• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South West Haynes Breakfast Club Meet (Sparkford, Somerset) - 5/5/19

Claptrap

Part of the furniture
South East
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
1553275609552.png

Following on from the uber successful meet at the 'Haynes International Motor Museum' Breakfast meet on 3rd March 2019, how about doing it all again at the same place on Sunday May 5th between 09.00 and 12.00.

25 Elgrands turned up in the rain on 3/3/19 and if the pesky weather had been kinder to us all, there could have been 35+, so let's keep our fingers crossed for some sunshine on the 5th May :)

Not quite sure on the 'Elgrand breakfast bap in a Van' side of things yet, let's see who is interested in coming along first and if anyone wants to offer their gourmet cooking services :)

Anyone & everyone is welcome :)

Going

1. @Garry - Yes
2. @Claptrap - Yes
3. @MikeG - Yes
4. @robert edwards - Yes
5. @kfgas - Yes :)
6. @Stempy - Maybe
7. @Somerset folk - Update: Sadly not able to make it now
8. @neilhowe1977 - Maybe
9. @Andy700 - Yes (I'm in, and wife and baby too maybe)
10. @chris wills - Yes
11. @dave g - Maybe
12. @Shakey - Yes
14. @Crazycraig - Yes (... but only If the electrics are working properly, fingers crossed)
15. ?

All those who were mentioned in the 3-3-19 thread, fancy coming? If so, I'll move your name as you show interest :)

@Chris Oliver. (Olly)
@Initial D
@Sandie
@L200_crew
@Jonp13
@red5 (cooking)
@Michal Wysocki
@MelHancock
@Dramanus
@jamiecoysh
@BIGFOOT
@KevT
@Philip Clark
@Ewok
John (friend of member)
@Pixelpoker
@Blister
@Killerring
Neil Scott in his cube
@Mark B
@Dai & Sally
@70Savvy
@Steve Thompson

Not available for this one :-(
@Winchester
@Daddyof4
@Celeste
@Mark Holden
@Elgrand Cymru
@Shore Campers
@AlanM

Apologies if I've missed you off the list, make a comment below and we'll add you to the list above

Image from 3/3/19 meet at Haynes ( Images borrowed from this thread )

1553274456082.png

Meeting point: Morrisons car park image below from 3/3/19 meet before we all convoyed in to Haynes

8am (or before) at Morrisons, Southgate Rd, Wincanton BA9 9RP - It is only 8 minutes from the Haynes Museum and has got plenty of parking spaces (and a fuel station lol)

Meet from 8am and leave at 08:30 at the latest to get there as gates open at 08:30

1553274293901.png

Last edited:
@Daddyof4 Feel free to add/amend anything above, cheers :)

Sorry, as suspected we are going out for a family lunch as it’s Mothering Sunday, so I won’t be able to make it.

Okay, no worries Adrian, thanks for the reply :)

Okay, no worries Adrian, thanks for the reply :)

Actually, just re-read the original post, it’s not Mother’s Day... thought you were talking about Portsmouth meet! Still can’t go, racing, sorry

Not a problem for me either, although it's probably one of the better days to be travelling on over that weekend :)

@Claptrap i have put it in the regional meets thread with a redirection from the chat page. Hopefully all those looking for meets will look here. I will also share the thread to facebook as i know you are not on there o_O:D

@Claptrap i have put it in the regional meets thread with a redirection from the chat page. Hopefully all those looking for meets will look here. I will also share the thread to facebook as i know you are not on there o_O:D

TA & TA!

Also i will be out on this 1, as if i am not working it is my wife's birthday, i will have to see you all at JDM Combe.

Hi Robin, had a chance to check with the wife and can you please move me from a possible to a definite.
Looking forward to meeting a few of you on the day although most likely wont have an Elgrand by then as have decided that import direct is the way to go as I have quite specific ideas on what spec Elgrand I want and more chance of getting it direct from Japan. Plus also hopefully better value.

Perfect, I'll update your status and look forward to meeting you :)

If you have any Elgrand questions about, ask away but I would certainly spend a bit of time going over the forum and accustomising yourself with what you're looking for, as the range varies on ride quality, looks and toys quite a lot on the Highway Star, Rider and X/XL versions :)

A possibility, but have a lot else going on around that time so will be a last minute decision.

Sorry we're away that weekend

Hopefully will be there again.Have swopped the Elgrand for a newer lower mileage series 3.which will be converted to camper in June.Will post pics before and after of our new beast from the east.

Back