• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING BMR (Brian Willoughby)

Nice one Brian. Keep fighting it and hope you're home soon. 👍:)

Not being a regular on the forum, I've only just come across this thread.
I was shocked and saddened when I read Karl's news but I'm so pleased that Brian seems to be on the mend. In my dealings with him I've found him to be knowledgeable, very helpful, and mostly, just a lovely man.
I hope he and his wife are restored to full fitness asap.

Any update @Karl ?
Should be tucked up in his own bed soon hopefully
This was a posted by Brian himself on the facebook page 4 days ago.
He seems in good spirits but it looks like it'll be a long road to recovery.

Well what a couple of weeks, as some of you know I have been in hospital since 30th July. Whisked off by ambulance with pnumonia which caused sepsis poisoning my kidneys resulting in 48 hour on a kidney dialysis machine looking like a 1950s petrol pump, I have had the indignity of having a catheter fitted, had a blood transfusion, been on an antibiotic drip for 10 days plus they have found on the blood tests I have myeloma which has resulted on me having to endure chemotherapy oh plus had so many x-rays I now glow in the dark and spent over an hour like a pack of polo mints inside an MRI scanner today. Good news is towards the end of this week coming I should be out of hospital and being treated as an out patient.
But life style changes are going to have to come in. From now no heavy lifting, I have been advised not to drag racing (fat chance of me taking that advice). No mountain biking which I was also looking forward to getting back into and no stress.
It's no good asking when things will be back to normal with the Elgrand parts shop as at the moment we are still crunching figures to see if its worth me employing a member of staff to stack and pack items like brake discs, struts and coil overs along with finishing off my new expanded storage bay which is 90% finished. One thing is for sure and that is if I had left it any longer before calling the ambulance you might have all been attending a funeral by now.
Rest assured I will return in some capacity to help you all but it might just be a little slower than before.
Brian. BMR.

Back