• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAE 2018: Plot Layout

I will be coming with my partners younger brother who is 16. He will be sleeping in the two man tent and I will be sleeping in my bus. As last year I will have my small beach tent to put my gubbins in. Food, suitcase, alcohol and coffee/breakfast making bits and pieces. The tent can happily go in tenting area but am I allowed to have my beach tent close to me for access to bits I need during the day?

OK thanks all, happy to park wherever, mines just the van with pop-top, no awning or tent etc.

I will be coming with my partners younger brother who is 16. He will be sleeping in the two man tent and I will be sleeping in my bus. As last year I will have my small beach tent to put my gubbins in. Food, suitcase, alcohol and coffee/breakfast making bits and pieces. The tent can happily go in tenting area but am I allowed to have my beach tent close to me for access to bits I need during the day?

You could keep your beach tent inside one of the party marquees which is where the social area will be...

You could keep your beach tent inside one of the party marquees which is where the social area will be...
Sounds ideal. I can't walk very far because of a medical condition. Last year I walked around the showground and had to stop 3 times just to stop leg from giving me hell. Gone are the days when I used to do 3 rounds of 18 hole golf in a day... lol. Don't mind beach tent being used for club stuff/food storage if needed. Thanks

We'll do everything we can to accommodate everyone's needs :)

You can please most people but never everyone. I'm pretty easy going so no worries here.

E51 Pop Top. Camping please with tent as it is smaller than awning.
Will endeavour to have clean van, if not any volunteers

So basically... If you have a tent or awning you have to park up at the quiet camping zone on the other side?

Or is there a plot just for people with awnings an tents? Close to the plot with no tents and awnings? X

No, our allocated space (quite large) will have everybody on but it will be set up in a way as to keep the tents and such to one side and the vans to the other... Vans with tents will kind of be in the middle lol.

Quiet camping is a totally different plot on the other side of the site which anyone is welcome to use.

Ah right so basically vans with awnings at the back, tents in the middle an show vans with nothing in at the front? As I assume show vans are ones that no one are sleeping in?

Tents at the back, then vans with awnings and then vans alone :)

Somewhere in that lot we'll have the 3 party marquees and social area...

Various plans are being drawn up for the layout hence this post to get an idea of who will be in what :)

In the end we will make sure everyone is integrated and itll be a nice community spirit :)

I'll be sleeping in my van but won't have any tents or awnings (although I maybe tempted to bring the awning yet...) so ill be in the van only section...

A possible layout that was thrown together last night to give an example... received_216151139077533.png

We don't have exact plot dimensions yet so it's guess work at the moment from previous years... :)

Ah okie dokie :) we will be bringing our awning anyways :) x

I'm tempted to bring mine now :)

I would. As the good thing about an awning you can just use it as a tent if needed haha least you have it with you anyways even if you don't use it. X

The way things are going with me I'll probably sling a tarp from the motorcycle and kip under that! :p Anyone getting rid of a tipi tent?

Just bought a new tent so will be sleeping in that. Might even bring some tent pegs this year o_O

Van can go anywhere.

Good luck with the planning! I would say, from the last 3 years, the tents always take up a lot more space than you think they will...

Just bought a new tent so will be sleeping in that. Might even bring some tent pegs this year o_O

Van can go anywhere.

Good luck with the planning! I would say, from the last 3 years, the tents always take up a lot more space than you think they will...
Done the no tent pegs thing and the no inner tent thing,just poles and a fly sheet(slept in the alfa gtv:poop::poop:

So can we put our driveaway awning at the back, use it as a tent and leave the bus on the stand? If we are in the quiet camping area we would be packing most of our stuff into the back of the van anyway as I would not trust it all in the awning where anyone could walk in and take it.

Back