• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Just had to have our dog put down.

peter strokosz

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
peter
Sorry for your loss , we have two rescue dogs .. you did rescue your dog and give him a good life and home take solace in that... you gave him more happiness than he had ever received before ..dogs are a big part of any family and will always be missed when is their time to go..

Kermit

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
E-Bucks
First Name
Roberta
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
The important thing is you enriched his life in the time you had with him. I'm sure he would have been grateful and thank you if he could.
Yeah lol, we had all hard floors when we first got him but he didn't like sliding about so within 10 days we had the whole house bloody carpeted for him! He was definitely grateful for that bless him.
Sorry for your loss , we have two rescue dogs .. you did rescue your dog and give him a good life and home take solace in that... you gave him more happiness than he had ever received before ..dogs are a big part of any family and will always be missed when is their time to go..
Thank you Peter.

Gutted, we go on holiday in 4 weeks and were planning a nice adventure with him in the Ellie, getting his paws wet on the beach.

Kermit

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
E-Bucks
First Name
Roberta
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
E-Bucks
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
@Kermit - please do not apologise for posting the news on here. ElgrandOC is not just an owners club, we're a community. It actually means a great deal to me that members of this club feel they can share these things with the wider group.

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a dog is, as others have said, losing a member of the family. They are not just a pet, they are loved and they love you back unconditionally. It's heart-breaking to lose a four legged friend. I and others here will all appreciate what you are going through.

I remember being 16 and having to take our dog to the vets that one last time. I'd grown up with him since the age of 2, and I don't think I appreciated how much I loved him until it was too late. I'll never forget that day.

You did the right thing, that's the only comfort you can take from this. He is at peace now, and in time the wound you are left with will heal.

JohnK

Premium Member
E51 Owner
London
E-Bucks
First Name
John
Elgrand
E51
Region
London
So sorry to hear that :(. Agree with everything Karl says (and others on here). Dogs (and cats!) bring so much joy to us and leave a huge gap when they go. Relish the memories. Try to enjoy your holiday as best you can in the knowledge he had a good life with you and is not suffering.

Kermit

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
E-Bucks
First Name
Roberta
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
@Kermit - please do not apologise for posting the news on here. ElgrandOC is not just an owners club, we're a community. It actually means a great deal to me that members of this club feel they can share these things with the wider group.

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a dog is, as others have said, losing a member of the family. They are not just a pet, they are loved and they love you back unconditionally. It's heart-breaking to lose a four legged friend. I and others here will all appreciate what you are going through.

I remember being 16 and having to take our dog to the vets that one last time. I'd grown up with him since the age of 2, and I don't think I appreciated how much I loved him until it was too late. I'll never forget that day.

You did the right thing, that's the only comfort you can take from this. He is at peace now, and in time the wound you are left with will heal.
Crikey Karl, thank you so much for this. Such a lovely post, and here's me thinking you are all tough!
Sorry to hear about your dog, it really is bloody horrible.
Thank you so much.

Kermit

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
E-Bucks
First Name
Roberta
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
So sorry to hear that :(. Agree with everything Karl says (and others on here). Dogs (and cats!) bring so much joy to us and leave a huge gap when they go. Relish the memories. Try to enjoy your holiday as best you can in the knowledge he had a good life with you and is not suffering.
Thanks, John. I appreciate that.

chris56

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
E-Bucks
First Name
Chris
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Sorry to hear about your loss.No animal lovers like going through the losing process.

Petrolheadgman

Active Newbie
E50 Owner
South East
E-Bucks
First Name
Graeme
Elgrand
E50
Region
South East
So sad to see this. Feel for you and i'm still getting over losing our 2 Collies over the last year myself. really are part of the family aren't they!!!

Mark Holden

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South West
E-Bucks
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
Sorry to hear your loss, judging by the fun posts you stick on, he had a fun time with you!