• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAE 13th-16th August 2020 **CANCELLED**

Thanks for the detailed info @Karl.

I'm hoping we can at least get around 10 for a plot, 3 vans might look a bit sparse o_O.

Last edited:
Newport JDM have accepted me into their FB group... and are going to JAE. I could ask if they would be willing/have space for 4 Ellies on their plot?

Newport JDM have accepted me into their FB group... and are going to JAE. I could ask if they would be willing/have space for 4 Ellies on their plot?
Lets give it a bit of time and see who else wants to come first.

Bit far for you @Karlos or do you fancy it, its about 45 mins from mine?

Not likely for me I'm afraid. It's busy season for people having time off work then and I prefer to let the ones with kids have holidays in the school break.

Bump

I know it’s a fair way off but would like to see some interest and get a few more attending so we can book a club stand.

For anyone round East of England there won’t be any similar shows that are as local.

If you haven’t been to show before there’s no need to be shy, it’ll be a relaxed event and a good chance to compare Elgrands and share tips.

Bump

I know it’s a fair way off but would like to see some interest and get a few more attending so we can book a club stand.

For anyone round East of England there won’t be any similar shows that are as local.

If you haven’t been to show before there’s no need to be shy, it’ll be a relaxed event and a good chance to compare Elgrands and share tips.
Can't give anymore than a maybe :)

Would really like to go to another one but am in the annual "I should just get rid of it" phase and not sure about holiday commitments. I could speak to my wife about the latter but that involves the former too and I'd rather not think about it!

Can't give anymore than a maybe :)

Would really like to go to another one but am in the annual "I should just get rid of it" phase and not sure about holiday commitments. I could speak to my wife about the latter but that involves the former too and I'd rather not think about it!
A maybe is better than a no. Shame to get rid of the van, how about use it a bit more and do a few shows :)

JAE website just noticed if you get a ticket you get a free ticket to give to a key worker.
Covid information here:

I haven't been asking members to attend as still not known whether it will go ahead, I'm really hoping that it will and that we have members turning out for it especially owing to the lack of shows and events this year.

What's really good if you have already booked I have, you still get sent a free ticket. I will be going as long as I feel safe to do so. If I don't go I will donate both tickets to the forum. If that's OK with Karl he can take bids on tickets for forum funds or beers for admin team.

Last edited:
Sorry folks just seen on fb that they've had to cancel this year's show.Screenshot_20200717-214539.pngScreenshot_20200717-214600.pngScreenshot_20200717-214629.png

Thanks for posting @Reverend RobP, I've just been occasionally checking the JAE website. Thats off the list then.

@Lisa-Marie - can you please update the thread title to add CANCELLED.
Thanks

Thanks for posting @Reverend RobP, I've just been occasionally checking the JAE website. Thats off the list then.

@Lisa-Marie - can you please update the thread title to add CANCELLED.
Thanks
Think they are sending emails out to anyone who's bought tickets to let them know. Not sure whether refunds or transfer will be offered. It's a shame, as some other events seem to getting the go ahead so thought this would too 🤷‍♂️

Think they are sending emails out to anyone who's bought tickets to let them know. Not sure whether refunds or transfer will be offered. It's a shame, as some other events seem to getting the go ahead so thought this would too 🤷‍♂️
Yes I was hoping it would but I guess its open to interpretation and depends a bit on the show ground too.
The Sunday clashes with the new interim Santa Pod meet so people may feel thats safer than weekend camping.
Their website has the same info about emails being sent regarding ticket options.

I'll update the thread title while I'm on here 👍🏼

Back