• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Face your fears!

Steve Thompson

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
E51
So it happened to me, the dreaded rattle from the front cat.
What with all the chat on the forum recently and the fact that I'm one of the most unlucky bastards that's ever drawn breath I knew exactly what it was.
Front cat has disintegrated I'm sure.
What a bastard.
Just when I'm trying to start a business and haven't got a pot to p in!
Heyho that's life.
So the start of my engine rebuild journey starts at Kwikfit.
They do a free exhaust check.
So - face your fears, I went in.
The experienced guy says 'if it's just the cat it's 3-4 weeks and about Β£500'.
OK get on with it.
Comes back after 10 minutes with a rusted heat shield says 'this was your problem, no charge, see ya later'.
Fuk me!
Happy or what????
Shocked doesn't come close.
Do not dis the Kwikfit guys ... Ever.
I'm on their side.

Attachments

Phil

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
:)
So it happened to me, the dreaded rattle from the front cat.
What with all the chat on the forum recently and the fact that I'm one of the most unlucky bastards that's ever drawn breath I knew exactly what it was.
Front cat has disintegrated I'm sure.
What a bastard.
Just when I'm trying to start a business and haven't got a pot to p in!
Heyho that's life.
So the start of my engine rebuild journey starts at Kwikfit.
They do a free exhaust check.
So - face your fears, I went in.
The experienced guy says 'if it's just the cat it's 3-4 weeks and about Β£500'.
OK get on with it.
Comes back after 10 minutes with a rusted heat shield says 'this was your problem, no charge, see ya later'.
Fuk me!
Happy or what????
Shocked doesn't come close.
Do not dis the Kwikfit guys ... Ever.
I'm on their side.
Lucky man.
Brilliant news. Bet you're still listening for the rattle though :)

Insane

E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
GARY
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
The same happend to me. I heard this annoying rattle driving home the other day ..Then realised it was the missus sat next to me in the passanger seat. Not sure if kwikfit can sort that one out !:eyes: