• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Getting a valuation

moonman

E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Hi, does anyone know of a way to get an Elgrand valued?. The problem I am having with the websites I have tried is that the previous owner had a personalized reg plate, so the sites are not finding my vehicle.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Most websites won't pick up import plates anyway.
The best way to value your car is to look at others available on the market and compare yours to theirs.

Is it in better/worse condition? Does it have more/less optional extras? Is it a basic model, a HWS or a Rider?

You can't just get a website to give you a value on it as they are all so very different.

moonman

E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Cheers ...I will follow that advice

Breadman23

E50 Owner
Premium Member
South West
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Elgrand
E50
Region
South West
It's always less that you think it's worth,

Chris T

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Wales
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
The value of the car (any car) is what it would cost you to replace it like for like, so getting on eBay/gumtree/auto trader find some close matches and take an average of their selling price to get an idea.

moonman

E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Breadman23 and Chris T,

Totally agree with your comments. I have been getting a bit nervous about the E51 Cat Converter issue. The previous owner to my Elgrand had the rear cats removed to avoid the well documented problem of engine overheating. I don't want a hassle every time the MOT is done because the cat converters have been removed. Therefore my wish to get a valuation as one option is to sell. However, what I would prefer to do is get a solution to the cat converter /MOT problem and keep my Elgrand. As you both suggest, it will be worth less than I think it is, but if I keep it, it has a lot of intrinsic value in terms what it gives to me. My usual tactic with vehicles is to keep them until they fall apart, so hopefully I can resolve the cat removal problem and keep the beast.

Nigel w

Premium Member
E51 Owner
East Anglia
Reaction score
First Name
Nigel
Elgrand
E51
Region
East Anglia
Get it lpg converted and remove all cats

malcolmyz85

Part of the furniture
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
Reaction score
First Name
malcolm
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Sad thing but a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it , doesn’t matter what u think it’s worth , or what other cars are up for , a lot of cars have inflated price tickets but do they sell for that ??? I have always lived in the real world , have a look at your car and give it a honest value , unless it’s something really special , plenty e51 out there for cheap

Chris T

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Wales
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
Breadman23 and Chris T,

Totally agree with your comments. I have been getting a bit nervous about the E51 Cat Converter issue. The previous owner to my Elgrand had the rear cats removed to avoid the well documented problem of engine overheating. I don't want a hassle every time the MOT is done because the cat converters have been removed. Therefore my wish to get a valuation as one option is to sell. However, what I would prefer to do is get a solution to the cat converter /MOT problem and keep my Elgrand. As you both suggest, it will be worth less than I think it is, but if I keep it, it has a lot of intrinsic value in terms what it gives to me. My usual tactic with vehicles is to keep them until they fall apart, so hopefully I can resolve the cat removal problem and keep the beast.
Rear cats? Won't fail there's still 2 at the front, if you have an MOT guy who's really picky and knows there should be 4 cats (unlikely) buy decored cats off @Winchester

Breadman23

E50 Owner
Premium Member
South West
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Elgrand
E50
Region
South West
Yes agree with Chris T,as soon as my E51 arrives I'm of to @Winchester for a decat £150 or 3k for a new engine🤔

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
There are no issues at MOT time if you remove the rear cats. They don't need them. Have you read the information in the read before you ask section? Not sure what the issue is here.