can’t skate on my yard at the minute so I’ll be screwed.

shaggy6boys

E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
school with us is offering child care but as the wife works afternoon in the NHS and i'm days in the nhs we wont be needing it as the eldest (17) can do the babysitting for a couple of hours till i'm home as he's off college as well, school has set up remote learning so waiting until monday to see what goes live.

i've got some cleaning stuff ready so if i'm on lockdown the cars will having a decent wheels off clean, callipers painted and machine polish, and there some stuff i want to do around the house and garden as well.

wifes on A/L leave next week, i have 4 days leave starting from wednesday but we havent been told anything about being on standby if theres a staff shortage, i've already offered to work nights configuring laptops to enable staff to work from home and pc's should our outpatients clinics be taken over for other uses and any dept moves........pending our delivery of end of year equipment and any isolation in our house.

I need to buy pump sprayers, brushes and vape stuff to see me through tho, wilko's lunchtime then...

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Might be worth checking your contract now to see what sick pay your entitled to. You need to keep strong so do your best to remain positive. Harder said than done I know but hang on in there!!
13 weeks full sick pay whilst I'm still employed here. So Even if they pro-rata that out, I've got 6 weeks cover.
My business insurance also covers me for loss of earnings if I become to ill to work. So I reckon I'm covered there as well.

Just really endless frustrated with everything at the moment. Would be just nice to know one way or another rather than living in constant uncertainty.

JohnK

Premium Member
E51 Owner
London
Reaction score
First Name
John
Elgrand
E51
Region
London
13 weeks full sick pay whilst I'm still employed here. So Even if they pro-rata that out, I've got 6 weeks cover.
My business insurance also covers me for loss of earnings if I become to ill to work. So I reckon I'm covered there as well.

Just really endless frustrated with everything at the moment. Would be just nice to know one way or another rather than living in constant uncertainty.
They shouldn't pro rata it as the sck pay entitlement should be in any 12 month period. Plenty more uncertainty to come but not much we can do about that. It will get better though. Just need to hang on in there! Take care of yourself.