• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Fuel Gauge Recall - Nissan Dealer - Havoc

Parentalnightmare

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
I've contacted Nissan Japan, also contacted Nissan UK to see if they would honour the recall which they said absolutely. Next stop is my local Nissan dealer to get the part ordered and fitted if they can.

elgranday

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Not if they can @Parentalnightmare , they must honour the faulty manufacturing that started it all in the 1st place.. they have a duty of care to fix it for you FREE of charge!

Remember your signature says - 'dont take shit from anyone' ;) 😂 😂 😂

Parentalnightmare

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Not if they can @Parentalnightmare , they must honour the faulty manufacturing that started it all in the 1st place.. they have a duty of care to fix it for you FREE of charge!

Remember your signature says - 'dont take shit from anyone' ;) 😂 😂 😂
That's great, it just when you know the car is 15 years old and they say it's out warranty or something, but got the forum on my side and proof that they need to do it.
Take care

Gobi

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Elgrand
E51
Anyone had there recall done in Staffordshire/Derbyshire ?

suzukiv2

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Just had mine done at Nissan main dealer in Tunbridge Wells. Only took about half hour. Also what was very annoying is the fact the part was sitting on the dealers shelf for over 3 weeks and neither the dealer or Nissan UK let me know !!!

Last edited:

Parentalnightmare

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Ok thanks and were they ok about it ?
Yes there was no trouble, they said they'd done one a couple of weeks ago and took a copy of my email from Nissan Japan and they said they would order the part and ring me when it arrives.
Hopefully they've ordered it but will check this weekend.

Frenchie

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E51
Hi all new here but stumbled across this post about the recall and thought I'd share my experience with it all so far....
Emailed Nissan Japan and they said yes my Elgrand is subject for a recall and that I should find a dealer, explain my situation and ask them to contact Nissan uk. So I did just that however I got a call back from the dealer about an hour later and they advised me that they absolutely don't do work or do recalls on any imported cars. At this point I decided to call Nissan uk myself and explain what was happening and they advised me that every Nissan dealership has a process set by Nissan uk to repair and rectify any Nissan vehicles made here or anywhere else. So I'm now waiting for an email back from Nissan uk and from the dealer I first contacted, this should hopefully be at some point this week. I guess the reason I'm telling all of you about this is incase you get fobbed off by a Nissan dealership and they tell you that they don't touch imported Nissan's you can advise them that they can. I will be asking the dealership that I plan on having the work done at if they would like me to dress my Elgrand up as a fluffy little kitten as it would appear that the Elgrand seems to of scared them all very much. 😂

ColytonJohn

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Devon/Cornwall
Reaction score
First Name
John
Elgrand
E51
Region
Devon/Conrwall
I'm not getting fobbed off by my nearest dealer... just getting ignored!

I e-mailed Japan who also said ask my dealer to contact Nissan UK which I did (via their online 'Contact Us' page). That was last week and still nothing so will ping them again. Sadly, they're thirty miles away so not convenient to just drop in and rattle their cage.

Cheers,
John

Frenchie

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E51
I'm not getting fobbed off by my nearest dealer... just getting ignored!

I e-mailed Japan who also said ask my dealer to contact Nissan UK which I did (via their online 'Contact Us' page). That was last week and still nothing so will ping them again. Sadly, they're thirty miles away so not convenient to just drop in and rattle their cage.

Cheers,
John
So the number we found for Nissan uk was 0330 1231231. Might be worth giving them a call and explaining your situation. Like you we are miles away from where we want the Elgrand to go so we want to make sure everything is ok and ready before we go there.

Ste

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
I’ve been waiting 3 months and still nothing. Will be emailing Japan again

Snoopy11

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
If you are travelling to a dealer anyway is it not better to go to one that’s done the recall before. It may save some of the issues

Frenchie

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E51
Also anyone else feel like we are having to
If you are travelling to a dealer anyway is it not better to go to one that’s done the recall before. It may save some of the issues
Yeah this is a good point. I guess I'll see how I get on In the next few days and then work out where I go. Probably better to go somewhere they have already done the recall

ColytonJohn

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Devon/Cornwall
Reaction score
First Name
John
Elgrand
E51
Region
Devon/Conrwall
I've just prodded my nearest dealer and engaged them live with an online 'chat' as that couldn't be ignored and, unlike a 'phone call, I was able to save a transcript as 'evidence'.

The upshot is someone from their service dept. will investigate the recall and call me. OK they could still ignore me but I got further this time and have the transcript :)

Cheers,
John

Frenchie

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E51
That's brilliant. I think all of us getting on to Nissan uk has prompted them to step up the recalls as in the last hour I got an email from Nissan uk explaining that they are sorting out me going into the branch I requested. I mean at least this hasn't been hard work or anything lol 😂

suzukiv2

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
I found I had to keep emailing Japan then Nissan UK ... All in all it took about 3 months to get done in my case, but so nice having a working fuel gauge.

Last edited:

elgranday

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
madness..put your foot down.. show the Nissan uk garage the email from japan and it should be done within a week or 2

scottt 79

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North East
Reaction score
First Name
scott
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
just had mine back all done full health check which came back faultless. Head of service was well impressed. All the workings behind the dials have been changed.

Reactions: Ste