• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

ElgrandOC hits Discord!

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
For any PC users within the club who use Discord, whether it be for creators of online content, gaming or anything else, we've now got our very own discord channel.
Thanks to @Chimestrike for having the initial idea here.

It's a pretty basic set up, not going to invest much time in there unless we get a decent amount of activity going through it.

For those who don't know Discord is a social chat type service that allows voice chat, streaming content etc.

Let's see how active it is before we give it any more spotlight, but if you want to join up, please feel free to do so by clicking the link below

For any PC users within the club who use Discord, whether it be for creators of online content, gaming or anything else, we've now got our very own discord channel.
Thanks to @Chimestrike for having the initial idea here.

It's a pretty basic set up, not going to invest much time in there unless we get a decent amount of activity going through it.

For those who don't know Discord is a social chat type service that allows voice chat, streaming content etc.

Let's see how active it is before we give it any more spotlight, but if you want to join up, please feel free to do so by clicking the link below

Great idea but a strange name have signed up anyway

Trying to avoid it.

I won't be signing up for sure.
It could be therapeutic.. Imagine a Grand Theft Auto type game with Elgrands, see a character you don't like too much and run them over, shoot them or smash their vehicle up :laughing:

My only concern with things like this is they can kill forums. An RC Heli forum I'm on has all but completely died because they've all migrated to other social media platforms. Imo you just cannot beat a good forum for a wealth of experience and on tap help and knowledge.

Pretty much live on discord joined under my social dingwoot

It could be therapeutic.. Imagine a Grand Theft Auto type game with Elgrands, see a character you don't like too much and run them over, shoot them or smash their vehicle up :laughing:
I'd rather imagine a forum that didn't have members that derive so much pleasure from ridicule and antagonism.

I followed the link above out of interest, looks like an app install is required to access the service.

I'd rather imagine a forum that didn't have members that derive so much pleasure from ridicule and antagonism.

And I'd also like to imagine a forum where someone wouldn't set up and hide behind a fake account to antagonise other members but we don't always get what we want do we 'Dude'.

Has anyone set up a fake / second account?

Fuck me guys.

Discord is a means to an end. For those who are into gaming and use Discord to stream, voice chat etc, it's a great asset to have within the club.
It's also a great service for sharing general media content.

We're trying something new to help bring people together in more than just a "typing on a forum" kind of way.

It's not an intention to replace the forum at all. The forum is and always will be the heart of EOC.

I'm fucking sick of people allowing personal issues to get in the way of other members enjoying the forum.

We, as a club, have not done much in the way of innovation to be more inclusive and more involved with other members.

If you don't want to be a part of it, that is perfectly fine. If you do, join us and see what it's all about. Had a few people try discord for the first time on the back of this post and they are enjoying it already.

It's great for the odd remote pub and/or gaming nights 🍻 🎮

My job has me on Discord, a lot!! Discord serves a different purpose to the Forum and adds another element, rather than replacing anything that this Forum offers. I don't really see them as in competition or there being a risk of Discord cannibalising the EOC Forum

Last edited:
Back