• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAE 13th-16th August 2020 **CANCELLED**

Lisa-Marie

Admin
Staff member
Wales
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Lisa-Marie
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
There’s been a few members asking recently if we’re going to JAE this year, Me & @Elementian cant go as it’s just too far for us to commute with everything else we have going on 🙈

so I just want to know if there’s any interest in actually organising something for members to go?
an obviously for someone then to help with organising as I won’t be able to attend.

If you’re interested in going or are actually already going please let me know :)

We would be interested in going.

Norfolk showground - NR5 0TT

Yes, I can go and help setup on Friday afternoon but may go home in the evening and then come back Saturday morning and then stay for packing up on the Sunday.

Yes, I can go and help setup on Friday afternoon but may go home in the evening and then come back Saturday morning and then stay for packing up on the Sunday.
I’d be willing to help out 🙂

Confirmed attendees:
  1. @Lize
  2. @Himiko
  3. @Dave Marshall

May be:
  1. @blingo

Please reply to this thread if you are interested in going as soon as possible so that we know what we may or may not need to organise. At this stage we can aim to camp together, if there are enough attendees then I can look into booking us a plot.

I don't know whether JAE will be as good a show as previous years but its a chance for Elgrand owners to get together and have a good time.

All weekend tickets are currently reduced to £35 on an early bird offer, otherwise prices go up depending on what days you want to go.
Buy your own tickets here:

There are a few rules as can be expected, in summary: pets are allowed, no glass on site, BBQs are OK but no open fires.

Last edited:
Looking at JAE website it seems if we can book a club plot can get EHU for £15 extra each

Looking at JAE website it seems if we can book a club plot can get EHU for £15 extra each
Where did you see that? Its advertised as plots either £45 or £30 with electric hookup an additional £112.
Lets see what interest we get.

I paid £35 but jae website says 15 extra for ehu cheers

Just spoken to one of the directors. If we get 30 Ellies, and book a plot, we can have the ehu for free.

Just gonna add a few pointers into your planning. As far as I'm aware...
Your ticket (£35) will get you access to the show, and camping for the event. But you will be in the general camping section. If you want to camp in the show area you will need to buy a club plot (1 or more depending on numbers) with or without the additional electric hook up charge. As I read it from the website. Plots are 30 or 45 premium. Plus another 112 or 150 for the elec cabling.
So these prices will need dividing up and sharing out between attendees.

Plan is to see how many are going and if not many we'll aim to get camped together in the general section. If there is enough booking tickets then we can look to book a plot. If a plot and people want then we could look at electrics but I'm tending to think we could manage without as I can bring a site radio and battery lighting or power some off my camper.

If we get 30 vans and book a plot we'll get free electric. (just for Elgrands). (Doubtful we'll get 30 to go though. I'll be happy with 2 or more as long as we can group together. 😊) ... Plus if all the Early bird tickets are gone we have an avenue open to negotiate.....

Some guidance for those wanting to attend, and a little steering for the organisers.

A plot takes 12 cars plus camping. So if you get 30 cars, you'll need 3 plots to ensure everyone fits. These are the guidelines from 2018!!! You will need to speak to the show organisers to see if this is still the case. I cannot see them making the plots smaller, but you never know.

But If you get UP to 12 cars, one plot should be fine and you can divide the cost between you all. The cost of the plot depends how close to the action you want to be. What is marked as premium slots are the ones that will get the most "public" traffic on Saturday when open to day visitors. They are also the closest plots to the entertainment etc, and they have mentioned about all day music/films. So take that into consideration when buying the plot. It's always great to be in the thick of the action and getting the public to view the club stand, but for those who want a quieter weekend, the cheaper plots may be worth while. You can always book one of the cheaper plots next to the premium plots so you get the best of both rather than being stuck at the edge.

The EHU fee is from the venue, not the organisers. In all honesty, it's one of the cheaper EHU offers I've seen... I'm sure the last JAE we attended was over £300 for the 32amp hookup for 3 days.

With the EHU - you will need an adapter from the looks of it. Standard campsite adapters are 16amp, so if you go for the 32amp you'll need an industrial connector (read on regarding this). We had this surprise at our last JAE and nowhere local sold them. Luckily we had a couple of members who knew what they were doing and actually made the adapters so we could use the hookup point. If you get enough attendees and you go for the 32amp hookup, let me know and I'll send the lead organiser one of the adapters we have pre-made as they are only sitting there collecting dust. This should help alleviate any issues on set up day. The thorn in this plan is if they provide you with 2x 16a connections, so you'll need 2x 16a adapters, of which I don't have. Maybe if it gets to this point a message to the organisers to find out what you need would be prudent.

Our first JAE all those years ago (2015?)… we had 12 people attend. And it was an amazing weekend. It was also our first major show and we won an award for best club stand. It's not the quantity of people you have, it's the quality. Remember it IS a car show! Not a camping weekend. So you will want to think about a club plot layout in order to display your cars for other show goers and the public. You will also get "clean car envy" if you've not prepared your own car. So allow a decent cleaning session before the show and take some items with you to clean once you are parked up. Ensure that camping and cars are kept separate during the day, which is more important for those using awnings.

JAE is a "come as you like" show for the weekend attendees... so you can drive off/on site as you please. Remember to do this SOBER and stick to the site speed limits. Also drive with your hazards on until you leave the showground so that people know you are on the move and to keep out of the way. You will be issued with a wristband on arrival which is what allows you to get back onto the site if you do leave. So don't damage it, tamper with it, or lose it.

On the cost side, say you get 12 people to attend... the fee per person will be:

£35 for your ticket
£2.50 each for the normal plots or £3.75 each for premium plots
£9.33 each for the 16a EHU or £12.50 each for the 32a EHU

You will also need to ensure you have food for the weekend. There are food stalls etc available at the show, but they are usually pretty expensive. Okay for a one off, but to feed yourself off them for a full 4 days will get expensive.
Check out the safety guidelines on the JAE website, but BBQ's are allowed as long as they are off the floor. If you want to use disposable BBQ's you will need a stand for them. Alternatively, if anyone has a BBQ they want to take to use as a communal cooking point (which is what we do when we organise official EOC events) then each person either chips in for the gas/charcoal supply to keep it going, and the owner of the BBQ gets to take home any left overs.

If you to take a BBQ you will need a fridge to keep meat in unless you plan on going out each day to buy supplies. In the past we've always had a couple of beer fridges just for food. Another tip would be to buy an inflatable pool, stick ice in it and put all yours beers in there to keep them cool. Leaves the fridge free for food :)

There is an alcohol limit on entry to the event. Check the JAE website. Now they cannot in all honesty police this as you can come and go as you please. So although one 70cl bottle of spirit / 1 crate of beet / 3 litres of wine are the limits... you can go out each day and acquire the same amount of alcohol. Just bear this in mind and don't turn up with stacked crates in the back of your van on day 1 else you may be turned away. This is also in place to try and prevent attendees from over-drinking and becoming a problem. But as Elgrand owners we know how to handle our drink and behave responsibly.

I think that's pretty much everything covered. It looks as though dogs are allowed on site, but must be kept on a leash. At previous events when dogs have been allowed, excessive barking (especially at night) can lead you to be removed from the show. There is a bug firework display on Saturday night, so ensure your dogs are kept safe if fireworks bother them. Maybe put them in your Elgrand with some music on to mask the explosions.

If anyone needs any help with organising or wants to know how we've arranged things previously, don't hesitate to ask.

Some guidance for those wanting to attend, and a little steering for the organisers.

A plot takes 12 cars plus camping. So if you get 30 cars, you'll need 3 plots to ensure everyone fits. These are the guidelines from 2018!!! You will need to speak to the show organisers to see if this is still the case. I cannot see them making the plots smaller, but you never know.

But If you get UP to 12 cars, one plot should be fine and you can divide the cost between you all. The cost of the plot depends how close to the action you want to be. What is marked as premium slots are the ones that will get the most "public" traffic on Saturday when open to day visitors. They are also the closest plots to the entertainment etc, and they have mentioned about all day music/films. So take that into consideration when buying the plot. It's always great to be in the thick of the action and getting the public to view the club stand, but for those who want a quieter weekend, the cheaper plots may be worth while. You can always book one of the cheaper plots next to the premium plots so you get the best of both rather than being stuck at the edge.

The EHU fee is from the venue, not the organisers. In all honesty, it's one of the cheaper EHU offers I've seen... I'm sure the last JAE we attended was over £300 for the 32amp hookup for 3 days.

With the EHU - you will need an adapter from the looks of it. Standard campsite adapters are 16amp, so if you go for the 32amp you'll need an industrial connector (read on regarding this). We had this surprise at our last JAE and nowhere local sold them. Luckily we had a couple of members who knew what they were doing and actually made the adapters so we could use the hookup point. If you get enough attendees and you go for the 32amp hookup, let me know and I'll send the lead organiser one of the adapters we have pre-made as they are only sitting there collecting dust. This should help alleviate any issues on set up day. The thorn in this plan is if they provide you with 2x 16a connections, so you'll need 2x 16a adapters, of which I don't have. Maybe if it gets to this point a message to the organisers to find out what you need would be prudent.

Our first JAE all those years ago (2015?)… we had 12 people attend. And it was an amazing weekend. It was also our first major show and we won an award for best club stand. It's not the quantity of people you have, it's the quality. Remember it IS a car show! Not a camping weekend. So you will want to think about a club plot layout in order to display your cars for other show goers and the public. You will also get "clean car envy" if you've not prepared your own car. So allow a decent cleaning session before the show and take some items with you to clean once you are parked up. Ensure that camping and cars are kept separate during the day, which is more important for those using awnings.

JAE is a "come as you like" show for the weekend attendees... so you can drive off/on site as you please. Remember to do this SOBER and stick to the site speed limits. Also drive with your hazards on until you leave the showground so that people know you are on the move and to keep out of the way. You will be issued with a wristband on arrival which is what allows you to get back onto the site if you do leave. So don't damage it, tamper with it, or lose it.

On the cost side, say you get 12 people to attend... the fee per person will be:

£35 for your ticket
£2.50 each for the normal plots or £3.75 each for premium plots
£9.33 each for the 16a EHU or £12.50 each for the 32a EHU

You will also need to ensure you have food for the weekend. There are food stalls etc available at the show, but they are usually pretty expensive. Okay for a one off, but to feed yourself off them for a full 4 days will get expensive.
Check out the safety guidelines on the JAE website, but BBQ's are allowed as long as they are off the floor. If you want to use disposable BBQ's you will need a stand for them. Alternatively, if anyone has a BBQ they want to take to use as a communal cooking point (which is what we do when we organise official EOC events) then each person either chips in for the gas/charcoal supply to keep it going, and the owner of the BBQ gets to take home any left overs.

If you to take a BBQ you will need a fridge to keep meat in unless you plan on going out each day to buy supplies. In the past we've always had a couple of beer fridges just for food. Another tip would be to buy an inflatable pool, stick ice in it and put all yours beers in there to keep them cool. Leaves the fridge free for food :)

There is an alcohol limit on entry to the event. Check the JAE website. Now they cannot in all honesty police this as you can come and go as you please. So although one 70cl bottle of spirit / 1 crate of beet / 3 litres of wine are the limits... you can go out each day and acquire the same amount of alcohol. Just bear this in mind and don't turn up with stacked crates in the back of your van on day 1 else you may be turned away. This is also in place to try and prevent attendees from over-drinking and becoming a problem. But as Elgrand owners we know how to handle our drink and behave responsibly.

I think that's pretty much everything covered. It looks as though dogs are allowed on site, but must be kept on a leash. At previous events when dogs have been allowed, excessive barking (especially at night) can lead you to be removed from the show. There is a bug firework display on Saturday night, so ensure your dogs are kept safe if fireworks bother them. Maybe put them in your Elgrand with some music on to mask the explosions.

If anyone needs any help with organising or wants to know how we've arranged things previously, don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks Karl. 👍

I just got an email from JAE organisers if you have already booked you can either park in general plot or club plot. Hope this helps.

I just got an email from JAE organisers if you have already booked you can either park in general plot or club plot. Hope this helps.

Only if a club plot has been purchased. You will need to buy one to be able to park on a club spot. Otherwise it's only general camping. (unless you join on someone else's club plot).

Sorry if I was not clear I meant if the club get enough to make a plot you can join them

I’d be willing to help out 🙂

Well done for stepping up Guys and I hope all those that attend have a cracking time.

For some, this might be their first car show, so I hope you all make the most of it and really enjoy yourselves :)

Back