• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Just spit balling fro jdm Coombe 2022

Kenzie (Mary Poppins)

Here for life
Premium Member
North West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
What are the thoughts on a joint venture with the Toyota alphard and valfire group to try and get a bigger podium for like minded enthusiasts as we don't just go for the cars we go for the camaraderie

What are the thoughts on a joint venture with the Toyota alphard and valfire group to try and get a bigger podium for like minded enthusiasts as we don't just go for the cars we go for the camaraderie
I’m unsure tbh as at the moment I will be cleaning up the original thread an hoping to see if we can increase our plot size..

not gonna lie these last 3-4 times I’ve been to castle Combe the alphard groups haven’t been very nice to us.. not only that have completely bashed us on their groups.

will definitely keep it in mind though

I haveva few alphard members 9n my Facebook that added me for my trailer conversion though it would be nice to double the numbers and have more of a stance but saying that last night shows not everyone shares the same views

I haveva few alphard members 9n my Facebook that added me for my trailer conversion though it would be nice to double the numbers and have more of a stance but saying that last night shows not everyone shares the same views
Yeah I’d love to have loads of people coming an not just 10 I do find for day shows like this people are not happy to travel it’s a shame.. doesn’t help it’s obviously now in October an the weather might be a bit 😬😬

🤞 I can get them to increase our plot size an get more people turning up

Yeah I’d love to have loads of people coming an not just 10 I do find for day shows like this people are not happy to travel it’s a shame.. doesn’t help it’s obviously now in October an the weather might be a bit 😬😬

🤞 I can get them to increase our plot size an get more people turning up
I'm hoping next year I can book into a few more but have to be carefully with wife as I was aloud 3to 4 shows one year and we ended up at 15 she was not impressed but after 10 years she's staring to fold lol

I'm hoping next year I can book into a few more but have to be carefully with wife as I was aloud 3to 4 shows one year and we ended up at 15 she was not impressed but after 10 years she's staring to fold lol
Yeah I get it doesn’t help it all adds up in cost doesn’t it.. if we could we would go to every show but can’t possibly afford it.

I’m unsure tbh as at the moment I will be cleaning up the original thread an hoping to see if we can increase our plot size..

not gonna lie these last 3-4 times I’ve been to castle Combe the alphard groups haven’t been very nice to us.. not only that have completely bashed us on their groups.

will definitely keep it in mind though
Interesting, I’ve actually looked at a couple of alphard for a replacement to my e50 , it won’t last forever and alphand might be more me than a e51 . But at end of day if club isn’t the best just means I won’t be a member lol

I was contacted through a member let him know I possess the question on hear seen he was bigging up how freinly a group alphard owners were then put a load of abuse in a pm to me so I copy and pasted to his main post let's say it dint go down well he blocked me lol

I was contacted through a member let him know I possess the question on hear seen he was bigging up how freinly a group alphard owners were then put a load of abuse in a pm to me so I copy and pasted to his main post let's say it dint go down well he blocked me lol
Yeah that doesn’t surprise me a few people have had situations like that 😬

Are the subaru sambar owners club going?

If so gegg in with them, they look stupid but friendly.

I love Sambar owners.

I bought an Alphard earlier this year, but still visit the Elgrand club every day as I've been a member over a year and you are all awesome!!!
I'm also on the Alphardclub.com and it is friendly but next to useless. No one posts unless they want advice, and no one really follows up on results after advice. Not a patch on this glorious forum!
No fun chat, no cool people chatting shit.
I find that the problem with other clubs is the Facebook element, rather than being about the club per se.
Facebook is a blight on this earth in my opinion, and I'll never be a part of it- I get my Wife and friends to look on there for me lol.
Alphards are great, Elgrands are great.....people are......people.

I bought an Alphard earlier this year, but still visit the Elgrand club every day as I've been a member over a year and you are all awesome!!!
I'm also on the Alphardclub.com and it is friendly but next to useless. No one posts unless they want advice, and no one really follows up on results after advice. Not a patch on this glorious forum!
No fun chat, no cool people chatting shit.
I find that the problem with other clubs is the Facebook element, rather than being about the club per se.
Facebook is a blight on this earth in my opinion, and I'll never be a part of it- I get my Wife and friends to look on there for me lol.
Alphards are great, Elgrands are great.....people are......people.
And what is your honest veiw on alphard verse Elgrand ( guessing I had the e51 )

I would have only considered the XL Ellie or the MZ Alphie which are very close in Spec.

I wanted Curtains for camping, 7 seats, twin sunroofs, cruise control- As much luxury as possible really!

Wasn't fussed about 4x4 but deffo wanted all electric doors and boot-This was the clincher(or one of them) as Ellie doesn't seem to have leccy boot option.

I looked at a LOT of Elgrands and Alphards online and in the flesh at Worcester Road Motors and Stuart Spencer Autos which are both local to me...and to be honest I ended up preferring the interior of the Alphie layout.

I also changed my mind about having leather seats once I saw the quality of the Toyota Cloth version vs my mates Ellie Leather which was looking a bit tired.

Ellie seats are more comfortable though.

Alphie 10 speaker stereo is amazing...not standard though, and oh my god what an absolute Pig to upgrade the head unit- Ellie is easier no doubt about it.
That cost me too much money, but I love what I ended up with.

So I was worried about the ubiquitous CAT issues, didn't want to have to deal with it at all.
Then I read about the Aircon pipes and again was slightly put off....
I guess this is the flipside of having a really good forum...both the bad and the good come to light.

Don't know about any common probs with the Alphie, but it could be that they just aren't discussed in the same manner- time will tell how good it remains, but the Alphie is genuinely the nicest Car I've ever had, or even been in because I don't want standard Euro personality lacking cars.

My mates have Audi Q7, and Merc C220, and have owned Beemers etc. and they are nice, just not the ride or luxury I want from a vehicle.

Ellie is better looking at the front, though I do really like my 2005 Alphie better side on and rear.

Fuel consumption is about the same between the 2 brands.

I got a 2 year warranty through Stuart Spencer Autos, and they have home repaired a sliding door motor, and Garage repaired a speed sensor. Both were 10 min fixes under warranty.
2nd hand is always a risk, so all about minimising it for me as it is my only family/work vehicle.

I wash it every week which is a first for me as the previous Zafira got washed 3 times in 6 years.

To sum it up, not much between them-personal preference I guess.

I would buy the same again even if money was no object, though I would probably have an Ellie and an Alphie.
Sorry for the massive post, but you did ask!

I would have only considered the XL Ellie or the MZ Alphie which are very close in Spec.

I wanted Curtains for camping, 7 seats, twin sunroofs, cruise control- As much luxury as possible really!

Wasn't fussed about 4x4 but deffo wanted all electric doors and boot-This was the clincher(or one of them) as Ellie doesn't seem to have leccy boot option.

I looked at a LOT of Elgrands and Alphards online and in the flesh at Worcester Road Motors and Stuart Spencer Autos which are both local to me...and to be honest I ended up preferring the interior of the Alphie layout.

I also changed my mind about having leather seats once I saw the quality of the Toyota Cloth version vs my mates Ellie Leather which was looking a bit tired.

Ellie seats are more comfortable though.

Alphie 10 speaker stereo is amazing...not standard though, and oh my god what an absolute Pig to upgrade the head unit- Ellie is easier no doubt about it.
That cost me too much money, but I love what I ended up with.

So I was worried about the ubiquitous CAT issues, didn't want to have to deal with it at all.
Then I read about the Aircon pipes and again was slightly put off....
I guess this is the flipside of having a really good forum...both the bad and the good come to light.

Don't know about any common probs with the Alphie, but it could be that they just aren't discussed in the same manner- time will tell how good it remains, but the Alphie is genuinely the nicest Car I've ever had, or even been in because I don't want standard Euro personality lacking cars.

My mates have Audi Q7, and Merc C220, and have owned Beemers etc. and they are nice, just not the ride or luxury I want from a vehicle.

Ellie is better looking at the front, though I do really like my 2005 Alphie better side on and rear.

Fuel consumption is about the same between the 2 brands.

I got a 2 year warranty through Stuart Spencer Autos, and they have home repaired a sliding door motor, and Garage repaired a speed sensor. Both were 10 min fixes under warranty.
2nd hand is always a risk, so all about minimising it for me as it is my only family/work vehicle.

I wash it every week which is a first for me as the previous Zafira got washed 3 times in 6 years.

To sum it up, not much between them-personal preference I guess.

I would buy the same again even if money was no object, though I would probably have an Ellie and an Alphie.
Sorry for the massive post, but you did ask!
Thanks for reply , funny how u like e51 front better than alphard, I’m the opposite, front of alphand is more like my e50 nice and chunky

Back