• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

ElgrandOC - FIVE YEARS OLD - Appreciation post (Plenty to read here, grab a cuppa)

Happy 5th 🥳. Thank you to all the guys & girls that run the club & thank you to all the members who have helped me over the last 3 years ( apparently it's my 3 year anniversary today 🥳)

Five years ??, it feels like the club's been here forever ,and that's a GOOD thing---well done @Karl and the rest of the team

ALTHOUGH ,sometimes the info on here is a little duff

I would like everyone to raise there glasses.... @Karl
And Thank Karl and all the staff for there dedicated passion and commitment to this 'Fantastic one stop shop/forum for all Elgrand owners Worldwide' thankyou for your vision and time Guys... Much appreciated!

🍰🎂 HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY Elgrand OC 🎂🍰👍👍👍

I did the above "raised my glasses"--------and I couldn't see a friggin thing :p:p

I've been here over a year now and the forum has helped me every step of the way through the whole import process and its amazing all the members who have been nice enough to lend me advice through the whole thing.

It's turned me from a non car person into loving cars... Well.. loving elgrands anyway 😂😅

Still plan to attend a meet at some point in the future.

Well done @Karl

Happy birthday wishes! What I love about the forum is that the members are totally genuine in their concern and interest, not only Elgrand related, but on a personal level. There is such a bond, even if ones have never met! True dedication involved by the admin staff to keep things up and running....from day one I was made to feel so welcome and I try to repay that the best I can (granted, some may get missed, and huge apologies for that!) I echo the words of everyone: well done, and may the forum keep going from strength to strength 👍🚐👏

Thanks for all the kind words guys. But as I said in my original post, this club would not be what it is if it were not for the continued efforts of the members we have. I just hope that those who don't feel included are reading this and understanding that all it takes is a little bit of effort from them to connect, and they'll just get sucked in... just like all of us regulars :)

Happy Birthday, ElgrandOC, you are awesome!!!!

I've been a member of the forum for just over a year now and nearly had my van on the road for a whole year. In that time, I've quadrupled my usual yearly mileage and met loads of great people along the way at meets and events.

The EOC forum and its members have inspired me (a couch potato (and the same shape)) to get out there and meet people, I hope some new members are inspired enough to do the same :)

Thanks to everyone who was involved in starting this forum and all those who keep it going :)
@Claptrap I can't believe that you are only just ahead of me! I thought that you had been a member for quite some time before I joined.... amazing!

@Claptrap I can't believe that you are only just ahead of me! I thought that you had been a member for quite some time before I joined.... amazing!

Yup, just a year, although the frequency of interaction is helped by the fact that I sit in front of a PC most of the day and happy to help out where I can :)

:party::party::party::party::party::party: Happy birthday EOC

5000 members....Nah
5000 FRIENDS, in communication every day, even waving at each other (sometimes) when we pass on the road

......who needs facebook

As i said in a previous thread after @Karl and the team were targeted........Thank you to the whole team, treasurers, reps, admins and owners and all the members who help make EOC what it was yesterday, what it is today and what it will be tomorrow.

27th August 2019 marks the 5th anniversary of the ElgrandOC forum.
That is the "official" birthday for the club, although there was a small presence on Facebook for a week or so before.
Five years!!

ElgrandOC was set up on a whim. It was an experiment. There were 3 forums online when I bought my Elgrand. An Australian based site. There was the Elgrand Collective and also the Elgrand Ning forum (Ning was a web based platform).
The Aussie site was open, and a great source of info, but did not accept new members. Both the Collective and Ning platforms were locked down, and getting access to the forums involved jumping through hoops (3 page registration form, a telephone interview and payment up front before you could even get in to say hello).
Based on the lack of "community" feel... I decided to set up ElgrandOC. A free, open to all, one stop resource for Elgrand owners across the world.
So then there were four forums. Slowly, as time passed, four became three again, which became two, and then eventually, it became one. Just us.
I'm now sitting here, 5 years later, and looking back at everything we've been through as a club, and appreciating everything we have.

Over 5000 members, an average of 300 users active EVERY day and an average of over 320 posts EVERY day.

We are now the ONLY remaining Elgrand forum. I've been told so many times over the last 5 years that the forum would die because Facebook is taking over and ruining car clubs. Well, ElgrandOC has proved that this is not the case. The reason forums have died is lack of drive, lack of ambition, and lack of interest from members. And this is where we start to get into the appreciation side of this post.

Every single member of ElgrandOC has helped to bring us where we are today. Whether you are a registered member or a premium member, it doesn't matter. Just being here and using the forum, asking questions, chatting to one another... all of that has helped to make ElgrandOC stand out in the crowd. We have achieved growth and strength in a time where other forums have been dying due to social media.
I love seeing posts from new members thanking the community for being so friendly and welcoming. Every single one of you who just welcomes a new member has played a VITAL role in ensuring the growth of the club. You have welcomed a new member, made them feel like part of the family, and allowed them to fully engage with the rest of the community without hesitation.

I know there are still a lot of members here who have either just joined or been here for a while but still feel anxious about posting. But I know from speaking privately to members who do get stuck in, that diving in head first and understanding just how strong the community spirit is within the club, that goes a long way to getting you involved. We have an amazing collection of personalities within the club, and it warms my heart seeing people enjoying banter, sharing laughs, and leaning on each other for support when they need to.

The one thing that upsets me is hearing the odd comments about certain groups of members being "cliquey". I never understood this because no one who has ever joined the forum has been purposefully made to feel unwelcome. We love getting new people in, new personalities, and new experiences. If anyone feels that there are "cliques" within the club, and you feel that you struggle to get involved, drop me a PM and we'll have a chat about it. I can wholeheartedly say that the clique you believe is there, is not, and all it's going to take is your participation. I will include a link at the end of this post regarding social anxiety and it's effects on meets and events, but I am becoming increasingly aware that this also applies to people posting within the forum. If you don't feel comfortable posting, but you are desperately wanting to join in, as I said, drop me a PM and we'll have a chat about it. I'm more than willing to spare any time I have to help members of this club. Getting you engaging with the rest of the community helps the club to flourish. We need you to be a part of that. Every single one of you.

I know there are people here who don't want to be a part of the community, and just want to get help with their vehicles etc. That's fine. I 100% appreciate that. But, just as a word of wisdom, more people will be willing to help those they are bonded with. Having that conversation with others, getting your name known, and integrating yourself with the community will help you in any situation where you need help. That is what a community is about. Helping out. I'm not saying you won't get help if you don't join in with conversation, but it's human nature to be more helpful to people you know. Example, if you pass a broken down car on your drive to work, would you stop to help? Most likely not, you don't want to be late. If you passed a family member or friend... that decision process would be very different. This is not about being cliquey, this is just human nature.

So once again. Thank you. Yes you. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Thank you for being here. Thank you for being a member of ElgrandOC and playing a big part in helping the club to be exactly what it is. I know the 10 post rule rubs some people up the wrong way, but 99% of members appreciate it. And of the 1% who disagree with it... they start to understand it once they've got into it and start to understand how the community works.

We are ElgrandOC. We are united by a love for a car. A strange thing, but wonderful that it has brought so many people together for the better. Some of my best friends I've made in this club, and I make new close friends every year. I know that other members feel and have experienced the same. You get back what you put in.
Live long ElgrandOC.

Once again, thank you all. Your participation no matter how big or small has helped to make EOC exactly what it is.
Meets and Social Anxiety
Happy birthday to the best club 🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂5Great years keep up the goodwork Karl & Team.Always great information & banter on this site just love it 🙌🙌🙌

A big Happy Anniversary, and a great forum / club that has enhanced my ownership of a great car. Thankyou @Karl as well as all the admin and staff, and thank you all on the forum. Here's to the next 5 years! 🚐👍👊💪🥳

Great point actually Hoobs, we probably wouldn't have even looked at an Elgrand if this forum didn't exist, would have felt waaaay too scary.
I went the other way brought one on looks alone then joined to find out more about these great cars..

Congratulations on 5 years! Having literally just bought an Elgrand (big thanks to Ace Imports!) which is waiting to board a ship in Japan, I'm grateful to have 5 years worth of posts to educate and distract me for the next few months while I wait. I've seen some of the amazing things members here have achieved and also gleaned a sense of the community, be it meet ups, advice, knowledge or graft.

Meanwhile, I keep wanting to wave to Elgrand owners in solidarity but I imagine I'd just look like a loon in a Citroen until I'm sat in an Elgrand myself. Is there a secret hand sign I should know? :)

Keep up the great work.

Congratulations on 5 years! Having literally just bought an Elgrand (big thanks to Ace Imports!) which is waiting to board a ship in Japan, I'm grateful to have 5 years worth of posts to educate and distract me for the next few months while I wait. I've seen some of the amazing things members here have achieved and also gleaned a sense of the community, be it meet ups, advice, knowledge or graft.

Meanwhile, I keep wanting to wave to Elgrand owners in solidarity but I imagine I'd just look like a loon in a Citroen until I'm sat in an Elgrand myself. Is there a secret hand sign I should know? :)

Keep up the great work.
There is a secret hand sign we have, it's 3 fingers side-on, kind of looking like a capital 'E'
Problem is only 4 or 5 of us know about it 😂

There is a secret hand sign we have, it's 3 fingers side-on, kind of looking like a capital 'E'
Problem is only 4 or 5 of us know about it 😂
Come on kermi.
Even you should know that we actually squirt the washers and wipe the windows as a greeting

Keep up the great work.
The secret wave is to put your screen washers on and wave like a loon...I sometimes forget I’m in the work truck and wave...

27th August 2019 marks the 5th anniversary of the ElgrandOC forum.
That is the "official" birthday for the club, although there was a small presence on Facebook for a week or so before.
Five years!!

ElgrandOC was set up on a whim. It was an experiment. There were 3 forums online when I bought my Elgrand. An Australian based site. There was the Elgrand Collective and also the Elgrand Ning forum (Ning was a web based platform).
The Aussie site was open, and a great source of info, but did not accept new members. Both the Collective and Ning platforms were locked down, and getting access to the forums involved jumping through hoops (3 page registration form, a telephone interview and payment up front before you could even get in to say hello).
Based on the lack of "community" feel... I decided to set up ElgrandOC. A free, open to all, one stop resource for Elgrand owners across the world.
So then there were four forums. Slowly, as time passed, four became three again, which became two, and then eventually, it became one. Just us.
I'm now sitting here, 5 years later, and looking back at everything we've been through as a club, and appreciating everything we have.

Over 5000 members, an average of 300 users active EVERY day and an average of over 320 posts EVERY day.

We are now the ONLY remaining Elgrand forum. I've been told so many times over the last 5 years that the forum would die because Facebook is taking over and ruining car clubs. Well, ElgrandOC has proved that this is not the case. The reason forums have died is lack of drive, lack of ambition, and lack of interest from members. And this is where we start to get into the appreciation side of this post.

Every single member of ElgrandOC has helped to bring us where we are today. Whether you are a registered member or a premium member, it doesn't matter. Just being here and using the forum, asking questions, chatting to one another... all of that has helped to make ElgrandOC stand out in the crowd. We have achieved growth and strength in a time where other forums have been dying due to social media.
I love seeing posts from new members thanking the community for being so friendly and welcoming. Every single one of you who just welcomes a new member has played a VITAL role in ensuring the growth of the club. You have welcomed a new member, made them feel like part of the family, and allowed them to fully engage with the rest of the community without hesitation.

I know there are still a lot of members here who have either just joined or been here for a while but still feel anxious about posting. But I know from speaking privately to members who do get stuck in, that diving in head first and understanding just how strong the community spirit is within the club, that goes a long way to getting you involved. We have an amazing collection of personalities within the club, and it warms my heart seeing people enjoying banter, sharing laughs, and leaning on each other for support when they need to.

The one thing that upsets me is hearing the odd comments about certain groups of members being "cliquey". I never understood this because no one who has ever joined the forum has been purposefully made to feel unwelcome. We love getting new people in, new personalities, and new experiences. If anyone feels that there are "cliques" within the club, and you feel that you struggle to get involved, drop me a PM and we'll have a chat about it. I can wholeheartedly say that the clique you believe is there, is not, and all it's going to take is your participation. I will include a link at the end of this post regarding social anxiety and it's effects on meets and events, but I am becoming increasingly aware that this also applies to people posting within the forum. If you don't feel comfortable posting, but you are desperately wanting to join in, as I said, drop me a PM and we'll have a chat about it. I'm more than willing to spare any time I have to help members of this club. Getting you engaging with the rest of the community helps the club to flourish. We need you to be a part of that. Every single one of you.

I know there are people here who don't want to be a part of the community, and just want to get help with their vehicles etc. That's fine. I 100% appreciate that. But, just as a word of wisdom, more people will be willing to help those they are bonded with. Having that conversation with others, getting your name known, and integrating yourself with the community will help you in any situation where you need help. That is what a community is about. Helping out. I'm not saying you won't get help if you don't join in with conversation, but it's human nature to be more helpful to people you know. Example, if you pass a broken down car on your drive to work, would you stop to help? Most likely not, you don't want to be late. If you passed a family member or friend... that decision process would be very different. This is not about being cliquey, this is just human nature.

So once again. Thank you. Yes you. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Thank you for being here. Thank you for being a member of ElgrandOC and playing a big part in helping the club to be exactly what it is. I know the 10 post rule rubs some people up the wrong way, but 99% of members appreciate it. And of the 1% who disagree with it... they start to understand it once they've got into it and start to understand how the community works.

We are ElgrandOC. We are united by a love for a car. A strange thing, but wonderful that it has brought so many people together for the better. Some of my best friends I've made in this club, and I make new close friends every year. I know that other members feel and have experienced the same. You get back what you put in.
Live long ElgrandOC.

Once again, thank you all. Your participation no matter how big or small has helped to make EOC exactly what it is.
Meets and Social Anxiety
happy birthday.And a big thank you.still finding my way around the forum but hoping to be more pro active

Reactions: Ste
Come on kermi.
Even you should know that we actually squirt the washers and wipe the windows as a greeting
True story Bro'

Reactions: Ste
This is one of the most helpful and vibrant care forums I've been on. It might be that I'm drawn to niche motors, but the more niche or underrated a vehicle is, it seems the better the community.
Long may the Elgrand fully under the radar!
And thanks to Karl for making this place, and everyone else for being generally awesome.

Back