• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

just a random thought

robert edwards

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
seeing as we cant get to any meets for a while can one of the addmin set a date for all to send a picture old or new for a large nationwide meet give people a chance to get the perfect shot and maybe a little judging as encouragement set it as a thread just for a national meet :cool:

robert edwards

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
what i was thinking was to do it all on the same day like a proper meet see how many we get and hopefully get some fresh photos and members i only asked addmin as they can put it up as a proper appeal to a wider audience not every one reads all the posts :)

blingo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Good idea!
Something like this, first Elgrand JAE and a bit of Marmite :)
IMG_20150912_144628701.jpg

blingo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Good idea!
Something like this, first Elgrand JAE and a bit of Marmite :)
View attachment 31581
Hate to quote myself but funny how an E51 white rider seemed special back then! :D And means nothing to you lot but how small is my son!!!!

robert edwards

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
thats the idea i didnt want to just put a date and everyone put pics up and crash the system or something maybe a bit like for the calendar and then it can be edited or what ever computer geeks do :joy:

blingo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Who's is the one on the right with black alloys?
Can't remember his name, don't think he is on here much anyhow - probably facebook.

Last edited:

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Can't remember his name, don't think he is on here much anyhow - probably facebook.

He had his engine done by Abbey Motorsport I believe, seem to recall him saying how it made a lot more power because it was fully forged... ok! :D
Thank you 👍
I am no longer on FB or any other of the cesspools.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
@blingo - you are correct it is @kevmo_g

He came to JAE a few years as they were local to him. When JAE moved he stopped coming as he couldn't get there with other commitments.

He was one of the first to experience the dreaded cat issue and had his engine rebuilt with higher compression and more BHP :)

Never tested though, so no idea how much extra he got out of it. He was also the first to get Abbey Motorsport to offer a remap service for the E51. God knows how much he spent on that thing, but it was stunning.

robert edwards

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
i am hoping a member of addmin could run this similar to the calendar then on a certain date put them up as a virtual meet this would give members old and new a chance to post pics to one place and maybe get some funny/good isolation shots

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Here you go @robert edwards

robert edwards

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
thank you sir i knew you could do it:cool: and as for the burger cliff will only have to make one then its any flavor you like 😋

robert edwards

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
going anywhere nice I'm going to aregate hear its nice this time of year ;)