• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Jacking points on E51

BarryLowe

Active Newbie
North West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
Info request... I am going to attempt a repair on my washer bottle tomoz.. is there a central front jacking point so I can place 2 axle stands?

Best places to jack/ support are where the arrows are.
Be aware the box section cross member between these points is only a fabrication and will buckle if you jack under this. The wishbones are similar.

Attachments

• front subframe.jpg
    front subframe.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 190
is there any way to jack the car up from the front (using a 5t trolly jack) so as to place 2 axel stands?

IIRC there is a point in the middle of the front subframe, but you need to remove all the under trays to access it.

had a old hardwood pallet, which I cut up, to give blocks of wood.
Got a low entry trolley jack ,block of wood (hard)
So you can lift it up on the front wishbones.
Front sub frame just behind radiator,two open holes, no tray to remove, block of wood (cut to size) axel stands.
All done without crawling under the van
I think the main point is to not have the foot brake on, so van can move not the jack, yes an wheel chock ( block of wood, brick) after all settled.
Or alternatively, on mine jack point center of van under the sill, but it lifts up the hole side and pulls the van over to the side so you kneed to be careful the jack ( block off wood) don't slide off.

If not taking wheels off, drive on caravan or motorhome leveler's

Hello 😀

Can I just confirm this is the correct point to jack up nearside front wheel (as I think is shown in the diagram).

53-D85-E72-E1-C1-4-A85-97-B1-E18555923591.jpg

I need to get the front wheel in the air and want to use the sill jack point for the axel stand…

I think I’m right…

Front sub frame just behind radiator,two open holes, no tray to remove, block of wood (cut to size) axel stands.

Last edited:
Half a year later: correct.
I hope you're still not standing outside by your van waiting for a reply.

Back