• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Isle Of Man TT

Steve Thompson

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
E51
I'll be camping on the pitch of Douglas rugby club in a couple of weeks time (so excited).
If anyone else is going over for the racing let me know.

I will be at some point, but not this year. My parents live over there (Laxey) so I always have a place to stay when I go :)

When is it, we go over in the summer holidays :)

@Pippa - would be nice to go over for the TT, but not with the kids... they'd not enjoy it, get bored, and then we'd end up not watching it haha

@Pippa - would be nice to go over for the TT, but not with the kids... they'd not enjoy it, get bored, and then we'd end up not watching it haha

I know yeah lol.

good luck getting a ferry across during racing week.....they tend to be booked up a year in advance ;)

good luck getting a ferry across during racing week.....they tend to be booked up a year in advance ;)
I know!
Luckily I done it last year.
£530 though!
Nightmare.
Captive audience I suppose.
Anyway the racing is free to watch when your over there.
Woop.

I've been a couple of times and it's a pilgrimage all bikers should make. If not a biker, or with only a passing interest - especially with family in tow, then there are better times of the year to go. I also feel taking a bike is an essential part of the trip as you'll be able to access parts of the circuit where parking a car would be impossible and who could resist riding a lap, or two, or ... (just be careful on Mad Sunday!)

Cheers,
John

I used to Marshal it for several years, Families used to do "Home stay" (might still do) for marshals, where they let their spare room to marshals and you ate with the family etc. Stayed with a family in Laxey Karl, on the RH side as you went up towards the wheel if I remember correctly. My favorite spot to marshal was at the Goosekneck, we had our own little 'bungalow' so it didn't matter what the weather did.

Back