• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Ensuring the Future of EOC - 10 Post Rule

I appreciate your input mate, and totally agree with what you are saying, but with how quickly other clubs died, especially the one that forced paid membership, I don't want to see that happen to EOC, so trying to be creative with solutions :)
I don't want to enforce paid membership for the club to then die a horrible death as no one would benefit from that.
I think the way you are approaching this is right. Information should be free and so should membership for those who think £1 per month is too expensive! The clever part on your behalf is that people will have to become active in order to obtain any technical info or help they require which might make them stay active as they start to enjoy the whole forum experience. BTW, this is the first forum I have ever actively participated in and this is all down to the friendly attitude and help I received when I first joined.

I think it's a great idea to get people more involved,I'd welcome being more active on the forum and I do check it often but there's hardly ever anything I can help with and when there is it's already been answered.
As for the premium membership fees, I don't remember seeing that info when I registered. Perhaps I will just pay the fee if that's what's needed

I think it's a great idea to get people more involved,I'd welcome being more active on the forum and I do check it often but there's hardly ever anything I can help with and when there is it's already been answered.
As for the premium membership fees, I don't remember seeing that info when I registered. Perhaps I will just pay the fee if that's what's needed
You've got enough posts to continue using the forum as is Cliff. Karl hasn't started this thread to try and shoehorn people into paid membership but if it's something you want to do it's an easy process by clicking on your forum name at the top of the page and going into account upgrades.

Last edited:
You've got enough posts to continue using the forum as is Cliff. Karl hasn't started this thread to try and shoehorn people into payed membership but if it's something you want to do it's an easy process by clicking on your forum name at the top of the page and going into account upgrades.
Thanks for the info,I shall be doing that and I don't feel forced at all,I do completely understand the costs involved running a successful forum etc,and the £12 is more than reasonable.. I've also got a few write-ups that I intend to post about my own experiences with repairs so I'll help in both ways ,thanks again

as a premium member i dont really care if it costs£12 or £15 as long as the info is viable and yes i know some the data will grow over time i dont like the idea of the site going bust and having to beg membrs for a pony up of funds so why not as you say sell guest membership for a fiver or so for the owners that need a bit of info and will never use the site again the other money raiser is sell spesific items like a lamp set or aproach potential sponcers like the guys who will make a set of curtains up for a one off Ad and recommendation im sure the likes of kampa and vango will have a budget for advertising there awnings just my point of view
and im still after a list of led lamps so i can organise some

as a premium member i dont really care if it costs£12 or £15 as long as the info is viable and yes i know some the data will grow over time i dont like the idea of the site going bust and having to beg membrs for a pony up of funds so why not as you say sell guest membership for a fiver or so for the owners that need a bit of info and will never use the site again the other money raiser is sell spesific items like a lamp set or aproach potential sponcers like the guys who will make a set of curtains up for a one off Ad and recommendation im sure the likes of kampa and vango will have a budget for advertising there awnings just my point of view
and im still after a list of led lamps so i can organise some
I thought I saw a post of Karl's that listed the led lights and a how to

Bollocks my premium membership is up again in the next month or so. That will be the third time I've paid it & what have I ever had for the money?

oh yeah - advice from members who know their Elgrands inside out. Invaluable for an auto numptie like me. And great to pass on to mechanics who aren't familiar with imports.

oh yeah - a few entertaining (small) disagreements among a few members.

oh yeah - being able to help new members with the odd answer & link to hopefully help answer their questions.

oh yeah - a damn good laugh along the way.

What have the Romans ever done for us :)

Keep up with the free registration guys & hopefully a few more premium members will come along if they think it's worth it - which it certainly is in my opinion :)

I agree with the changes you are making, without this group and the advice I’ve received I wouldn’t have purchased my Elgrand in February, and it’s changed our families life, I should have paid sooner....simple

And by the way, it’s nice to see such proactive and positive energy in the last month or so, it was in danger of becoming a massive negative bitch fest. Hats off to turning around the vibe.

I agree with the changes you are making, without this group and the advice I’ve received I wouldn’t have purchased my Elgrand in February, and it’s changed our families life, I should have paid sooner....simple

And by the way, it’s nice to see such proactive and positive energy in the last month or so, it was in danger of becoming a massive negative bitch fest. Hats off to turning around the vibe.

"Massive negative bitch fest" - did I miss something? I visit most days & I haven't noticed anything.

Have only been a premium member 2 weeks but have owned the Highstar for 2 years I honestly cannot give enough thanks and encouragement to keep this forum alive and kicking, wish I had come across the site in my early days of owning the E51. Like others I am not one to participate in Forum sites normally but this is not like any other I have seen members are keen to support and offer valuable advice when needed the events and opportunities to meet like minded people is fantastic in my opinion a small membership fee would be of no hardship and which the forum and team members deserve to continue to make it viable perhaps open it up to a poll. No not bloody Brexit!

This is such a difficult one. I joined because I wanted to grab as much info as possible before buying an Elgrand, something I still haven't done. I have found a great deal of info here that I probably would never have found, which ultimately will mean I eventually buy an Elgrand. There are huge positives in a free and open site, one of them is traffic. Can we not look into some advertising to fund the essentials?

This is such a difficult one. I joined because I wanted to grab as much info as possible before buying an Elgrand, something I still haven't done. I have found a great deal of info here that I probably would never have found, which ultimately will mean I eventually buy an Elgrand. There are huge positives in a free and open site, one of them is traffic. Can we not look into some advertising to fund the essentials?

it's still going to be free @Dazzafact , new members would just have to register & premium membership is entirely optional :)

I like the idea. I know I don't partake as much as I should so I can't really say much about this but I do think it is a really good idea. If anyone new wanted info they cannot get hold of they would HAVE to ask which may just get them interacting more and happy to pay premium. It's only 12 quid, come on. You run an Elgrand. Just do 12 less miles a YEAR that will prob pay for it lol. ( I also think premium should be at least 20 quid)

It is a difficult balance as Karl says you want the interest but the trade off for operational bandwidth due to freeloaders is a killer.

I've said before I've little technical knowledge to offer the club and its members but paying £12 was nothing in comparison to what I've saved and gained from the members and if 'guests' take a look at themselves I'd hope they'd come to the same conclusions. What's £12 get you these days.

I think the plan is quite fair lets them in for a try before you buy, but if you don't buy don't expect a free lunch.

Back