• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

LIST OF ACTIONS REGARDING E51/E52 CATALYTIC CONVERTER ISSUES

Probably because the dealer didn't reset the service counter in the menu system when they did the service.
I hope you are right. Just to be on the safe side, I changed the oil and filter again. I don't think the service counter was reset. Though it still comes up when I switch on the ignition but it goes off after a while.

You can reset the counter yourself. It's in the menu system if you use google translate on your phone you'll find it. There is a guide somewhere on the forum or you can download the guide here.

You can reset the counter yourself. It's in the menu system if you use google translate on your phone you'll find it. There is a guide somewhere on the forum or you can download the guide here.
Ok, I'll give that a go. Thanks

I've only just started to use the Google translate around the van today... Honestly it's rubbish... Just regurgitating gobbledegook. Almost worse than the original Japanese tbh!! Am I doing something wrong? 🤷🏼‍♀️

I've only just started to use the Google translate around the van today... Honestly it's rubbish... Just regurgitating gobbledegook. Almost worse than the original Japanese tbh!! Am I doing something wrong? 🤷🏼‍♀️
I think it struggles a bit reading screens rather than print. Best refer to the English translation guide book. I use it quite a lot when looking at the workshop manual and to be fair it does quite a good job.

I think it struggles a bit reading screens rather than print. Best refer to the English translation guide book. I use it quite a lot when looking at the workshop manual and to be fair it does quite a good job.
I'm going through the PDF manual trying to work out which bits I want to print out of the 332 pages! 🥴

To be fair Google translate doesn't like the printed page either!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210122-004130.png
    Screenshot_20210122-004130.png
    493.3 KB · Views: 32
Mmm I might be wrong but is that set on English to Japanese rather that vice versa?

If you are doing instant translations I found even slight movement causes problems, better to take a photo and highlight the words, even then you have to be sure the entire thing is highlighted or it can get confused.

If you are doing instant translations I found even slight movement causes problems, better to take a photo and highlight the words, even then you have to be sure the entire thing is highlighted or it can get confused.
Ah thanks Stempy... I'll try again after those tips. Would have to be something simple! 😆

When you think about what it's doing it is amazing that it works at all. Not so long ago we would have been completely flummoxed.

When you think about what it's doing it is amazing that it works at all. Not so long ago we would have been completely flummoxed.
Very true! Yes I had it English to Japanese...Duh!!! I'm so glad my phone is more clever than me!!! 🤣

Thanks Lize. I'll try that too.

I found the Google translate easier though compared to the guide I downloaded. With Google translate, I spotted the vehicle maintenance ( or is it engine maintenance) on the dashboard. Clicked on it and I saw the oil/ oil filter/ tyre menu and I reset the first two.

Sorry if it's already been said but what would make you think you have a problem with cats in the first place?

A dead engine.

Thanks, not had Ellie long but she seems to have a fair bit of power for a 2.4 V6 compared to my old Bongo
By the time you get to notice any symptoms serious damage could already have occurred. Best advice is to take action before you notice any problems.

Edit - btw welcome to the club and if you havent had it done yet @Winchester is close to you and offers a decore service at a very good price.

Great thread Reverend 👌

Does anyone have suggestions on best brands or suppliers for option 3..?

Back