• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

I forgot just how much difference the "power" button makes.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
E-Bucks
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Drove into work this morning with "power" mode engaged.
Forgot just how much nicer a vehicle it is to drive with it switched on. Gear changes are better, more responsive to throttle.

Think I need to work out how to permanently engage it and just remove the switch :joy:

Silverking

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Yorkshire
E-Bucks
First Name
Shaun
Elgrand
E51
Region
Yorkshire
Thought about this myself ...Power on permanent, Karl drives an E50
Any E51 owners who drive with power on full time , Thoughts & opinions please 😁.....

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
E-Bucks
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Thought about this myself ...Power on permanent, Karl drives an E50
Any E51 owners who drive with power on full time , Thoughts & opinions please 😁.....
The only difference between my E50 and your E51 will be the gearbox. I still have the same VQ35 engine, so I imagine the E51 would react very much the same way. Just be more responsive and improve driveability.

*Edit: Except the other major differences like the whole damn car :joy:

RobP

Club Rep - Yorkshire
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Yorkshire
E-Bucks
First Name
Rob
Elgrand
E50
Region
Yorkshire
I hit the power switch to play with a Scooby at the weekend. 😁😁
Now i aint kidding myself that i would win in a race! Cause that would never happen. But the guys face was a picture when I took off 😂😂

Tim C

Premium Member
E51 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
Tim
Elgrand
E51
I never turn Power off, I found if I do it catches me out as I expect it to drop 2 cogs every time I put my foot down and I nearly got smashed up on an overtake when it didn't! It's no fun in normal mode anyway! Luckily in an E51 it stays on all the time if you leave it on (well it does in mine?). I don't care about the petrol, I honestly believe we won't be allowed to drive polluting gas guzzlers like these for many more years so enjoying it while I can!

Stempy

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
E-Bucks
First Name
Andrew
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
If I want to give it the beans I generally flick it into manual mode, otherwise it stays in normal. Throttle controller is good though has a similar effect to response but without putting the gearbox in power mode.

Lize

Premium Member
E51 Owner
East Anglia
E-Bucks
First Name
Liz
Elgrand
E51
Region
East Anglia
Yes, noticed mine was off the other day and put it back on, does make for a much better drive and gear changing.

Luckily in an E51 it stays on all the time if you leave it on (well it does in mine?)
Yes so does mine.

Crazycraig

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Wales
E-Bucks
First Name
Craig
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
I have power mode constantly engaged. Yes fuel does go down quicker due to higher revs but I rather have the power to hand and a big smile on my face.
Plus other drivers are shocked by pull away at lights as I see them in my rear mirror 😁🤪😝

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
E-Bucks
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Luckily in an E51 it stays on all the time if you leave it on
Yeah, in the E50 it stays on all the time too. I honestly can't remember when or why I turned it off. In all honesty, I've probably knocked it when I've been cleaning and didn't think. Then the other day I remembered about it and switched it on haha.

Claptrap

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
E-Bucks
First Name
Robin
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
I drove home with the POWER button on most of the way from Wookey yesterday, and even popped it into Sport 9 (throttle controller) on 2 occasions to wipe the smile off a smug Range Rover drivers face

Attachments