• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAE What are you sleeping in?

Lisa-Marie

Admin
Staff member
Wales
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Lisa-Marie
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
What are you sleeping in...

Van, tent or awning also what tent or awning are you bringing :)

We are bringing Vango galli low is quite big for 2 people but if anyone wants to put some stuff in ours your welcome to do so. X

We will be bringing our Vango galli also.
Probably sleep in the van if I can get the sleeping right, if not then in the awning.
Quiet camping as I think it will be too big for the stand.

Tent. It's sat in it's bag on the floor in the lounge right in front of me now. It's better be good - spent far too much for what will likely be only 2 nights camping this year now.

Van... The Mrs and I

Tent for us. Me the wife and 2 kids 👍

Bought a tent on Sunday ,may be better in the quiet area as it is quite large.

Wish i was in the caravan Brian,unfortunately it;s in Flamborough and i don't have an Elgrand with a towbar . Bought a tent off a mate on Sunday ????? lol
It's been a long time since i slept under canvas so i'm bringing extra alcohol to soften the blow

We will be all sleeping in our fishing bivvy.... not a little bivvy by all claims it’s the worlds latgest bivvy 3m wide 4.5m deep and a head height of 2m... we have slept our family of five in it before on a camping trip to Scotland..

In the Elgrand

For those who are saying the tent might be too big for the stand... the plot we have this year appears to be bigger than last year, and we have 10 less vehicles on the stand, so we should be OK.

Our four plots are split by a fire lane, 2 one side (where the cars will all be on display through the day) and tents/awnings/caravans will be on the other side.

Feel free to make use of the quiet camping area as the plots can be quite noisy into the early hours, but we will tone things down around 11pm/midnight for those who want to stay up and keep partying.

That said, @Pippa and I are sleeping in the van, so it's easy for us.

Those with an awning will be expected to have the Elgrand on the show stand during the day, and drive back to the awning ready for sleeping.

We want to avoid the show stand looking like a camp site like it did last year.

I'm actually in two minds to just sleep in the van am not bring the awning 🙈 its only us two haha x

I will be in the bus and my future brother in law will be in the 2 man tent. I will do my usual twister impersonation getting in and out and dressed inside. Not easy when ur the size of half a whale! Lmao.

I will be in the bus and my future brother in law will be in the 2 man tent. I will do my usual twister impersonation getting in and out and dressed inside. Not easy when ur the size of half a whale! Lmao.
The missus and I found the van to be very "spacious" with the middle seats removed.... I'll say no more. :p

I'm actually in two minds to just sleep in the van am not bring the awning 🙈 its only us two haha x

It’s so much better sleeping in the van. One less thing to worry about, and the last time we slept in the van, we didn’t use an air bed and was the best sleep I had :joy:

Back