• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAE 2018: Plot Layout

So can we put our driveaway awning at the back, use it as a tent and leave the bus on the stand? If we are in the quiet camping area we would be packing most of our stuff into the back of the van anyway as I would not trust it all in the awning where anyone could walk in and take it.
Tents behind all the vans on show on the camping side. Do what you want in the quiet camping area, it's not part of our plots! :p
No tents at all on the show / social side.

JAE LAYOUT AND ELGRANDOC STAND LOCATION A5 / A6 / A21 / A22

JAE-Map.png

CLOSE UP OF ELGRANDOC PLOT LOCATION - FIRE LANE SEPARATES THE TWO SIDES.

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 16.36.52.png

All vans MUST be on Plot A5 / A6 during the day. This is the clubs show plot. This side will be Elgrand's ONLY. No Tents / No Awnings / No Marquee.

The club marquee and social area will be on plots A21 / A22. This is also where the tents/awnings will be set up. The tents will be along the back, as they are static. The awnings will be at the sides to allow the vans to get to/from the awning for night time sleeping.

Anyone who does not want to sleep next to the marquee, which will be where most people congregate until early hours are welcome to use the quiet camping area. Tents/awnings can be set up there, and locked up during the day. Your belongings will be safe, but please ensure you keep anything valuable locked up in your van or keep them on you.

Tents need to be as close together as possible, so when you get there, if you are the first, pick a corner and we will work down from there. We will keep them as compact as possible to ensure that there is enough space for everyone.

The club marquees will house the beer pool (filled with ice and beer/cider/wine/whatever), the DJ set and equipment, any communal fridge/freezers we manage to get, electrical outlets for charging mobiles, tablets etc. Within the marquee area will also be the communal BBQ which obviously everyone is free to use.

The Elgrands will be parked in a particular order... details to be released closer to the time when we get a plot layout sorted. This must be adhered to and we will expect people to be able to line up their car with others. If you are unable to do this, someone can park your Elgrand on the stand for you so that it's in keeping with the others.

Generally, for now, we will have all of the E50's together, and all of the E51's together. We will look to have them in age order at a minimum so that people can see the various generations and models available. We would also request that some (not all) have their side doors open at periods throughout the day so that visitors can look in and see what these beasts are all about.

There will be an empty spot on our stand this year, as I have been accepted into the Show And Shine competition, so my Elgrand will be moved off the stand into the main arena for the day on Saturday. I will also need to ensure that the Elgrand is as clean as possible so a lot of my time on Friday will be spent doing last minute preparation, so I hope that most people can just crack on and get things set up for their own needs.

I hope this covers as many of the basics for now. We will always ensure that we do whatever we can to accomodate everyone's specific needs. So if you need to request something specific, please let us know and we will do our best.

Lastly, please remember that this is a car show. Not a camping weekend. There will be noise, there will be revving engines, there will be music, there will be people having fun. The best thing to do is to just get stuck in and join with everyone else.

The quiet camping area is a little further away from our plot to where it was last year, but it's only a short walk, and any members of the admin team can help assist with anything you need on the day, and I'm sure other members will help if you need anything taking to/from the quiet camping area to the club stand without having to use your van.

We will sort everything out when we get there and we will work through any issues we encounter to give the best possible outcome for as many as possible.

We will have a great time, as we have done every year previously. The only people that have really had a problem have been those who assume it will be a camping weekened. It is a car show first and foremost, a car show that you can camp at and spend 3 days with like minded enthusiasts.

Is there room for my small caravan along with the tents? Its only a 2 birth so about the same size as an Elgrand and no ropes to trip over.

Can't see that being a problem Brian :)

Is there room for my small caravan along with the tents? Its only a 2 birth so about the same size as an Elgrand and no ropes to trip over.
I can't imagine it is any bigger than many of the tents / awnings so I can't see why not.

What time is everyone suppose to turn up on Friday? X

We will be traveling up from Woolacombe on Thursday, we might pull up outside the main gate and get our heads down in the caravan so we can get on site as soon as they will let us in.

As like last year the van will be on stand and we sleeping in it happy days

Hey guys, I’m bringing a caravan also this year. If it’s too big I’ll put it in the quiet area.

Updated with the layout. :)

Good evening folks!

This is the plot layout for JAE 2018. You don't need to memorize it or print it, myself, @Karl and @Madfish will be on site to help get everyone looking pretty. It'll be a tricky one to get right but I reckon we'd be up for a good chance of winning an award for it! :p Last year it was incredibly cosy, which was great, but we had about 4 or 5 groups of people split up around the plot. This layout is designed for a larger social area that encourages us to get to know each other. Believe it or not, I'm not a people person, but with a drink down my neck I'll talk to anyone! :D

Get to know us, we don't all bite! (But Karl will if you wink and shake a bag of Haribo at him).

I'll clear some things up first:
- NO TENTS OR AWNINGS on the show plot. They MUST be on the camping side.
- If you want to park closer to your tent, feel free. The show plot is designed to fit 26 vans but can always be reduced on the day.
- If you are parking on the camping side, see the second picture for a vague design. We're still showing off our vans so a tasty angle won't go amiss, especially if you've got an awning, it'd be best to be parked with your side door facing towards the tents.
- The layout might look tight, but we will have some breathing room on the day. Bear with us if we ask you to move once or twice, we don't want any dings and have in mind that you'd be able to open your doors. (Because we're nice like that).

Ojoh6R0.png

hw2Ghmq.jpg

Why are all the Elgrands white? i may come in a black one ,and i can't see one with a purple dress on
No. You will spray it white and you will enjoy it. As long as the purple dress covers the engine and stops at the wheelarches you're OK. We don't want our girls going out "like that".

Im bringing a small tent...like Chris had last year, just little dome to keep my junk in rather than in and out of car and risking breaking stereo again.

The way things are going with me I'll probably sling a tarp from the motorcycle and kip under that! :p Anyone getting rid of a tipi tent?

I have a laaaarrrgggggeee tent I was tempted to bring and sleep in..

its like 8 man I think, its high enough I could run Ellie beside and step from sliding door straight....

I can bring it and one bedroom is available for you to use...other I will store my crap in and possibly sleep in...who knows though as was fine in ellie last year

If we can keep the massive tents/awnings to a minumum, unless you have kids/genuine reason for needing it, it would go a long way to ensuring that the plot is kept looking clean and show worthy.

Last year it looked like a camp site, so would prefer if we can nail the planned layout as much as possible.

If we can keep the massive tents/awnings to a minumum, unless you have kids/genuine reason for needing it, it would go a long way to ensuring that the plot is kept looking clean and show worthy.

Last year it looked like a camp site, so would prefer if we can nail the planned layout as much as possible.

unless Seven wants to use the space in mine ill just bring my tiny dome...just for storage of food, drinks and clothes then at night my chair etc...

don't want to smash another stereo I the night, and this year no extra baggage causing issues.

As like last year the van will be on stand and we sleeping in it happy days

got any black out's for windows this year dude...or full moon on show again?

My van can go where ever you need it on the show sideđź‘Ťdon't really need to be in it once it's parked up, and tent at the back Is fine, not fussed about any noise issues just need it close by so kids can come and go to it. (So not over in the the quiet camping area). Tent is pretty big one, so hopefully enough room for it.

My van can go where ever you need it on the show sideđź‘Ťdon't really need to be in it once it's parked up, and tent at the back Is fine, not fussed about any noise issues just need it close by so kids can come and go to it. (So not over in the the quiet camping area). Tent is pretty big one, so hopefully enough room for it.

Your tent is fine mate. Your tent will be close to the social area, so we're all good there mate :)

Back