• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Last song you listened to?

I think that was the one i saw.Bout says it all ! So many others even,dare i say it?slash is "ageing in size"🎸🎸🚐🚐🚜🚜
Slash is still cool! I love the stuff he's been doing lately with Myles Kennedy. He's older fatter and wiser but still a full blown rock star. 🀟
haha bit of a sore point at the moment :( drained the battery playing pink Floyd :cool: waiting in a hospital car park for my father in law :eek:
Bad luck bud. I have flattened batteries my self many time listening to music. Haha.

When I first got my Subaru, I was out there so long pressing all the buttons and setting things up, I hadn't noticed I'd flicked the internal security door locks on... and when the battery went flat...I'd locked myself inside my own car... thankfully after turning everything off and about 5-10 mins of waiting (& chuckling too myself), I was able to use the key fob to unlock it... never again, lol

haha bit of a sore point at the moment :( drained the battery playing pink Floyd :cool: waiting in a hospital car park for my father in law :eek:

When I first got my Subaru, I was out there so long pressing all the buttons and setting things up, I hadn't noticed I'd flicked the internal security door locks on... and when the battery went flat...I'd locked myself inside my own car... thankfully after turning everything off and about 5-10 mins of waiting (& chuckling too myself), I was able to use the key fob to unlock it... never again, lol
One of lifes lessons learnt the hard way(there aint no way except the hard way,so get used to it)airborne(acdc clones of highest order)πŸŽΈπŸŽΈπŸ˜€

One of lifes lessons learnt the hard way(there aint no way except the hard way,so get used to it)airborne(acdc clones of highest order)πŸŽΈπŸŽΈπŸ˜€
Airborne are awesome. A proper party band.

I don't get to listen to music in the Elgrand as my wife has taken to it and I have to use her car lol

I don't get to listen to music in the Elgrand as my wife has taken to it and I have to use her car lol
I don't have this problem as my wife is scared to drive my cars for 2 reasons.
1. It's an automatic.
2. It's big and she's terrified of crashing it or curbing the alloys.
So I'm not going to make her then she'll never know how amazing and easy it is to drive
πŸ˜†πŸ‘

Oh dear,my wife has only driven mine about 4 miles and hasnt asked to drive it again yet...result(although i have to use her pug407 tomorrow)as e50 has blown a hid bulb and dont have a spare😒

According to Spotify... Humpy - Original by Format:B

One to get your bass face on too!

We are a very musical family. Me and my lad are both musicians. He is studying at Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts LIPA (set up by Paul McCartney) So that’s the bragging over. We listen to everything from classical through to punk. Can’t stand rap / hip hop. My personal favourite is Celtic Rock. Had a long drive after work, so listened to
Stiff Little Fingers
Waterboys
Dead Kennedy’s
Levellers

Besides the day job (which most of you know about) I was a DJ for over 20 years... Not done it for a few years now but have worked with a few famous people and bands myself.

Dad was a club turn for 40 years and in bands all through the 60s, full time lead guitarist in a band from age of 12 (other band members much older) and he used to drive the van to gigs at that age lol. I think the most well known band he was in was one called 'Sundowners' but a few other bands he was in also had coach loads of people going to their gigs. Through the 70s besides gigging himself he also ran a recording studio. Later on while still gigging he also ran theatrical agency. Had a few famous mates in the 70s including Billy Connolly, Martie Cane, Tony Christie, they all visited our house when I was a kid and I can remember visiting his agent as a kid when Martie Cane was there at the same time. Gary Barlow stayed a week in my uncle's motorhome in the same yard where I now convert vehicles to LPG just before Take That came on the scene , Gary was doing a week of gigs locally for my dad. I know my dad did the same gig as the Beatles on a few occasions before they became really big, one gig was local at Doncaster Odeon.

Last edited:
Where the Sundowners a big band / show band? If so I think that was a band my mates dad was in (Peter Metcalfe) that was his claim to fame that the Beatles where there support act

As far as I know they were one of those bands that almost made it really big, close but no TV appearances and no record deal. My dad's time in bands was mostly before I was born, he was a solo act by the time I was old enough to remember but I'll ask my mum for more info and report back. The Beatles were not really big when my dad worked the same gigs as them and I seem to remember him saying Beatles were his band's support act... I know it's true that he worked the gigs with Beatles but I thought he was having a laugh with Beatles being his band's support act lol.

I don't have this problem as my wife is scared to drive my cars for 2 reasons.
1. It's an automatic.
2. It's big and she's terrified of crashing it or curbing the alloys.
So I'm not going to make her then she'll never know how amazing and easy it is to drive
πŸ˜†πŸ‘

My wiofe cant drive...and if she could shed be scared of this lol...she winces as I go round car parks...

Love this song - they even dug up Wild Bill Hicok to play guitar ;)

and this is a beauty. Imagine health & safety these days ;) I posted it in another thread yesterday but it's so good it's worth another listen ;):D

@Declan Yeh asked my mum, dad was in Tony Sheridan and The Sundowners. Tony's real name is Don Hemmingway, my mum still talks to his wife occasionally, Don nicked his brother's first name for his stage name. Some of them came to my dad's funeral, there were 2000+ there. She says 'Peter Metcalfe I'm sure I know that name, I'll ask another members wife next time we chat'.

@Declan Yeh asked my mum, dad was in Tony Sheridan and The Sundowners. Tony's real name is Don Hemmingway, my mum still talks to his wife occasionally, Don nicked his brother's first name for his stage name. Some of them came to my dad's funeral, there were 2000+ there. She says 'Peter Metcalfe I'm sure I know that name, I'll ask another members wife next time we chat'.

Pretty sure the beatles played with Tony Sheridan in Hamburg in the 60's before Brian Epstein signed them up

Back