• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

ElgrandOC Financials - New Treasurers Appointed

You could always organise your own meets down there, plenty of antipodeans in the EOC. We could send stickers.

View attachment 17622
Hahaha love the sticker!

I wouldn't know where to even start with something like that, another reason why I appreciate all the work admin puts in.

I think that it's absolutely disgusting that someone has accused you of helping yourself to the club funds,the time,effort and dedication you put into making it work for us all is a credit to you are a decent upstanding honest guy,I'm sure I can say on behalf of all our members we really appreciate wh
at you do for us chap,can't fault ya dude

Doesn't bother me where my 12 quid a year goes. It's a small VOLUNTARY donation to help keep the club running. Even if it went to @Karl for running it all it would be fine by me. I just enjoy taking part in the forum.

Phil put it perfectly, personally it wouldn't bother me at all if you (Karl) and the other admin guys paid yourself a wage for the hours you guys put in. I've been here since the day after you started the club, I'm not always active and pretty much only post when I can help someone with something and for sure I've got much more out of the club than I've put in so 12.00 pounds well spent.

I'm fed up with people slagging other people off and accusing them of various things , I'm like a lot of people on her that thought that Karl would or at least should get some remuneration for his time and effort . If it wasn't for him setting up this club we would have nowhere decent to chat about our passion or find out things about or vehicles . Maybe we should hold a members vote on whether to give karl a wage or at least cover expenses and something for his time and effort in running this club . I'm seriously thinking of leaving the club Facebook page because it seems that thats where most of the problems (people) are , people who will not follow club rules which 99.9% of other people seem to manage to follow with no problem. Enough said , rant over . 🤬🤬🤬🤬 ps .see some of you at the show on Sunday .😎👍

Thanks all for your words of support. It really does mean a lot to know that so many people have so much faith in me.

My aim with ElgrandOC was to set up a free resource for Elgrand owners to use. That's what it is. The membership fees etc were only ever introduced as ab OPTIONAL payment to help pay running costs. I always said that if there came a time when I had to pay for hosting myself, I'd switch it off. That was always my mantra, and remains that way now. But there are so many people who appreciate the club for what it is and choose to help fund it, that we've never even come close to having any financing issues. The fact we've been able to buy 3 top quality marquee's, flags, banners, give away prizes to people... and the EOC Awards 2018 cost a lot more than I expected it to.

In all honesty, I don't really give a shit about money. As long as I can afford to pay bills and put fuel in the Elgrand, I'm happy. I have all of that. I'm not a greedy person.

It sounds cheesy, but knowing I've helped others, saved them money, kept their cars on the road, helped them avoid cowboys... that's payment enough for me. I can afford to buy my own booze.

The accusations have come from someone who is jealous of what EOC has achieved. They don't like the fact that it's ME that's created it.

If people are nice to me, I'm nice to them. If people follow the rules, I don't have to put my "admin" hat on.

@Pippa and I discussed the option of removing ourselves from social media the other day. We've not made a decision yet, but I think it's something we will talk about more, because in all honesty, all it does is create stress and anxiety.

@Karl , lots of appreciation for you and the admins on this forum from grateful members

social media fb page, how about distancing yourself from the problematic facebook page and having a EOC forum fb page that only members of the forum can access

Not paid my voluntary subs yet as it’s been an expensive couple of months actually buying my Elgrand so maybe I shouldn’t have an opinion but... this club is such a valuable resource for owners, potential owners etc and I’d hate to see it come under threat due to a handful of people. I can’t begin to imagine the amount of hours Karl and the team put into running this and they shouldn’t have to suffer abuse of any kind.
Keep up the great work!

Not paid my voluntary subs yet as it’s been an expensive couple of months actually buying my Elgrand so maybe I shouldn’t have an opinion but... this club is such a valuable resource for owners, potential owners etc and I’d hate to see it come under threat due to a handful of people. I can’t begin to imagine the amount of hours Karl and the team put into running this and they shouldn’t have to suffer abuse of any kind.
Keep up the great work!
Pull your finger out, Steve! Karl and Pippa have the deposit for Fiji to pay for.

I still don't get how it can be classed as 'stealing' from ones own company. Ah well not to worry, all sorted now.

Thanks all for your words of support. It really does mean a lot to know that so many people have so much faith in me.

My aim with ElgrandOC was to set up a free resource for Elgrand owners to use. That's what it is. The membership fees etc were only ever introduced as ab OPTIONAL payment to help pay running costs. I always said that if there came a time when I had to pay for hosting myself, I'd switch it off. That was always my mantra, and remains that way now. But there are so many people who appreciate the club for what it is and choose to help fund it, that we've never even come close to having any financing issues. The fact we've been able to buy 3 top quality marquee's, flags, banners, give away prizes to people... and the EOC Awards 2018 cost a lot more than I expected it to.

In all honesty, I don't really give a shit about money. As long as I can afford to pay bills and put fuel in the Elgrand, I'm happy. I have all of that. I'm not a greedy person.

It sounds cheesy, but knowing I've helped others, saved them money, kept their cars on the road, helped them avoid cowboys... that's payment enough for me. I can afford to buy my own booze.

The accusations have come from someone who is jealous of what EOC has achieved. They don't like the fact that it's ME that's created it.

If people are nice to me, I'm nice to them. If people follow the rules, I don't have to put my "admin" hat on.

@Pippa and I discussed the option of removing ourselves from social media the other day. We've not made a decision yet, but I think it's something we will talk about more, because in all honesty, all it does is create stress and anxiety.
Karl if I was to offer one piece of advice it would be to not rise to the nonsense that some people spout. There must be some comfort in knowing that you set out to do something that many would have turned away from and you have succeeded in reaching your goal, it is admirable that you maintain the stance that the EOC is free to all and that the £12 voluntary contribution is just that. All organisations have rules and I must admit the EOC overseeing of those rules is operated with a very light touch and anyone who can't live with that should not keep coming back (free or not). Facebook by nature it appears is a lawless place and sadly there will always be those who try to exploit that fact "when no one is looking I will wreak havoc" Not what we want here! The EOC will continue to thrive as long as people like you, the admin team and members like me want it to and that is that. Keep on keeping on and ignore the fools be them on face book or wherever,they just don't count.

Keep up the great work!

Of course you have an opinion @Ste & it's just as valid as everybody elses. If I'm able to answer a question for another member I don't even look if they're a premium member or not. :)

Keep up the great work!

You're opinion counts just as much as any member on here premium or not...

Thanks for the support

Hi Karl how do I go about getting a window sticker please.?

Well, just seen this (been busy ) I think the response thus far says it all really @Karl ---don't let people like this get you down mate, it's not worth it
If this was a problem with trolls etc you would ask members to ignore it untill you could get the hammer out etc, i know this is different which is why you have felt the need to explain (no need as far as i'm concerned)---i'm happy to be here and was before any changes etc, it's a great club (the best) and it's being run in the best way (your way--it's your baby, don't loose sight of that, instead be proud mate)

Back