• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Hi ace , nv350

malcolmyz85

Part of the furniture
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
Reaction score
First Name
malcolm
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Just back from hols where nearly all taxis were hi ace , nv 350 ,alphard and a few e51 , no e50 on road but a couple of scrap ones . Anyway the Hi aces and nv 350 seemed to be a very gd size for a day van/camping and getting access to tight roads . I can remember someone fitting one out on here ??? Does anyone have one and what is peoples veiws on size and mods , and where is best to look for them
Cheers

Think George will know his stuff

@george shacklady do you have any pics of your finished camper conversion please ??? Or links to threads , I’ve looked and can’t seemed to find them . Found some of start .how much bigger are they ??

I here are some photos of one i finished last year I laso have one at the docks in japan (seen in first photo) which as been there for 7 months waiting to be shipped but because of COVID and the high top can not get on a ship to the uk because all the ships are lowering there decks to get more cars on board
These are the photos, just a note to say they are great for camper conversions but more exspensive than a Elgrand or Alphard but a lot bigger in side, and this is only the short wheel base model.
BY THE WAY I AM DOING AN Elgrand 2.5 HIGHWAY STAR 2007 WITH 65000miles on AT THIS MOMENT IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED LET ME KNOW

Attachments

• IMG-20220401-WA0002 (2).jpg
    IMG-20220401-WA0002 (2).jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210311_134413305 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210311_134413305 (1).jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20200918-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20200918-WA0023.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210316_120842327 (2).jpg
    IMG_20210316_120842327 (2).jpg
    404 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210324_115830816 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210324_115830816 (1).jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210410_111417500.jpg
    IMG_20210410_111417500.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210409_143143702.jpg
    IMG_20210409_143143702.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I here are some photos of one i finished last year I laso have one at the docks in japan (seen in first photo) which as been there for 7 months waiting to be shipped but because of COVID and the high top can not get on a ship to the uk because all the ships are lowering there decks to get more cars on board
These are the photos, just a note to say they are great for camper conversions but more exspensive than a Elgrand or Alphard but a lot bigger in side, and this is only the short wheel base model.
BY THE WAY I AM DOING AN Elgrand 2.5 HIGHWAY STAR 2007 WITH 65000miles on AT THIS MOMENT IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED LET ME KNOW
Thanks for pics , is there much difference in sizes between short wheel base , mwb and lwb , can a 6ft bloke stand straight up or slightly bent . Where is best places to look for them in U.K. , guessing there will be a motor club somewhere
Cheers

THE LONG WHEEL IS A FAIR BIT LONGER BY ABOUT 3FT BUT IT IS NORMALY WIDER AS WELL AND NO YOU CAN NOT FULLY STAND UP YOU WOULD HAVE YOUR HEAD ON YOUR CHIN
YOU WILL FIND VERY LITTLE ON THESE VANS, THEY HAVE NOT BECOME POPULAR YET BUT LOOK AT THE SITE OF POPULAR MOTORS CAMPERVANS AND SEE WHAT THEY SELL FOR BUT THEY DO COST MORE THAN THE Elgrand OR ALPHARD
THE THING WITH THESE IS YOU CAN GET A 2.0 LT PETROL OR 2.7 PETROL OR 3.0LT DIESEL AND THE DIESEL IS ONE OF THE BEST ENGINES YOU CAN GET BUT VERY EXSPENSIVE IN JAPAN

This one was for sale in North Shields not long ago on ebay.

2008 Toyota Hi-Ace Super Custom Long Wide GL - camper - day van - promo vehicle
£21,500.00
1670441237921.png

Same one up for sale again but in Newquay and cheaper

Same one up for sale again but in Newquay and cheaper
Ouch , I knew there were more expensive than a Elgrand but not that much , might of just changed my mind in getting rid of my motorhome

More importantly where did you go on holiday and did you all have a great time?

Oh well, it has happened, they said it would.
Now I have clicked past middle forties not only am I invisible in real life but I am invisible on here too 😂

😟

who said that 🤣🤣🤣🤣 oh how can we ignore kermit 😉😉

More importantly where did you go on holiday and did you all have a great time?
Not invisible, I forgot to reply 🙈🙈Caribbean cruise , and it was ok but not as gd as expected, but 3rd time I’ve done it do maybe time for a change

Not invisible, I forgot to reply 🙈🙈Caribbean cruise , and it was ok but not as gd as expected, but 3rd time I’ve done it do maybe time for a change
Christ, how the other half live. Awesome. I've been to a few of the islands, Antigua was my fave.
Bugger, shame it wasn't as good as you were expecting it to be, I bet you'd been looking forward to it for quite a while too.
Start planning your next break away!

I used to like going on cruises but it lost the allure when they poisoned us. Wouldn't go on one now, too much disease.

Christ, how the other half live. Awesome. I've been to a few of the islands, Antigua was my fave.
Bugger, shame it wasn't as good as you were expecting it to be, I bet you'd been looking forward to it for quite a while too.
Start planning your next break away!
Aye Antigua is one of my favourites aswell , love all the islands , but don’t like cruising , espo sea days . I need to find a way to see islands by flying but in my budget . Maybe only 2 islands as to 10 on cruise

Aye Antigua is one of my favourites aswell , love all the islands , but don’t like cruising , espo sea days . I need to find a way to see islands by flying but in my budget . Maybe only 2 islands as to 10 on cruise
I remember queuing at check in coming home, talking to a woman about her holiday. She had not booked a package just booked the flights and then had found a private villa locally and booked that, it was years ago but I do remember it was bloody cheap in comparison to what we had paid. Worth a sniff when you are ready.

Back