• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Exhaust Opinions Please!

Its 1000% better than standard.....a real v6 sound without ever being intrusive. I expect it to get deeper (and better) as it carbons-up
Thanks again David.. Looks like I'll be ordering a 18 as a few have said the 14 is rather loud!!

@David1972 do you have details on where to get exhaust system you have. Im interested in similar. Thanks in advance.

Do you mind me asking which garage as im based up here too. Will probably be looking to get one bought and pay someone to install.

Sure....Gilesgate Autocare in Hexham.

Geraint builds exhausts to E51 'Highway star' fitment, so please remember to let him know if you have a different version as it will matter šŸ‘

Sure....Gilesgate Autocare in Hexham.

Geraint builds exhausts to E51 'Highway star' fitment, so please remember to let him know if you have a different version as it will matter šŸ‘
Perfect. Thanks. I have a highway star on route so will get organised. Thanks for all your help.

We have an @Elementian 18" centre box & standard back box on ours. Nice tone to it & it's not too loud on the motorway.

Straight pipe would be horrific & raspy. Youtube some VQ35 exhaust videos.

As much as i would like some more noise from ours, i can't help but think it would make it unpleasant on longer journeys, the kids already say its noisy in the back.

We have an @Elementian 18" centre box & standard back box on ours. Nice tone to it & it's not too loud on the motorway.

As much as i would like some more noise from ours, i can't help but think it would make it unpleasant on longer journeys, the kids already say its noisy in the back.
My kids used to moan about the noise ... after I said they could always catch the bus they donā€™t complain anymore ... bad dad but daisey is my baby as well...

Cheers Dean šŸ‘

DOh yes... If you could please Peter

18ā€ middle box and no rear mufflers ... and now I have gravel rash .. itā€™s loud some might say too loud , but I love the sound she makes , whatā€™s the point of having a 3.5 V6 unless it sounds like one .. thatā€™s my opinion any who .. go loud or go home lol ... itā€™s a power flow system so I donā€™t think itā€™s a standard middle box.
Can u send a video of the loudness I want to get mines loud alsošŸ¤£

Iā€™ve fitted sound proofing matting to the inside of the rear door .. didnā€™t do much to be honest .. fitted a secondary rubber seal to the rear door .. that made a hell of a difference.. no drone and can actually hear the radio

so legally Elgrand must have 2 cats ?????????, i wanna fit and forget one, live south east

Back