• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Last song you listened to?

Long way to the top AC/DC.. who would've thought you would hear bagpipes in that classic
Where have all the "proper" bands gone? 🤣
1970's... best and worst musical decade of the 20th century

Scrolling through the posts wondering what the average forum member age is and also realising how poor my knowledge of music is.

Last song; blue on black - five finger death punch

Scrolling through the posts wondering what the average forum member age is and also realising how poor my knowledge of music is.

Last song; blue on black - five finger death punch
I'm 60... my music tastes vary through the 60s 70s 80s ... not so much from there on as I think music took a different direction in my opinion... thats not to say I don't listen to stuff from 90s 2000s... I'm even partial to a bit of Harry Styles music etc

I'm 60... my music tastes vary through the 60s 70s 80s ... not so much from there on as I think music took a different direction in my opinion... thats not to say I don't listen to stuff from 90s 2000s... I'm even partial to a bit of Harry Styles music etc
I'm 61 my musical taste is firmly in the heavy metal and rock genres rather than years, I'm also partial to Elvis Presley. Don't know what music Harry Styles plays but I know he went out with Olivia Wilde from House.
Anyway the Elvis thoughts reminded me of listening to Dad's record collection when I was young so the last song I listened to was :

Elevator Rock by Tommy Steele.

Maid Of Orleans (The Waltz Of Joan Of Arc) - OMD. The version with the wall of sound intro.

Bonny, Prefab Sprout…… in Athens with my brother! Bloody freezing….

Diesel power by The Prodigy was literally the last song I played.

Going to watch Showwaddywaddy in Harrogate next sat, can't wait

The song I have on repeat, in my noggin is what is living rent free in my head at the moment, so hoping it counts as last listened to is.....

A mellow cover of the Fleetwood Mac classic, The Chain by Kerala Dust....

If it's actual music.... Then that bloody sea shanty song that my 7yo has had on repeat for two fecking hours this evening was well and truly listened to death. ☠️

Just a bit of fun to help find out a little more about your fellow Elgrand'ers!

The Pot: By Tool

Must have looked like a right psycho rockin' out in the fun hus on the way to work this morning :)
I just listened to Zakk Wylde playing No More Tears on YouTube. Absolutely stonking guitar playing, incredible solo, and the whole thing capped off by an immensely tense game of "will-he/won't-he pick up the slide bar in time" between each riff. Awesome.

Curse My Name - Blind Guardian

This years' record Store Day list is out, and that has prompted me to re-listen to:

99 Luftballons by Nena

That is the song that takes me back to a time, to a place, to a group of friends.... possibly the last new song I heard before the positivity of youth began to be eroded by the reality of life.

Cracking song, and pity that over here (in the UK) Nena was only recognised for the English version. She has some excellent tunes and, for my German speaking friends, In Meinem Leben is so so beautiful.

This years' record Store Day list is out, and that has prompted me to re-listen to:

99 Luftballons by Nena

That is the song that takes me back to a time, to a place, to a group of friends.... possibly the last new song I heard before the positivity of youth began to be eroded by the reality of life.

Cracking song, and pity that over here (in the UK) Nena was only recognised for the English version. She has some excellent tunes and, for my German speaking friends, In Meinem Leben is so so beautiful.
That's what keeps me hooked on certain songs too. Some of them definitely remind me of a certain time in life or experience and it's nice to have that all come flooding back with just the first couple notes of a song.

Back