• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAP SHOW SANTA POD 14th /15th MAY 2022 ATTENDANCE LIST

Just a thought if you get 10 could you ask everybody to cough up before you book or would it be too much hassle to refund members if you don't get all 10 to pay up? Don't see why you should lose out after all your hard work.

Last edited:
Sorry guys i did try, as we didnt reach the required number of vehicles to book by our cut off date (i know santa pod club is still booking club stands for another 2 weeks but who wants a poor flooded club stand, being pushed to the rear as a late booking). A club stand this year is the first in many where i can say out of 11,000 so called members we didnt reach the number of Elgrands needed to go as a club. All i can say is thanks to those of you that have attended in the past and enjoyed the club stand at Santa Pod a BIG THANK YOU. and to those that wanted to go for the first time this year SORRY GUYS it just didnt happen.
I know some people have a justified reason for not taking part and i respect that, I also know that quite a few Elgrands now days are not run by enthusiasts anymore needing a people carrier to move kids, elderly etc so are not likely to want to meet with other owners who are enthusiasts and i respect that but out of 11,000 members come on. You wouldnt like it if i sold Elgrand parts using that same percentage of enthusiasm.
With that said I am now stepping down from organising any more events having done The Jap Show for many a year with the Elgrand Owners Club UK, only being stopped by the Covid problems. If anyone else wants to take over please text me on 07970549787 and i can supply you the info you need, who to talk to, what is needed and phone numbers and what to say etc.

ITS BEEN A BLAST IN THE PAST BUT SORRY GUYS I GIVE UP

Sorry guys i did try, as we didnt reach the required number of vehicles to book by our cut off date (i know santa pod club is still booking club stands for another 2 weeks but who wants a poor flooded club stand, being pushed to the rear as a late booking). A club stand this year is the first in many where i can say out of 11,000 so called members we didnt reach the number of Elgrands needed to go as a club. All i can say is thanks to those of you that have attended in the past and enjoyed the club stand at Santa Pod a BIG THANK YOU. and to those that wanted to go for the first time this year SORRY GUYS it just didnt happen.
I know some people have a justified reason for not taking part and i respect that, I also know that quite a few Elgrands now days are not run by enthusiasts anymore needing a people carrier to move kids, elderly etc so are not likely to want to meet with other owners who are enthusiasts and i respect that but out of 11,000 members come on. You wouldnt like it if i sold Elgrand parts using that same percentage of enthusiasm.
With that said I am now stepping down from organising any more events having done The Jap Show for many a year with the Elgrand Owners Club UK, only being stopped by the Covid problems. If anyone else wants to take over please text me on 07970549787 and i can supply you the info you need, who to talk to, what is needed and phone numbers and what to say etc.

It's a shame but totally respect your decision, look after yourself first.

I'll still probably go for the day anyhow if anyone wants to meet up.

Real shame it was the first meet me and the wife came to, understand your decision,keep well and thanks 👍👍

As above thanks for trying,and thanks for all your hard work in the past it is a shame really as a club we can't muster more than 10 vans for this great event,good luck Brian and keep well

We've only had our e51 a week and it's going back to the dealer to be put right later in the week, we should have it back to pop along though.

We are not going as a club,not sure about individuals

Hi Karlos, I would usually do this one as weather tends to be better than the October finale, unfortunately I'm away on holiday that weekend.
Hope you get the numbers up although probably doesn’t help that Elgrandfest is on the same weekend.
Elgrandfest was planned sine August 2021 so didn't even know when jap show would be it was unfortunate being the same weekend but wasn't done to take members away from this event i know how much time an effort it takes to organise an event like this so i get it an its a shame this is not happening.

Elgrandfest was planned sine August 2021 so didn't even know when jap show would be it was unfortunate being the same weekend but wasn't done to take members away from this event i know how much time an effort it takes to organise an event like this so i get it an its a shame this is not happening.
I had a toss up between the 2 but have some army pals meeting me I'm Wales that you and rib e t met last year which swayed me

Not a dig at the planning / timing of Elgrandfest, just an observation.
Thank you Brian for all the show organising over the years.

No thanks needed guys, i enjoyed trying to get the club stand sorted for the event but it seems Covid appathy seems to have taken hold, that along with out governments blind headlong race for net zero emissions have scared all the fun out of car shows. It was good while it lasted, none of us are getting any richer and i guess this is what happens.

I think also with this event it just happened to coinside with the Wales fest so let's not give up guys

I'm still going on the Sunday, tickets just bought 😁

Got to say last year's event with Cliff super Chef and BMR and all the others was a perfect weekend. Forgot to add whoever brought the real ale was lovely.

Last edited:
Got to say last year's event with Cliff super Chef and BMR and all the others was a perfect weekend.
This was the first show I went to in my last Elgrand, 7 years ago... Hopefully we'll be back as a club one day!

Back