• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Financial Compensation for Club Staff

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
All,

We have always stated that the club staff of EOC do this voluntarily and with no financial reward.
This has always been the case, but over the last 12 months the club has grown exponentially and the income we receive outweighs the costs of hosting.

Plus, seeing as we've not had events or anything to pay towards over the last 18 months or so, the funds have piled up to the point where we had to spend some money.

Just to keep you all aware so that no one us under any illusions, a decision has been made after 7 years of the club being active that the club staff will take a small donation from club funds on an annual basis as reward for time spent managing, organising and improving the forum.

If anyone has any issues with this and does not want their club funds to go towards a reward to the staff, please let me know and we'll organise a refund of your remaining premium membership fee.

The agreement is that any donation made to the staff will be fair, will NOT impact the running of the club and will not have any impact on the clubs ability to provide supplies and subsidise events. Those of you who have been to the EOC events will know how much we spend on equipment, entertainment, communal supplies, prizes and rewards for the members that join us. None of that will ever stop, and once we're back in full swing, if that means the staff no longer receive a financial reward for their efforts then so be it.

The club always has and always will come first.

If anyone has any issues, feel free to comment here or message privately.

This is a great idea,I think the staff all do a great job and take time out of probably a busy day to help and organise meetings and events and a reward for there hard work is a good idea.

The problem with giving them money is that they might spend it on something sensible and boring. I would encourage the recipients to spend it on something frivolous, exciting and entirely unnecessary.

(Also, thank you for everything all of you do for the club)

I'm still very new here, not done anything other that post my nonsense on the forum so far, but think that this is a really great idea.
I've been an active member on other forums in past years, even moderated a couple.
This is the only forum I've ever come across where I am happy to pay, and especially appreciate that I didn't HAVE to, but that its optional.

I'm still very new here, not done anything other that post my nonsense on the forum so far, but think that this is a really great idea.
I've been an active member on other forums in past years, even moderated a couple.
This is the only forum I've ever come across where I am happy to pay, and especially appreciate that I didn't HAVE to, but that its optional.
I got my 10 posts in then paid the £12 best £12 I have ever spent.

Thank you all for the positive responses.
It's nice to know that the club staff are held in high enough regard for you to support us getting a little back.

We're not talking life changing sums of money, but enough to maybe cover a meal or a nice takeaway and a drink.

Fair play,,it’s great that the staff give their time for nothing on top of having a normal life,,I fully agree with rewarding them,,great idea,,

Thank you all for the positive responses.
It's nice to know that the club staff are held in high enough regard for you to support us getting a little back.

We're not talking life changing sums of money, but enough to maybe cover a meal or a nice takeaway and a drink.
Thats very kind of you... I'll have a chicken chow mein.. sweet n sour chicken balls (10) shredded crispy beef.. chicken fried rice.. pancake roll.. chips, and curry sauce 😋 after all I'm not called chunkyone for the fun of it 😂😂

Once again this club proves itself a cut above some others
what i mean is EOC became a success "before " thinking about "compensation" for staff, a true testament to the character of staff and admin alike and i have absolutely nothing but admiration for them (going to get a wet wipe--got something on my nose lol)

Back