• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Ensuring the Future of EOC - 10 Post Rule

To all those of you who have argued the changes to the forum...

New member registrations in the last 2 days has increased 763%

Post count had increased 152%

Premium member sign up has increased 11%

Seems that it wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Proof that there are plenty of people out there who recognise a good thing when they see it. This forum can only get better and stronger with dedicated members who value what we have :)

@Karl

ive had to re-register 763 times after being kicked for whining too much.

Seriously though, good skills. From what I’ve seen this is a great place to be for both info and help and general chin wagging. And I’m liking the general acceptance of newbies opinions.

@Dazzafact, glad you have seen that we do work hard to welcome people and help to integrate them into the community. We don't just expect people to sign up and find their own way, we help as much as we can.

@Karl

ive had to re-register 763 times after being kicked for whining too much.

Seriously though, good skills. From what I’ve seen this is a great place to be for both info and help and general chin wagging. And I’m liking the general acceptance of newbies opinions.
Come on Dazza register as a premium member,you know it makes sense.:)

@Frogeyepete , I monitor stats on a weekly basis, so I'll keep an eye on this and see what happens. If it has a negative effect, to the point its proving detrimental, then we will have to think up a new strategy 👍
Yes a standard one off joining fee of £5 will suffice I say.:p

Don't see the point in it myself, but hey ho, my opinion wont count anyway. yet again another reason why ive come off a lot of forums... its a shame as itll put off a lot of new members. Looks like ill remain locked out once the restrictions are in place. Thanks
Well buy your self a Haynes manual, hire yourself a Japanese interpreter and you have all the free info you need once ya pay for madame butterfly lol...

@Karl, exactly as I thought boss...people have thought "it won't take long to get ten posts for full access, might as well sign up" . By placing the restrictions, the club appears more exclusive and more appealing to a potential member because they have to join in a bit to receive the info they require. Once they have had a bit of a chat they get hooked like me! The wife only joined cos I was chatting away and she wanted to see what all the fuss was about( or keep tabs on me!) Long live ElgrandOC

I agree, I think by "forcing" new members to post by the time they've got their 10 posts they spoke to a few people and will be more likely to continue to be active members.

@Karl, exactly as I thought boss...people have thought "it won't take long to get ten posts for full access, might as well sign up" . By placing the restrictions, the club appears more exclusive and more appealing to a potential member because they have to join in a bit to receive the info they require. Once they have had a bit of a chat they get hooked like me! The wife only joined cos I was chatting away and she wanted to see what all the fuss was about( or keep tabs on me!) Long live ElgrandOC
Talk about the missus keeping tabs on you, When I was adding the photo on the reflection competition on here I didn't realize my wife was looking over my shoulder, suddenly she shouted "what the hell have you been doing with our bedroom mirror outside on the path".:joy:

Talk about the missus keeping tabs on you, When I was adding the photo on the reflection competition on here I didn't realize my wife was looking over my shoulder, suddenly she shouted "what the hell have you been doing with our bedroom mirror outside on the path".:joy:

Could have been worse, you could have dropped the mirror and not got the shot of the Elgrand ;-)

Did she make you put it back on the ceiling?:grinning:

I haven't yet read the full 9 pages of this thread, sorry if this has been clarified before... Can new members still send PMs?

I haven't yet read the full 9 pages of this thread, sorry if this has been clarified before... Can new members still send PMs?

Yes. Any registered member regardless of post count, can send PM's. This feature is enabled to allow people to interact, although PM's sent do NOT count to overall posts on the forum.

Back