• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Insuring your Elgrand

I have had a LV multicar policy for the last 5 years now which covered 3 cars including my Elgrand,,

The other 2 cars are group 50 for insurance both being quite powerful V8's.

One of these is my wife's daily driver and is covered for twice the miles than the Elgrand and the other although being covered for less miles than the Elgrand has nearly 600 BHP

On renewal the cost has gone up from £631 to £924 for all 3 with the Elgrand being £363, the highest cost of the 3. (up from being the cheapest 3 years ago and being the 2nd highest last year).

To me it seems that LV do not want to insure the Elgrand which ties in with what others have said and although they have offered to renew are pricing themselfes out

I have now insured the Elgrand on a like for like basis with Admiral for £251 and left the other 2 with LV for £561 ((they gave me a bit of discount) making a total of £812.

It was cheaper to do it this way as a multi-car policy for all 3 cars with Admiral was nearly £300 more.

Still an increase of £181 on last year but still cheaper than leaving all 3 with LV

Reactions: guf
Think I made a mistake Ive just Paid admiral £700.00
Location can be a factor too, as well as everything else like age and mileage.

To me it seems that LV do not want to insure the Elgrand which ties in with what others have said and although they have offered to renew are pricing themselfes out
Probably true. They only insure imports now if, like in your case, you've already got an ongoing policy. They don't do them anymore for people wanting to insure them for the first time/new policy.

Location can be a factor too, as well as everything else like age and mileage.
That;s the key phrase. As well as everything else they play on to rationalise prices increases. If it's not one thing, it'll be seven others.

hi guys just had to switch from darwin they would not cover me for a second year so now with churchill costing approx 380 per annum

hi guys just had to switch from darwin they would not cover me for a second year so now with churchill costing approx 380 per annum
Did they give you a discount for being a Sheffield Wednesday fan? Supreme intelligence etc etc

Rotherham United me mate through thick n thin
i think you can get straight back up mate tbh good manager he did it before with yourselvelves why not sgain ? good luck next season mate

thanks we always seem to be on the edge of success's

Back