• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JDM Combe 2019 1/6/19

Great, got worse effort.
I was halfway there, I made an effort.
So I forgot my ticket, thanks. It was too late to turn back when I found out there was a spare ticket down with you.
I feel bad enough, cheers
Sorry, didn't mean to rub salt into the wound. Great shame you missed it.

What a GREAT day!!!

Great people, great weather, great journey, great venue, great atmosphere, great smell of burning rubber from the drifters and great ideas being shared by all.

Great to be part of a group that won the award for Best Small Club :party::party::party:

Great to see @Crazycraig getting picked for the top 25 and parade lap, shows perseverance pays off and help & teamwork from other local members is so valuable from within a great club

Great to see all the vans were in exceptional condition and well cared for... Congrats to the stands 'show and shine' winners, top 3 of @Crazycraig, @Stumpy & @Stempyuno

Great to see all the camping kit, solutions and innovations

Great to have fantastic and helpful forum staff members on hand, thank you @Daddyof4 @Lisa-Marie & @Elementian

And finally, its Great news that they hold this event every year, count me in for 2020

Big thanks to everyone for yesterday, I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

PS: Apologies to all those I didn't speak to or wandered off halfway during a conversation, there was just way too much going on

PPS: Not chuffed with all the sore areas that have been burnt by the sun though...

What a GREAT day!!!

Great people, great weather, great journey, great venue, great atmosphere, great smell of burning rubber from the drifters and great ideas being shared by all.

Great to be part of a group that won the award for Best Small Club :party::party::party:

Great to see @Crazycraig getting picked for the top 25 and parade lap, shows perseverance pays off and help & teamwork from other local members is so valuable from within a great club

Great to see all the vans were in exceptional condition and well cared for... Congrats to the stands 'show and shine' winners, top 3 of @Crazycraig, @Stumpy & @Stempyuno

Great to see all the camping kit, solutions and innovations

Great to have fantastic and helpful forum staff members on hand, thank you @Daddyof4 @Lisa-Marie & @Elementian

And finally, its Great news that they hold this event every year, count me in for 2020

Big thanks to everyone for yesterday, I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

PS: Apologies to all those I didn't speak to or wandered off halfway during a conversation, there was just way too much going on

PPS: Not chuffed with all the sore areas that have been burnt by the sun though...

Was lovely meeting you! :)
My arms are killing today 😂😂

Did anyone else notice the lack of care and the average age of an alphart owner? There were vans covered in splat flies loads for sale (probably cos they look shit) and either overweight or retired. 😂🤣😂🤣

Did anyone else notice the lack of care and the average age of an alphart owner? There were vans covered in splat flies loads for sale (probably cos they look shit) and either overweight or retired. 😂🤣😂🤣

Yes, noted. Most had really yellow headlights too

Well done everyone for being a part of it.

For those of you who are new to meets/events, I hope you have seen why we are always enthused about them and continue to attend future events.

Just to let you know though, it's not about winning trophies and awards, although it is nice to get them, don't feel disappointed if it's not repeated in future. Being there, meeting other owners, and just being a part of it is what counts.

The mini-EOC Show and Shine is a new idea being introduced for 2019. It's a small gesture for those on the stands to just go that extra mile with effort and ensuring that the stand we pull together as a group looks it's best. It's not a requirement to attend, but always helps when the cars are gleaming... this shows with your well deserved win of Best Small Club Stand.

Next year I'd like to see EOC in the running for Large Club Stand - whether we win it or not :D

The official JDM Combe write up is here -> http://jdmcombe.com/news/jdmcombe-2...xkWBUmrSVibePdEKFiUMqYIm32l-Q8znd_ctVF6mDL7yY

JDMCOMBE 2019 TURNS UP THE HEAT IN SPECTACULAR STYLE

The cloudless skies that graced Castle Combe Circuit on the morning of JDMCombe (1 June) set the tone for what was undoubtedly one of the most sensational days on the Wiltshire venue’s calendar so far.

Thousands of petrolheads made the pilgrimage for the sunny circuit’s annual celebration of all things Japanese cars, and with non-stop action both on and off the race track itself throughout the day, it once again proved to be nothing short of a seriously thrilling outing for all involved.

Of course, any self-respecting car show at Combe would be nothing without a hefty dose of stunning club cars in the venue’s display areas, and JDMCombe 2019 was no exception to this rule – with no less than 1500 stunning Japanese cars being shown off between hundreds of dedicated clubs.

Amongst this incredible spectacle, a fiercely-fought Show and Shine competition between 25 of the finest oriental machines in the country eventually concluded with three overall winners being announced by the event’s judges. Third place was awarded to Scott Butler and his flip paint-adorned Honda S2000, second to Chris Bennetto and his painfully clean EP3 Honda Civic Type R, with the top spot dished out to a well-deserved Nick Phillips and his beautifully modified Mitsubishi Evolution IX.

There were also a trio of awards to deliver to the organiser’s favourite clubs in attendance. After much deliberation, ‘Small Club of the Show’ was handed to the Elgrand Owners’ Club – an outfit dedicated to Nissan’s quirky minivan, with ‘Big Club of the Show’ going to Club ITR – a large group dedicated to all things Honda Integra, and ‘Overall Club of the Show’ placed in the delighted hands of the FDOC – an organisation revolving around the iconic third-generation Mazda RX-7.

This just left judges with the extremely tricky task of finding the overall car of the show. But luckily, there was one machine that seemed to stand head and shoulders above its peers: Simon Cottingham’s carbon fibre-clad Mitsubishi Evolution IX, complete with a Norris Designs-built twin-charged engine capable of offering up over 850bhp!

The 1.85-mile race track itself was also a hive of activity throughout proceedings. Dotted in-between the ample public Japanese track sessions (that saw all manner of tasty metal taking to the circuit) was hot passenger laps, a Top 25 parade session and, of course, some electrifying professional drifting displays to keep the spectators glued to their seats.

The official JDM Combe write up is here -> http://jdmcombe.com/news/jdmcombe-2...xkWBUmrSVibePdEKFiUMqYIm32l-Q8znd_ctVF6mDL7yY

JDMCOMBE 2019 TURNS UP THE HEAT IN SPECTACULAR STYLE

The cloudless skies that graced Castle Combe Circuit on the morning of JDMCombe (1 June) set the tone for what was undoubtedly one of the most sensational days on the Wiltshire venue’s calendar so far.

Thousands of petrolheads made the pilgrimage for the sunny circuit’s annual celebration of all things Japanese cars, and with non-stop action both on and off the race track itself throughout the day, it once again proved to be nothing short of a seriously thrilling outing for all involved.

Of course, any self-respecting car show at Combe would be nothing without a hefty dose of stunning club cars in the venue’s display areas, and JDMCombe 2019 was no exception to this rule – with no less than 1500 stunning Japanese cars being shown off between hundreds of dedicated clubs.

Amongst this incredible spectacle, a fiercely-fought Show and Shine competition between 25 of the finest oriental machines in the country eventually concluded with three overall winners being announced by the event’s judges. Third place was awarded to Scott Butler and his flip paint-adorned Honda S2000, second to Chris Bennetto and his painfully clean EP3 Honda Civic Type R, with the top spot dished out to a well-deserved Nick Phillips and his beautifully modified Mitsubishi Evolution IX.

There were also a trio of awards to deliver to the organiser’s favourite clubs in attendance. After much deliberation, ‘Small Club of the Show’ was handed to the Elgrand Owners’ Club – an outfit dedicated to Nissan’s quirky minivan, with ‘Big Club of the Show’ going to Club ITR – a large group dedicated to all things Honda Integra, and ‘Overall Club of the Show’ placed in the delighted hands of the FDOC – an organisation revolving around the iconic third-generation Mazda RX-7.

This just left judges with the extremely tricky task of finding the overall car of the show. But luckily, there was one machine that seemed to stand head and shoulders above its peers: Simon Cottingham’s carbon fibre-clad Mitsubishi Evolution IX, complete with a Norris Designs-built twin-charged engine capable of offering up over 850bhp!

The 1.85-mile race track itself was also a hive of activity throughout proceedings. Dotted in-between the ample public Japanese track sessions (that saw all manner of tasty metal taking to the circuit) was hot passenger laps, a Top 25 parade session and, of course, some electrifying professional drifting displays to keep the spectators glued to their seats.
Lol I shared it to the oc Facebook page 30 minutes ago 👍 😂

Back