• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAE 2019 POLL - 8th to 11th August - PLEASE VOTE

Would you travel to Norfolk for JAE

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Okay guys, the rumour is that JAE will be moving to Norfolk for 2019.
For all those who like to attend, and for all those who want to attend, would you still go if it's announced that JAE will be at Norfolk Showground?

The new dates are Thursday 8th August to Sunday 11th August, 3 weeks earlier than previous years.

This is a genuine poll that will be used to help organise the main event for 2019, so please only vote if you actually want to attend JAE.

No, not untill they get their sh1t together...

If it was like it was 5+ years ago I'd have travelled anywhere in the UK for the show, the last 2 have been a total flop in my opinion and not worth spending the petrol.

There's a very good chance that I would be in Norfolk anway as we holiday there alot. Therefore, the change in dates and location would possibly increase my chances of attending.

I've voted yes , because I would integrate it into a holiday .😎👍But if it was later in the year ie September or October it would be a NO.

I was debating whether to go next year or not even before the venue change. The show itself has become a bit pants.

I was planning on trying to sort out a stand at something that wasn't focused at Jap cars just for a bit of variety. However as you're aware @Karl I'm out of the game until the middle of next summer, so I probably wont be committing to anything just yet.

Yeah, I think a stand a mixed marque event would be good @Mr G

Yeah, I think a stand a mixed marque event would be good @Mr G
I was chatting to the couple that were running the Dyno truck opposite our stand and they said how much better the likes of Mod Nats were as an event

Think Mod Nats may be on the cards. A new show for EOC...

Mod Nats looks like what I expected JAE to be like

I'm very much torn on this. I love going to JAE with you guys. But the change of date conflicts with me going on holiday on the 11th and if it's Norfolk that's a hell of a drive for a couple of days...

I would go but it would be a lot better for everyone moved back to the middle of the country so everyone has an even crack of the whip. I think the modified nats is good for us running custom Elgrands but not too sure about the camper conversion guys.

I have cast yes, hoping dates fall when my ex has daughter.

Also will only be attending if it’s a good turn out as I heard last two years have not been great.

That is no criticism of the Elgrand OC as both events I got to this year we’re great.

@Karl plus the admin keep up good work.
🤪

Mod Nats looks like what I expected JAE to be like

What JAE used to be like! Your first experience was half the size of the year before, and it's got smaller each year we've been.

@Crazycraig, the EOC turn out at JAE has been fa tastic every year. Unfortunately we can't predict what the occupation by other clubs will be.

What JAE used to be like! Your first experience was half the size of the year before, and it's got smaller each year we've been.
Must have read it wrong mate I said "expected" not used.
We had a great time at our first JAE. But we expected a lot more people (public pay at the gate) looking around.
Seemed like there was no public there.
Nothing wrong with the club part of it.
Don't know if previous years was different of that was the norm.

Jae used to be huge and jam packed with both clubs and public... The atmosphere was awesome

It would be a maybe for me. I might be in Norfolk then anyhow - too far ahead to know for sure. Probably wouldn't bother otherwise. As a show, it has gone downhill and I can't believe moving to somewhere less central will improve numbers. Such a shame :(

I'll go where the club goes. Frankly, with me having a Volvo now and a missus that will literally go anywhere with me, anywhere that's open to having any car would be much better. Sure my bike's Jap and I brought it this year to JAE but if my girl wants to come next year, screw going on the bike - I won't get all the gear on and we can sleep in the car like we did at Flame and Thunder two weeks ago.

My first JAE was last year and going again this year was nothing like the year before. I'm with the club. I'm not going to JAE without EOC being there.

If the club changes its annual big event to something better than jae( which is almost any other event) then yes i'll attend again.
But jae is dead to me, its crap as an event.
nothing happens there.
Make it somewhere where cars can run the drag strip, where theres better food outlets, and some actual traders to walk around and make the EOC annual worth being there.
elvington totb, santa pod, donnington any weekend camping event there will be worthwhile as a club.
jap only events are dying as most decent jap event cars are now 20yrs plus old so are getting less and less on road to attend.

Why don't they consider using the Newark show ground , it's sort of mid country . I used to go to the Americana there and it was always well attended .😎👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back