• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

FUNDRAISER - Operation Anti-Loneliness

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Trader
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
For those who don't know me very well, I'm a long time sufferer of social anxiety.
Since I moved to the North East from the Midlands I've struggled to make friends. I mean I met @Madfish through the Subaru Legacy owners club, and we tolerate one another but... (I jest, Mark is a very good friend of mine).

I heard that the British RedCross were fundraising for Operation Anti-Loneliness. It's basically trying to raise fund to help people suffering with isolation issues due to mental health which has been exacerbated through national lockdowns during the COVID pandemic.

The idea is to raise money through streaming and gaming. Online gaming has been a lifeline for people in the last 12 months. It's been a great way for people to still play together, talk to each other and retain some sort of social interaction.

So I'm streaming live every Tuesday and Thursday between 7pm and 9pm to raise awareness and funding for this and to help get people re-integrated with society. The minimum required donation is £100, but I've set my target at £250. My first target is to have £100 raised by the end of this week... I'm at £40 so far, so any and all help would be appreciated. This is something very close to my heart, and anything I can raise is a step towards helping those in need, but if I can hit and smash my target, I'll be over the moon.

If you'd like to donate to the campaign, please do so using the link below. Or you can watch me Live on Twitch, join in the chat and you could even play some games with me if you have a PC or a console with a cross-play enabled game.

Last edited:

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Trader
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Struggling to get momentum behind my find raiser - if any of you kind people would like to support me, please don't forget to have a look at the link and check out some of my streams if you'd like :)

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Trader
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Still struggling to get any traction behind this. I need a minimum of £100.

If anyone fancies supporting me, please do. I might drop an unscheduled stream tomorrow, see how I feel :)

Fireman Steve

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
E51
Region
Yorkshire
Good luck Karl with your fundraising. I read this story a while ago on BBC news website and it hit home.
I am lucky I have family and friends around and when I was a firefighter there was a great team spirit on the shifts but not everybody does have this. I used to run a community transport scheme using volunteer drivers, mainly older men who had retired or weren’t working for whatever reason. One driver was always hanging around volunteered for every job that came in and even helped out in our daycare centre. I came to realise overtime that he was lonely and isolated from things he said and the fact that he hung around so much and that this volunteering was a way out of it for him.
There are a lot of lonely people in society so well done for doing your bit to fundraise.