• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Giving blood, Organ donation, Marrow.

Ian B

North East
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
North East
I may be barking up the wrong tree here but if you are selling parts of your body doesn't that make you a sort of professional?
Do you need to stand round the back of your vehicle with the lights turned on?:eek:

Tim C

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Elgrand
E51
As most of you know I'm a funeral director. I've seen people after donations of body parts and they make a right mess of them.
It's not like they need them anymore, and someone else (hopefully) gets not to die so soon....!! I spend my days (and occasional nights on-call) tissue typing patients and donors (both living, dead and in-between) for transplantation, both solid-organ and stem cells, so probably biased....!!

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
It's not like they need them anymore, and someone else (hopefully) gets not to die so soon....!! I spend my days (and occasional nights on-call) tissue typing patients and donors (both living, dead and in-between) for transplantation, both solid-organ and stem cells, so probably biased....!!
Awesome stuff, Tim.

Deano74

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Elgrand
E51
Region
Yorkshire
I worked for the blood service for a few years as a carer whilst donors handed over the good stuff.
Before then I'd not given blood before but started to after then.
I'm on the bone marrow register but as yet not had a call to help anyone out.
Not given blood for a short while as I keep getting tattoos!!! 🙂👍

Boosh

E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
When I say 'Organ donation' no I am not talking about that Bontempi you took to Cancer Research last year!

Who gives blood? Are you on the Organ Donation register? Anyone given marrow?
I give blood every 3 months or so. I'm O negative which is universal so they are always sending me letters and calling me.

Colin M

E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Elgrand
E51
Agree with compulsory organ donation but do also agree with freedom of choice I know that sounds mad but what I mean by it is you have the right through personal-religious grounds etc to opt out of donation but if you do that also means you opt out of receiving a donation bit like insurance you can't claim the benefit if your not prepared to put in .

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Agree with compulsory organ donation but do also agree with freedom of choice I know that sounds mad but what I mean by it is you have the right through personal-religious grounds etc to opt out of donation but if you do that also means you opt out of receiving a donation bit like insurance you can't claim the benefit if your not prepared to put in .
Absolutely, choice needs to be given.

Parky

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
David
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
My God, David you are good!
I’m a regular miserable bloke that tries now and again to help others in need out. On balance I’m probably more bad than good!

Karlos

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
used to give blood regularly but now am diabetic and have tattoos, mine was special and could be used for babies so used to go as often as I could

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
OK I am picking up on this tattoo chat, so are we saying if you have ever had a tattoo you cannot give blood? 🤔

Lize

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
East Anglia
Reaction score
First Name
Liz
Elgrand
E51
Region
East Anglia
OK I am picking up on this tattoo chat, so are we saying if you have ever had a tattoo you cannot give blood? 🤔
Not until 4 months after having the tattoo or piercing.

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands

Lize

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
East Anglia
Reaction score
First Name
Liz
Elgrand
E51
Region
East Anglia
Think it's to do with Hepatitis incubation period.