• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAP SHOW FINALE 22nd AND 23rd SEPTEMBER 2018. SANTA POD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already sorted tickets am looking forward to meeting u all and will be the first outing with the caravan behind it so hope all goes well

Hi, last time we slept on the stand, rather than in the camping area. I don't think you'd be able to bring your caravan into the show area, so you would need to leave that in the camping area.

@Cliff goodwin, as Rob said, you can get a ticket online, or failing that just buy one on the gate.

I believe the event is open all day on the Saturday, but we will be arriving around midday I would think, maybe 2pm.

People set off around 3-4pm on Sunday, but it's up to you if you want to leave earlier/later than that :)

Thanks for the replies guys I can plan my journey now 👍

Just added myself to the list, I'll be there! Another 2 hour trip down the A1 in convoy ahah. Good thing I didn't burn off my touring tire!
Nevermind, just found out I'm working on the night of the 22nd. FUCK! Next time. Next time.

Last edited:
Just added myself to the list, I'll be there! Another 2 hour trip down the A1 in convoy ahah. Good thing I didn't burn off my touring tire!
Nevermind, just found out I'm working on the night of the 22nd. FUCK! Next time. Next time.

Booooooooo!!

Which camp area the gate side or show side a bud

We'll probably be camping on the actual plot like we did earlier in the year, so we'll be in the show area not the general camping bit.

I think there is club camping behind the fairgrounds

are you sending out tickets this week Brian

Hi all and in answer to Karlos above the tickets have been with me for a while but just received the car passes that need to be filled out and hanging from your interior mirror to get past the Santa Pod car park attendants and onto the Club Stand. So those of you going for the weekend keep a look out in your letter boxes and tape the dogs mouth shut to stop the hound chewing your tickets up because they will be dropping on your mat over the next few days. Kata I have also posted out 2 sunday tickets to you, your own will be with me when we meet up sunday morning.

Those of you going on just the sunday I have arranged with Podington Garden Centre that we can meet up in their car park at 9.00am so I can hand out your tickets and car passes that need filling out so bring a biro.

Podington Garden Centres post code is NN29 7HS.

SUNDAY GUYS DO NOT BE LATE WE WILL CONVOY INTO SANTA POD AT 9.30

Have I got to cet mine from you on the Saturday karlos

Hi all and in answer to Karlos above the tickets have been with me for a while but just received the car passes that need to be filled out and hanging from your interior mirror to get past the Santa Pod car park attendants and onto the Club Stand. So those of you going for the weekend keep a look out in your letter boxes and tape the dogs mouth shut to stop the hound chewing your tickets up because they will be dropping on your mat over the next few days. Kata I have also posted out 2 sunday tickets to you, your own will be with me when we meet up sunday morning.

Those of you going on just the sunday I have arranged with Podington Garden Centre that we can meet up in their car park at 9.00am so I can hand out your tickets and car passes that need filling out so bring a biro.

Podington Garden Centres post code is NN29 7HS.

SUNDAY GUYS DO NOT BE LATE WE WILL CONVOY INTO SANTA POD AT 9.30
Just got my ticket,many thanks @BMR and see u there

Have I got to cet mine from you on the Saturday karlos
brian is sending out the weekend tickets by post or if you are going sunday only everyone is meeting at the garden centre
and he will give them out

Ok guys,'re: bbq,I know I'm blowing my own trumpet a bit, but am renowned as the 'grill king' and as such just asking how many are going as would like to make one of my signature Memphis smoke house burgers for all that want one,with or without a nice chilli topping, it's just my way of making up for not such a good Elgrand to show lol, and to say a big thanks for the help of the forum. anyway let me know if it takes ur fancy so I know how many to cater for, and maybe I'll do some other nice food if I get the time. 😉

@Cliff goodwin there are at least 10 adults on the Saturday night on our stand, maybe 11.

I know @Pippa won't want one (she doesn't really do anything other than chicken), but I also know that the rest of us are hungry bastards. Maybe plan for 14-16 burgers?

There is another Elgrand group attending, and we are sort of at loggerheads with their admin team, but the members are also members here... So we may have a couple of them join us for drinks... The few spares accounted for in 14-16 will be gobbled up by them if they come over.

Not sure what's involved in making one of these burgers but I know I'll smash a couple no problem 😂👍

@Cliff goodwin there are at least 10 adults on the Saturday night on our stand, maybe 11.

I know @Pippa won't want one (she doesn't really do anything other than chicken), but I also know that the rest of us are hungry bastards. Maybe plan for 14-16 burgers?

There is another Elgrand group attending, and we are sort of at loggerheads with their admin team, but the members are also members here... So we may have a couple of them join us for drinks... The few spares accounted for in 14-16 will be gobbled up by them if they come over.

Not sure what's involved in making one of these burgers but I know I'll smash a couple no problem 😂👍
no problem man after my own heart,bit involved but if I start on Thursday lol
Awesome I'll make a good 20 or so and a nice bit of chicken for pippa and anyone else who'd like,maybe a nice chicken tikka in a pitta with salad if I get time 😉

Ok guys,'re: bbq,I know I'm blowing my own trumpet a bit, but am renowned as the 'grill king' and as such just asking how many are going as would like to make one of my signature Memphis smoke house burgers for all that want one,with or without a nice chilli topping, it's just my way of making up for not such a good Elgrand to show lol, and to say a big thanks for the help of the forum. anyway let me know if it takes ur fancy so I know how many to cater for, and maybe I'll do some other nice food if I get the time. 😉
this sound like a banging idea thanks very much count me in:yum

no problem man after my own heart,bit involved but if I start on Thursday lol
Awesome I'll make a good 20 or so and a nice bit of chicken for pippa and anyone else who'd like,maybe a nice chicken tikka in a pitta with salad if I get time 😉
Omg that sounds delicious. I want that now lmao. I only like lettuce onion and cucumber in my salad :joy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back