• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

If you have a problem, talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
After a number of unpleasant conversations I've had this week, I'd just like to take some time to speak to you all about how to deal with any unwanted events or behaviour on the forum.
Now I guess this information doesn't exist only within this forum, but this can be used in pretty much all areas of your life.

If you are in an active thread on the forum and another member posts a comment that you take personally or in a bad light, don't sit on it.

If you do, and you worry that this person has it out for you, then you are going to start drawing similar conclusions from future posts that will then snowball. Ultimately this can result in you feeling victimised by someone based purely on conjecture.

Rather than sitting and brooding over it, speak to the person who made the comment. Ask them directly "as it aimed at me". If there is any issue there, then you have the opportunity at that point to clear the air and resolve the issue. Chances are though, it was not aimed at you, and a quick conversation will resolve any negative feelings you may be harbouring against your fellow member.

If you are not comfortable speaking to that person directly (ie because you are worried about their reaction, or you suffer with an anxiety problem) then please reach out to a member of the admin team. We are here as much to resolve conflict as we are to ensure members are posting in the right parts of the forum. Any one of the club staff team will more than happily mediate between two members and work to help resolve the issue before it becomes a bigger problem.

If you do nothing, negativity can stew over time and will eventually come to a point whereby there is no return.

Please. If you are under the impression that someone has it in for you, or you feel you are the recipient of some snide remarks, make it known. Nip it in the bud. Don't let it become such a problem that it affects how you interact with the forum and it's wider member base.

This forum is a place for all, and I want everyone to feel included. But I also want members to be able to post happily, without worry that they are causing problems.

This thread will be locked as it's more for information than discussion. If anyone wants to discuss this matter privately, feel free to message myself or any of the admin team.

EDIT: If your issue is with a member of the admin team, you can still take it up with another staff member. We do NOT have shared access to PM's so anything you say is confidential and will be treated as such. If you are to contact a member of the admin team, we will NOT disclose anything you say to any other member, or any other staff member without your prior consent to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back