• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Have you ever had 8 in?

Scotster

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Scotland
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Elgrand
E51
Region
Scotland
I racked my brain for ages when I first started looking at the "8 seater" Elgrand adverts. I couldn't for the life of me see how there were meant to be 8 people. Initially I thought I was just being daft and that, somehow, the car was a tardis and there were actually 4 rows of seats in total.... with the pictures looking like it was only showing 3.

So..... after visiting a few dealers and finding out the actual layout for just how it's meant to be used as an 8 seater..... has anyone actually done it? What sort of distance did you do?

The middle seat of the middle row is little enough, I honestly can't imagine bridging across the rear 2 though. If it was any further than the shops I think I would just walk :D

Stempy

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Trader
Reaction score
First Name
Stempy
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Had seven in when my rear seats were in place. Wouldn't fancy being piggy in the middle though.

malcolmyz85

Part of the furniture
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
Reaction score
First Name
malcolm
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
I racked my brain for ages when I first started looking at the "8 seater" Elgrand adverts. I couldn't for the life of me see how there were meant to be 8 people. Initially I thought I was just being daft and that, somehow, the car was a tardis and there were actually 4 rows of seats in total.... with the pictures looking like it was only showing 3.

So..... after visiting a few dealers and finding out the actual layout for just how it's meant to be used as an 8 seater..... has anyone actually done it? What sort of distance did you do?

The middle seat of the middle row is little enough, I honestly can't imagine bridging across the rear 2 though. If it was any further than the shops I think I would just walk :D
Had 8 in the e50 a few times before I took seats out , e50 is slightly diff fro e51 middle row has a 2 seater and 1 seater , can travel with 3 on here no problem aslong as people aren’t massive , the back seats are abit different but u can fit 3 small adults on them , I find all seats in car quite comfortable but have done any miles in them except driving seat

Reverend RobP

Lap Dancing Vicar & Club Rep - Yorkshire
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Elgrand
E50
Region
Yorkshire
Had 8 in my e50 all the time I've got 6 kids. Travelled all over Europe with them all packed in and luggage too. Admittedly 8 adults is a squeeze but its doable as long as they don't mind being cosy!
Took 8 adults from York to London to go to football at wembley
In fact i get asked to be designated driver loads whenever we go to football, gigs and stuff as we can all pile in one vehicle.👍

Scotster

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Scotland
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Elgrand
E51
Region
Scotland
Had 8 in my e50 all the time I've got 6 kids. Travelled all over Europe with them all packed in and luggage too. Admittedly 8 adults is a squeeze but its doable as long as they don't mind being cosy!
Took 8 adults from York to London to go to football at wembley
In fact i get asked to be designated driver loads whenever we go to football, gigs and stuff as we can all pile in one vehicle.👍

That's amazing! Great to know too. I can see how comfortable the main seats would be but I was wary about the middle offerings.

Do you think the E50 has more room than the E51? Or do you think the experience in both would be similar?

malcolmyz85

Part of the furniture
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
Reaction score
First Name
malcolm
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
That's amazing! Great to know too. I can see how comfortable the main seats would be but I was wary about the middle offerings.

Do you think the E50 has more room than the E51? Or do you think the experience in both would be similar?
I believe there is more space and more luxurious seats in a e51 but cus middle seats are different in e50 they take 3 better

Reverend RobP

Lap Dancing Vicar & Club Rep - Yorkshire
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Elgrand
E50
Region
Yorkshire
Yeah agree with Malcolm. Not alot in it size wise and space between the models. Just that middle seat in the middle row of the 51 that doesn't look as comfy as a full seat

JohnK

Premium Member
E51 Owner
London
Reaction score
First Name
John
Elgrand
E51
Region
London
Got 8 adults in mine when I first got it. Tight squeeze and middle "seat" in middle row not at all comfortable but did the job. Since converting to camper got 8 in for short trip back from beach - 2 in front, 3 squeezed on to rnr bed and 3 sat in floor 😅

Ps I misread the title of this thread when I first saw it and wondered if it should have been in the 18+ section 😚🤫🤣

Last edited:

skystalker1

E51 Owner
South West
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
I think when they quoted 8 people they weren't thinking of the generally larger European person.

I imagine 8 average sized Japanese adults would find it far easier...
think the front seat slider distance is the same ,driver seat does not go very far back at all not sure how the tall people cope .