• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAP SHOW SANTA POD, 6th & 7th JUNE 2020

Called Donna at Santa Pod today and the response was like so many businesses in the UK they are not cancelling until they really HAVE to, so at the moment it is still scheduled to go ahead BUT as we are 2 to 3 weeks behind Italy with Covid-19 plus the fact that infrastructure and supports agencies like the medical support at race meetings are likely to be needed elsewhere we can only guess if the Jap Show will go ahead at this present time.
If it is called off due to the situation it looks like a refund will be issued. I will not be forwarding on your payments until the last day of booking so I have some control over your ticket moneys myself.
I will keep checking with them and keep you informed.

Called Donna at Santa Pod today and the response was like so many businesses in the UK they are not cancelling until they really HAVE to, so at the moment it is still scheduled to go ahead BUT as we are 2 to 3 weeks behind Italy with Covid-19 plus the fact that infrastructure and supports agencies like the medical support at race meetings are likely to be needed elsewhere we can only guess if the Jap Show will go ahead at this present time.
If it is called off due to the situation it looks like a refund will be issued. I will not be forwarding on your payments until the last day of booking so I have some control over your ticket moneys myself.
I will keep checking with them and keep you informed.
Thank you mate, in you we trust

Whatever happens Brian, you have done a great job organising it!
If it gets cancelled we could do a video conferencing with the Ellie's going down a local street near you and see who gets to the bottom first.... šŸ˜‹

Nice work Brian. Thanks for all your hard work.

Top man Brian, your efforts are greatly appreciated.šŸ‘

OK GUYS. I HAVE TAKEN THE DECISSION TO NOT ORGANISE THE CLUB STAND AT THIS YEARS JAP SHOW. THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING I AM SURE THAT SANTA POD WILL PULL THE PLUG ON THE SHOW AT A LATER DATE PLUS EVEN IF THEY DONT THE SHOW WILL NOT BE A SHADOW OF THE PAST EVENTS AS PEOPLES CONFIDENCE HAVE BEEN KNOCKED AND I CAN SEE A LOT OF US HAVING TO TIGHTEN OUR BELTS TO SURVIVE. I WOULD RATHER TAKE OUT THE WONDERING ELLIMENT FROM IF THE SHOW WILL TAKE PLACE SO WE CAN ALL CONCENTRATE ON GETTING THROUGH WHAT COULD BE QUITE A FEW MONTHS STRUGGLE AND EVEN LONGER FINANCIAL HARDSHIPS.
I WILL BE RETURNING YOUR HARD EARNED CASH BACK TO THE ACCOUNTS IT WAS SENT FROM OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS

SORRY GUYS I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND.

It's such a shame I've been looking forward to catching up with everyone, but I completely agree with you Brian, a tough decision well made. šŸ‘

Real shame that Brian but totally understandable, let's hope things get back to normal asap.thanks for all your hard work.šŸ‘

Thanks guys. After the statement by Boris this evening I am even unsure if I am able to travel 10 mile each way to the shop to send out parts needed by owners. The statement said online shops will be open but they wont if the staff cant get there.

Thanks guys. After the statement by Boris this evening I am even unsure if I am able to travel 10 mile each way to the shop to send out parts needed by owners. The statement said online shops will be open but they wont if the staff cant get there.
It's a tricky one, so many broad phrases being used with no real explanation what they mean. For you, "shouldn't travel to work unless absolutely necessary" is the key one. As you don't run a traditional direct customer facing business - I reckon you'd be fine.

Good luck!

Ok guys, those that have paid for tickets for The Jap Show I have today just refunded your payments so please check your accounts have the payments in under Santa Pod refund sent as a friend. Its looking more and more like most shows and events may have to be called off up until the end of June due to Covid-19, Stay safe and I hope we all get through this with a little pain and financial loss as poss.

Stay Well, Brian BMR.

All received and thank you very much Brian, all the best and stay safe and well

Reactions: BMR
I'll hang onto the Chivas until we meet again Cliff, take care mate.
Thank you mate, I was looking forward to that, may even buy a bottle when I next go for my essential shop and drink it in homage to u... Stay safe mate and be well

Back