• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Insuring your Elgrand

No. Makes no difference.

Aviva worked out best for us, 2 cars, 1 driver and 1 NCB £660 including multi car discount, couldn't do online as reg wasn't registered yet, so no £60 cashback through Quidco 😕

Was that for a vin insurance?

Do we get a better quote if we wait till reg no comes through??

They can't be assed to look properly is my guess. Get an online quote from one of the big guns but put it down as a 2002 model/03 model because their database only has Elgrands listed on their database up to 2003.

Get a few different ones so you've got an idea of costs in your area then ring a few with the knowledge you've got because they are taking the p*ss ;)

A few people have mentioned markrichards (I think) recently too

According to the meerkat, LV are the cheapest at the moment too.

As Phil has said a lot of the telephonists can't be arsed to look. I'm with Directline and with my previous I insured off the vin to get it from port so this time did it with them again only to be told " we don't insure off the vin" ....
errr...I think you do, can you just go check with your supervisor?
"Hello Sir, sorry it's my first time, what is your vin number?"

2007 rider 3.5
today I spoke to;
green light £650..their schemes only look at prefix of postcode, ie AB12 which lumps you in with any bad areas. don't look at last part 3CD!
Adrian flux £750
LV wont cover newer than 2004
Jap Cover £440
Direct Line £410
now ringing my existing insurer for 2nd car; Adrian flux back with JC quote..

Reactions: MDJ
2007 rider 3.5
today I spoke to;
green light £650..their schemes only look at prefix of postcode, ie AB12 which lumps you in with any bad areas. don't look at last part 3CD!
Adrian flux £750
LV wont cover newer than 2004
Jap Cover £440
Direct Line £410
now ringing my existing insurer for 2nd car; Adrian flux back with JC quote..
Well...
Adrian Flux just lost a customer and wont be getting the renewal for 2nd car.
told me only 1 comp were quoting and wont attempt a price match!
Kept saying dumb things like "well you want business use" "its an import" ffs... same car as the other 5 quotes for 300 less..

I tried Adrian flux very pushy and £300 more than Jap cover.

Hi, I got a quote thru confused.com - only quote upto 2003 so contacted Admiral who were cheapest, explained mine was 2004 and after going away to speak to supervisor came back with a price £15 higher than original quote, so it cost me £318.00. This covers me, the wife & my 2 daughters as named drivers fully comp with protected no claims. I thought this was a high price but seeing some of the prices you guys are getting it don't look as though it was so bad after all.

Hi, I got a quote thru confused.com - only quote upto 2003 so contacted Admiral who were cheapest, explained mine was 2004 and after going away to speak to supervisor came back with a price £15 higher than original quote, so it cost me £318.00. This covers me, the wife & my 2 daughters as named drivers fully comp with protected no claims. I thought this was a high price but seeing some of the prices you guys are getting it don't look as though it was so bad after all.

I think it's the norm & damn good for the amount of drivers on the policy. Anything under £400 for 2 drivers ain't bad. I was paying the same for a rusty old merc ml which was a total bag of boll**ks :(

I forgot to say, Adrian flux original quote was over 900 quid. but they "owed me" £150 from previous policy
I suggested that perhaps the colleague had in put some info incorrectly and can we do the quote again.
They refused and insisted their insurer wouldn't move.

Got to wonder how these firms stay in business when they give ridiculous quotes and terrible customer service, don't suppose they asked you for your feedback on their service (not that they take any notice)

ElgrandOC has an insurance partner with Greenlight Insurance. These have given a lot of our members some exceptionally low quotes over the last year and you get 15% off with them just for being a member of EOC. Try them first, see what they say!

Greenlight just gave a good quote, impressed, thanks for the club recommendation. Also happy that they know all about decatting and said "yep, totally legal (for certain cars/circumstances and a Japanese import is included in that), no problem to add as a modification at any time on policy for free..."

I've always wondered if the insurance is high on these due to them being an 8 seater !?!
Would taking a row of seats out bring the price down ? Or maybe a camper conversion ?

Thanks Stevie for your input. I got insurance for the wife and me with General Accident. Seemed reasonable at £430, but the cover to include my two sons-in-law as named drivers would have been much more expensive. They don't have the facility to add temporary drivers. Phoned Greenlight to be told that they don't provide policies for more than two drivers for a particular vehicle. Will certainly give Admiral a try.

Back