• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAE 2016 - 8th to 11th September - Newark Show Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
OK, so the last thread fizzled out and was an early planning thread. It's time to get serious now.

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT ABOUT JAE

Tickets as per the site are £45 each. If you want to be on the Club Stand, the cost will be £50 each. The extra £5 goes towards the cost of the actual plot. This year the price is the same regardless of whether you join on the Thursday or the Friday.

Day tickets are available directly from the JAE website, but having a day ticket means you won't get your Elgrand on the stand.

We need to have at least 28 Elgrand's on the stand.

Caravans are allowed and will be parked on the club stand, so space is limited. The plot will be split between the vehicles, the living area, and the camping area. I'll do a layout design as we get closer to the event and we know how many people are coming.

To keep it simple, JAE is a massive car show with thousands of Japanese cars on show from hundreds of clubs. The event is huge with plenty to do for all the family. Dogs are allowed but must be kept on a lead and poo must be picked up. Same goes for kids (rofl). Please note there is a firework display on Saturday night, so dogs and children that might find this distressing might want to be taken out for the evening (the site is free to come and go as long as you have a wrist band.

JAE is a chance for us all to get together, relax, have a few drinks and enjoy good food with good company. There will be a marquee, seats, a BBQ, music, and everything you need to enjoy a long weekend away.

Please support the club, the show and the Japanese car scene by coming along.

There are NO restrictions on who attends. To come to the show you just need a Japanese car. To be on the ElgrandOC stand, you need an Elgrand. It doesn't need to be "show car" quality. It doesn't need to be fancy. It doesn't need to be modified. It doesn't need to be "as new". Being clean is preferred, and if it's not, I'll probably clean it for you when it's on the stand.

I am going to need payment for tickets ASAP so that I know who is definitely coming. I am unsure of the deadline to buy tickets yet, but I will find out and add it to this thread when I know.

Children under 12 are free (2 per each paying adult). Each adult ticket is £50. Payment needs to go to karl@elgrandoc.uk. Please include your username in the payment details so I know who each payment relates to.
  1. Karl E50 - 1 adults - Thursday - PAID (P)
  2. Headless E50 - 1 adult - Thursday - PAID (P)
  3. Rapper E50 - 2 adults Thursday PAID
  4. Absolution E51 - 2 adult - Thursday - PAID
  5. simjoh E51 - 2 adults - Thursday - PAID (P)
  6. kevmo_g E51 - 1 adult - Thursday - PAID
  7. BMR - 2 adults E51 - Thursday - PAID (P)
  8. LittleG E51 - 1 adult - Thursday - PAID (P)
  9. mikeb4x4 E51 - 1 adult - Thursday - PAID (P)
  10. sean_h E51 - 2 adults - Thursday - PAID
  11. Del E51 - 2 adults - Friday - PAID
  12. RobP E50 - 2 adults, 2 Kids - Friday - PAID (P)
  13. Clocky280 E50 - 1 adult - Thursday - PAID (P)
  14. Oldboybob E50 - 1 adult - Friday PAID
  15. Blingo E51 - 1 adult 1 child - Friday - PAID (P)
  16. Davegrand E50 - 2 adults - Thursday - PAID (P)
  17. Pauloz - 1 Adult Thursday - PAID
  18. Roamin - 1 Adult Thursday - PAID (P)
  19. edduk E50 - 2 Adult - Thursday - PAID
  20. Arctic Fox E51 - 1 Adult - Thursday - PAID
  21. Ian E51 - 2 Adults - Friday - PAID (P)
  22. Fresh&Minty - 1 adult - Thursday - PAID (P)
  23. Eddiebaby01 - 2 adults - Friday - PAID
  24. George Dredd - 2 adults - Thursday - PAID (P)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did reply on the last thread but you must have missed it, yeah I'll be back... one adult and 1 child on Friday

Thanks for putting me on the list Karl.

Is it £50 for Friday onwards too?

Yes mate. They only have one rate this year, not two rates like last year. Probably because most people turned up on the Friday.

All being well me & Mrs Tigers 26 .can you find out about the camping please Karl.will be bringing the tent,it's not overly small either :eek:,along with an electric hook up point(s).willng to pay for this if required....ta mate :nerd::nerd:

1. Do we have someone bringing a large BBQ like last year?
2. How many bags of wood and charcoal should we each bring towards the BBQ?
3. Can we have electric hook up and if so how many power points will this give us and what will be the additional cost?
4. Will we have the use of the two gazebos like last year?
5. Do we need any club stationary/merchandise organised prior to the show?
6. Can we have a plan of our pitches, so we can organise some kind of location plan to show off our Elgrands as 20/30 vans will take up a lot of room and would be nice to have them placed in such a way to show them all off to their best

1. I can bring my barrel BBQ again which was more than enough last year with room to spare, so I imagine the one will be enough. Saying that, if someone wants to bring another large BBQ it can't do any harm.

2. We got through a lot of wood last year, not so much charcoal. I'll do a count of what I have left over from last year to see what I can bring. I would say 2 bags of each per person should more than suffice. Plus if we run out, we can do a run out again to get more if needs be.

3. Power is available, but is not cheap. £115.50 for a single 13 amp socket. £148.50 for a twin 13 amp socket. £192.49 for a 16amp Ceeform socket, or £291.49 for a 32 amp Ceeform. Click HERE for price list. So, for the most expensive option, assuming 28 Elgrand's, that's £10.41 each to cover the cost. With the Ceeform sockets, do you get an adapter to run to a standard power outlet?

4. The Gazeebo's were provided by Headless and Clocky last year. I'm pretty sure we can get a couple of Gazeebo's together, but I would prefer to buy one big club one. I'll look into costs and options.

5. Club merch would be good, admins can discuss this prior to the show to see what we want to get. Maybe some properly printed club flyers would be a good idea? And also pens and cheap keyrings as a give away for anyone who comes looking? Also, I think I'd like to get something as a small momento for all the members who come along.

6. Yes, I knocked up a plot layout last year, but it was fairly last minute. Until I can confirm numbers, I can't do this. I am hoping to have a similar layout to last year, but 4 rows rather than 2 rows. Would also be good to get some lighting to go up around the vans to add a bit of flare and professionalism to the stand.

7. WE NEED COSTUMES :D

My gazeebo is busted so not avalible this year sorry.karl will send payment later
No Worries mate. We'll sort something out.

@clocky280 & @headless, what size were your Gazebo's last year? I'm looking to buy one or two for the club and need to know what size to look for and what budget I have to work to.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so ideally we'd want to 2 6x3m gazebos for a bigger group. I'll see if I can afford it with the club funds.

OK, so ideally we'd want to 2 6x3m gazebos for a bigger group. I'll see if I can afford it with the club funds.
I'm happy to chip in with some additional funds to help procure some, just letlet know how much is needed and I'll check my piggy bank.

I paid on Saturday (or at least I hope I did). Let me know if you didn't receive it!

If funds are short for club kit I might also be able to chip in for any extras...

On another entirely selfish note, I too would like to see some sort of layout plan... being one of the few turning up on Friday, would like to make sure there will be somewhere to camp / park!

Cheers

Simon

I paid on Saturday (or at least I hope I did). Let me know if you didn't receive it!

If funds are short for club kit I might also be able to chip in for any extras...

On another entirely selfish note, I too would like to see some sort of layout plan... being one of the few turning up on Friday, would like to make sure there will be somewhere to camp / park!

Cheers

Simon
I'm there Thursday so will make sure there's space for you but as Karl's booked 4 plots I don't see there being any problem with space

We are bringing the 2 berth caravan again this year but we have to put it to the back of the club stand as where we put it last year will be taken up by a fun fair. Now youll all get to listen to Sue snoring all night long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back