• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South West Haynes Breakfast club 4/8/19

We are going to be camping overnight Saturday too. Maybe we can find find a suitable camp spot and get a social drink on Saturday @AlanM :cool:

Nice idea although I'm off the booze at the moment. Mind you, I can quaff coffee by the bucket load. Haven't booked a site yet but am likely to go for a camping and caravanning CS.

Nice idea although I'm off the booze at the moment. Mind you, I can quaff coffee by the bucket load. Haven't booked a site yet but am likely to go for a camping and caravanning CS.
Love a good cup of coffee. And trying not to drink too much myself :joy:
We're not members of camping and caravan clubs, would that mean we can't use the sites?

Love a good cup of coffee. And trying not to drink too much myself :joy:
We're not members of camping and caravan clubs, would that mean we can't use the sites?

D'you know, I'm not entirely sure. Both the The Camping and Caravanning Club and Caravan & Motorhome Club have a network of 'main sites' and small '5-units only' sites. the latter are definitely 'members only' but the main sites may take non-members - two possible ways to find out:
1 - give them a ring and ask of course
2 - use the website UKCampsite.co.uk to search for campsites in any particular area - they will list the above 'main sites' and some '5-unit only' sites plus campsites that have nothing to do with either organisation. When you view the site details, it tells you if membership is required.

Hi @Daddyof4 - just looked at the list of attendees which is nearing the 40 mark - GOOD JOB my friend! - so, can you add me to the list too please?

It'll be our first camping trip of the year - the weather looks fair so I'll be brave and give it a punt (I'm a wuss you see - normally only venture out in the camper. Hi Alan Wendy found a lovely looking camp site in Sparkford if that's any help
we are staying for 4days

Last edited:
I know I said I'd initially get the baps but looking at how many are coming now... I might need a hand sourcing enough for this event... but a great problem to have, lol

I know I said I'd initially get the baps but looking at how many are coming now... I might need a hand sourcing enough for this event... but a great problem to have, lol
i will do a food recruit and get some more takers in the lead up to it.

Yes they are the 1st sunday in the month, although i am going to make it an Elgrand quarterly i think, but nothing stopping others going if they fancy it.

Just thinking with nearly 40 going, there’s no way we’re all going to get round to seeing each other’s cars, plus the next quarterly one would be the start of June and that’s very near to JDM Castle Combe and Santa Pod the week after :-(

Just thinking with nearly 40 going, there’s no way we’re all going to get round to seeing each other’s cars, plus the next quarterly one would be the start of June and that’s very near to JDM Castle Combe and Santa Pod the week after :-(
theres 3 hours lol, plus theres nothing stopping us staying i suppose, the museum is open as usual i believe. May would be the next 1, which is a month away from CC so hopefully wont put too many off, Not many down for JDM combe yet, maybe everyone fancies the free 1 :laughing::laughing::laughing:

theres 3 hours lol, plus theres nothing stopping us staying i suppose, the museum is open as usual i believe. May would be the next 1, which is a month away from CC so hopefully wont put too many off, Not many down for JDM combe yet, maybe everyone fancies the free 1 :laughing::laughing::laughing:

That's nearly 13 vans an hour, (Drum roll please, as a new measurement has just been invented)

But if there’s onein March and your doing it quarterly, the next one would be June wouldn’t it

That's nearly 13 vans an hour, (Drum roll please, as a new measurement has just been invented)

But if there’s onein March and your doing it quarterly, the next one would be June wouldn’t it
oh yeah doh, might have to take it out of rotation? or do it bi monthly??

oh yeah doh, might have to take it out of rotation? or do it bi monthly??

Yeah... and/or running it on months where there is nothing clashing to maximise attendees :)

💩💩good point need to book this too, now I know reg of vehicle going!!

Back