• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CLUB COMMUNICATION - PLEASE READ IF YOU WANT TO OPT IN/OUT - GDPR

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
I was having a discussion at the weekend with some of the members who attended Jap Show.
Although the event had been organised on the forum since October 2018, there are some members who only pop onto the forum occasionally, just to see what's going on and will not check through every section to see what is going on. So, to ensure that they were kept up to date with the goings on in the club, they asked if we could send out emails to everyone with updates as to what events we are attending, what meets have been organised, and anything else that they might want to get involved with.

The forum comes with the ability to be able to MASS EMAIL members. This means we can send out an email to everyone letting them know that certain events are coming up and that certain things are happening, especially when we are looking for member feedback regarding whatever is going on.

We are now going to start using this feature more often to ensure that members are not missing out on events or finding out when it's too late. This should help to ensure that members who do want to be involved with events and want to keep up to date with the forum, have the opportunity to do so without checking into the forum daily and searching for important threads themselves.

The instructions below are how to TURN OFF EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS, but if you are NOT GETTING THEM and you WANT to get them, you can follow these and just ensure that the boxes are ticked rather than unticked.

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PREFERENCES TO STOP RECEIVING EMAILS

Click on your username in the navigation bar

Click on Preferences

Check the settings under the "Email options" section.

If you untick the top box "Receive news and update emails" you will NOT RECEIVE any mass emails sent out from the forum. This means that you are likely to miss out on anything we think members want to hear about, but if you are only within the club to get answers to your questions and don't want to join in with the social side and don't want to know about club updates, then this is the option for you. No one can see what you have selected in your preferences, so it is 100% your choice as to what you want to do. This option will also prevent you from getting emails about members replying to watched threads etc, it pretty much cuts out all of the emails you'll receive except for the below:

If you untick the bottom box "Receive email when a new conservation message is received" then you will not get an email if someone starts a private conversation with you on the forum. This second option will still allow you to receive mass emails sent from the forum, unless you have unticked that box as well.

So if you don't want to receive ANY emails from the board, untick BOTH boxes.

The final and most important step here to make sure you hit SAVE once you have updated your preferences. You'll find the button at the bottom of your screen.

HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM EMAILS AFTER ALREADY RECEIVING AN EMAIL

If you are at the point of already receiving an email, it will look something like this (but with different content)

Please note the link in the email to Unsubscribe. All you need to do is press the link. This will divert you straight to the forum and give you 2 options,

Unsubscribing from emails will remove you from the mailing list so that you do not receive any mass email communications sent out from the forum.
Stopping all emails will turn off 100% of all email notifications you get from the forum.

Last edited:
For me it would have been better if a member wanted to opt in to get e mails about everything going on ,then them opt in , I’m on the forum enough to see exactly what I want to see ,mad thing I saw jap show advertised loads of times on the forum and on Facebook

For me it would have been better if a member wanted to opt in to get e mails about everything going on ,then them opt in , I’m on the forum enough to see exactly what I want to see ,mad thing I saw jap show advertised loads of times on the forum and on Facebook

Yeah, but you're on the forum a lot mate, so you will see it when it gets commented on. Those who don't frequent Forum or Facebook often will miss it.

As for opting in/out of club communication, there is a check box when you register to be able to do this. It's ticked as default as we assume that people joining the club want to hear from us. Also MOST people signing WILL want to. The minority of people that don't want the communication have the option at that point to turn them off.

From an admin point of view, it's much better to have people included by default and then have them remove themselves, than add no one at all and ask them to do it themselves. It's just a general rule of thumb that more people are likely to manually OPT OUT of something they don't want than to OPT IN to something they do want.

I was having a discussion at the weekend with some of the members who attended Jap Show.
Although the event had been organised on the forum since October 2018, there are some members who only pop onto the forum occasionally, just to see what's going on and will not check through every section to see what is going on. So, to ensure that they were kept up to date with the goings on in the club, they asked if we could send out emails to everyone with updates as to what events we are attending, what meets have been organised, and anything else that they might want to get involved with.

The forum comes with the ability to be able to MASS EMAIL members. This means we can send out an email to everyone letting them know that certain events are coming up and that certain things are happening, especially when we are looking for member feedback regarding whatever is going on.

We are now going to start using this feature more often to ensure that members are not missing out on events or finding out when it's too late. This should help to ensure that members who do want to be involved with events and want to keep up to date with the forum, have the opportunity to do so without checking into the forum daily and searching for important threads themselves.

The instructions below are how to TURN OFF EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS, but if you are NOT GETTING THEM and you WANT to get them, you can follow these and just ensure that the boxes are ticked rather than unticked.

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PREFERENCES TO STOP RECEIVING EMAILS

Click on your username in the navigation bar
View attachment 19519

Click on Preferences
View attachment 19520

Check the settings under the "Email options" section.

View attachment 19521

If you untick the top box "Receive news and update emails" you will NOT RECEIVE any mass emails sent out from the forum. This means that you are likely to miss out on anything we think members want to hear about, but if you are only within the club to get answers to your questions and don't want to join in with the social side and don't want to know about club updates, then this is the option for you. No one can see what you have selected in your preferences, so it is 100% your choice as to what you want to do. This option will also prevent you from getting emails about members replying to watched threads etc, it pretty much cuts out all of the emails you'll receive except for the below:

If you untick the bottom box "Receive email when a new conservation message is received" then you will not get an email if someone starts a private conversation with you on the forum. This second option will still allow you to receive mass emails sent from the forum, unless you have unticked that box as well.

So if you don't want to receive ANY emails from the board, untick BOTH boxes.

The final and most important step here to make sure you hit SAVE once you have updated your preferences. You'll find the button at the bottom of your screen.

View attachment 19524

HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM EMAILS AFTER ALREADY RECEIVING AN EMAIL

If you are at the point of already receiving an email, it will look something like this (but with different content)

View attachment 19522

Please note the link in the email to Unsubscribe. All you need to do is press the link. This will divert you straight to the forum and give you 2 options,

View attachment 19523

Unsubscribing from emails will remove you from the mailing list so that you do not receive any mass email communications sent out from the forum.
Stopping all emails will turn off 100% of all email notifications you get from the forum.

I fully support this - thanks team!

I only joined the forum recently (after purchasing my first Elgrand) and only 'stumpled' on the events by chance and therefore an email would be better received. Maybe the 'email' could also be sent to all new members so they could 'catch-up'?

Email notifications are a good idea in my opinion as I've had such a busy year with the kids being assessed for autism that I've had little time to engage in the forum as much as I'd like to. Keep up the good work😃

Back