• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAE virgins - what do you need?

clocky280

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Elgrand
E50
Region
Midlands
For anyone who has not been to JAE before - here is the list of things you'll need:

JAE IS NOT A STATIC EVENT - What this means is that you are free to come and go as you please throughout the show - assuming you are sober enough to drive! This means you can travel to a local shop each day to get supplies if you want to. If you forget anything, it's not the end of the world.

Basics:

Chairs
Food (your own, we don't expect people to share)
Booze (your own, we don't expect people to share)
Sleeping kit (if in van, duvet/pillows/something to flatten out the seats if you're picky)
2x bags of Ice
Clothes for sun/rain - it's England, you should know by now!
Clothes for evening - the temperature drops quite a lot
BABY WIPES - These are great for quickly wiping your hands, arms, knees, legs, face, neck, stinky bits
Shower Stuff - Unless the baby wipe wash will suffice for a couple of days
Toothbrush/Paste
Suncream
Torch / Camping light
Chargers for any electrical items

Advanced - SPEAK TO EITHER MYSELF OR @Madfish SO THAT WE CAN TRACK WHO IS BRINGING WHAT

Tables
Extension Leads & Multi-way Sockets
Disco Lighting
ANY COMMUNAL SUPPLIES (we had approx. 300 sausages and buns dropped off last year for the BBQ)
Mini Fridges for chilled food storage (meat)

CLUB SUPPLIES (What we bring for you)

6m x 3x Marquee (x3)
Communal Double Sided Barrel BBQ
BBQ Utensils (2 sets)
Paddling Pool (for the beer)
Sun Cream (Factor 50 - to make sure the kids in attendance don't get burnt)
Entertainment for the kids - Colouring Books / Activity Games

Last edited by a moderator:
A windbreak........... For after the drinks!!:D

No idea. Not camped out in a van for forty years , had a VW (sorry) bay window ex builders van. That just had an old mattress (I was young once), an armchair, and a stool to put a Coleman on in the back. Since then always done bike rallies on my Guzzies and took only what I can carry on my back. Ellie camping (glamping?) is a whole new ball game.

No idea. Not camped out in a van for forty years , had a VW (sorry) bay window ex builders van. That just had an old mattress (I was young once), an armchair, and a stool to put a Coleman on in the back. Since then always done bike rallies on my Guzzies and took only what I can carry on my back. Ellie camping (glamping?) is a whole new ball game.
We am better than that u coming jae

Back