• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

FOR THOSE WHO WANT A LOCAL MEET/EVENT TO BE ORGANISED

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
By now most of you will have seen the survey that we are doing for a big national 4 day EOC event.
A lot of the comments that have come from this survey are people asking for the event to be planned closer to them. The answer to that comment is no.

Big events that are aimed at catering to ALL UK based members cannot be put in any of the countries "extreme" regions. It has to be central so that the travelling distance is as fair as possible to all members. It's not fair for us to do a national event in Middlesbrough (local to me), and expect members in Cornwall to attend. I hope that clears that up.

But, we are not here to discuss that, we are here to discuss smaller, region specific events.

If you would like to see an event in your area, whether that be a coffee and bacon butty morning meet up, or an overnight camping event... if you want something to be happening close to you, ALL members are ecouraged and welcome to organise their own events. It's not hard to whack up a post saying "Hey guys, I'm going to X for fish and chips on Sunday at Midday, would anyone like to come?". It's more difficult to organise a camping trip, but at the same time you could just say "Hey guys, I'm going to Y for 2 nights camping, would anyone be interested in joining me?".

If you would like to do something more organised and get a list of attendees etc, please reach out to the admin team or the "to be appointed" regional club reps. We are here to help and assist in any way possible. But that drive has to come from you. You cannot just expect others to organise everything for you, especially the very few admin team members that we have. I have absolutely no geographical knowledge outside of the North East or the Midlands (where I used to live)... so I would be completely useless at organising an event in Dorset (for example). But what I can do is help by sharing my experience of organising events, communicating with members in your local region, and giving club support where possible.

It would be great to see more local events and meets going on, but that responsibility lies with no one. If you want it, make it happen.

I wanted a nice Elgrand owners club... so I built one. I never expected this to happen. If you want a local event, take charge, organise it, see who comes, see what it develops into.

If anyone wants to start something, PM me, I'll help and guide as much as possible.

I used to enjoy organising the South Coast meets and it's not hard. Just a matter of posting up a time and place in your regional section and if necessary contacting the venue owner if it's a pub or cafe for instance. I think folk generally prefer free parking, but as long as it's agreed before hand then you can choose whether you are prepared to pay parking charges and turn up or not. We had some good meets and even went overseas to the Isle Of Wight.

overseas was great nearly had to get a passport:joy: local meets are easy and as Karl said pop a date time and place on and see what happens some of the larger regions may need a bit of organization or smaller local to you may help we in the southeast have one near Portsmouth but would be difficult for someone from kent to get to so make it happen near you :cool:

You do right with a national event. I used to be active in the X1/9 OC and we had nationals in Northamptonshire, Derbyshire, Cornwall, Wales, Scotland, North East and South West.

The middle of the country ones were always the most popular.

Top tip - don't pre book and pay for the club in advance. Let people sort things out themselves or you will lose money!

Newbie here, so forgive if you do/ or has been done before:

The TVR club do The Goth Run. When the Goths and Steam Punk crowd have their festival weekends at Whitby, the club organises a run. First everyone meets at a cafe just off the A1 with large free carpark. Grab a breakfast butty. Then travel across the York Moors towards Whitby. Passing Gothland (Heartbeat Village) Maybe see some steam trains passing. Then park up at the reasonably priced carpark at Whitby Abbey. Walk down the steep steps, through Whitby seeing all the amazing costumes being worn. Head for the peer, and all queue to get fish and chips (beware of the seagulls!) Stroll along the peer where lots of Goths/Steam Punk people pose for photos. Grab a pint or coffee in the many cafes or pubs. Drive home.

Back