• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Fuel Economy

Hi Simon,
I've been considering an LPG conversion cause my wife has been complaining about the petrol bills, but can you tell me where do you put the LPG tank? I need the space in my boot. If it does go in the boot how much space does it take up?
Thanks,
Tim
@Lpgc fitted mine and the tank was located where the underslung spare wheel fits. From Simon's description nothing carrying gas runs inside the vehicle. You might then want to carry your spare wheel inside. @Simon58 has his strapped in vertically on the left side of his boot. So far I haven't carried one! Some people carry a compressor and some tyre weld. I really need to get these....

Be careful as some breakdown firms won't come out to you if your meant to have a spare and you are nit carrying one. also a compressor and tyre sealer are no good if the tyre blows instead of punctures .

Be careful as some breakdown firms won't come out to you if your meant to have a spare and you are nit carrying one. also a compressor and tyre sealer are no good if the tyre blows instead of punctures .
Good point. I will make some arrangements to carry it.

Sorry I cant find where it tells us to reset the mpg on a Series 3. Could anyone help? Im currently doing 18mpg and being very careful but ive a list of things to do first before I get upset :)

Sorry I cant find where it tells us to reset the mpg on a Series 3. Could anyone help? Im currently doing 18mpg and being very careful but ive a list of things to do first before I get upset :)
I don't have series three but possibly on dash far right should be 3 small round black buttons to reset mileage

I don't have series three but possibly on dash far right should be 3 small round black buttons to reset mileage
Yeah cheers. That resets the trip but doesn’t do anything for the k/l bar on the touch screen. I don’t think I wanna know after today

Yeah cheers. That resets the trip but doesn’t do anything for the k/l bar on the touch screen. I don’t think I wanna know after today
Prob best not to look at mileage;-)

Prob best not to look at mileage;-)
I can’t help it!! It’s frightening me. 90miles!! I’ve been so careful! That’s round town though. I’ll fill to the click in morning instead of looking at that, but Jesus!! I can watch it going down at 30mph!
ive a nasty steering wobble under braking so bushes getting changed and warped discs. Pulls to left so maybe sticky brake or just tracking. Cataclean and plugs. Tyre pressures and then pray. I only want 20mpg I’d be well happy but this looks pretty bad!! Anyone elses compare to this gauge? Series 3 rider Autech.

Attachments

• 5DF78FAB-5417-4CEA-9494-60A4C7A4B085.jpeg
    5DF78FAB-5417-4CEA-9494-60A4C7A4B085.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 43
Hahaha.
All of us.
I hope you mean that. I think it’s time for me to get to an Elgrand meet and drown my sorrows with fellow sufferers 😂.
as my brother says though ‘ahh so what!!? It’s mint though init. Proper fancy especially for the money just enjoy it and stop being unsafe and looking down 🤣

I think ours around the houses is just under 6kpl so 17mpg. And I'd class ours as in good condition :confused:

I think ours around the houses is just under 6kpl so 17mpg. And I'd class ours as in good condition :confused:
Ah well. We didn’t buy for economy. If we did, we missed the BOLD PRINT 😂.
FYI I think I’m getting about 17 judging by the needle position. Oh well. Throttle controller and cruise and all the servicing might help a bit. Thanks for the info.

Ah well. We didn’t buy for economy. If we did, we missed the BOLD PRINT 😂.
FYI I think I’m getting about 17 judging by the needle position. Oh well. Throttle controller and cruise and all the servicing might help a bit. Thanks for the info.
You're doing OK then with 17 if you're pootling about. I don't think anyone gets more than us around town, only on decent long runs.

You're doing OK then with 17 if you're pootling about. I don't think anyone gets more than us around town, only on decent long runs.
Well I’ve goto take into account I’ve been around Sheffield twice on the 90miles I showed. Ps. Sheffield is all hills FYI. And tried going up a banking using 4x4.
yyyyeah, come to think of it, I’ve not been 100% careful with it have I haha.
as long as it’s not poorly. I’ve spent thousands on a broken engine on a previous van (Rhymes with shmee shmubbleyou) with 50j miles on.
I really want to enjoy this beauty. It’s going in next week hopefully for all the tlc.

Well I’ve goto take into account I’ve been around Sheffield twice on the 90miles I showed. Ps. Sheffield is all hills FYI. And tried going up a banking using 4x4.
yyyyeah, come to think of it, I’ve not been 100% careful with it have I haha.
as long as it’s not poorly. I’ve spent thousands on a broken engine on a previous van (Rhymes with shmee shmubbleyou) with 50j miles on.
I really want to enjoy this beauty. It’s going in next week hopefully for all the tlc.
Well in this case then I'd say you are doing flipping well! We don't have 4x4, it isn't particularly hilly here and we do not accelerate harshly ever!

My best MPG has been 23.8 and worst 16.3 so sounds like you are pretty well normal.

Just to add, we are going up to Scotland soon and this will be our first long run. Been to Lincs a few times but that's hardly motorway all the way so can't class it as a proper long run.
Will try to remember to reset the trip to see what we get.

Just remember, being as it's white it will use more fuel to provide the extra speed that white ones have.

Back