• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

ElgrandOC Financials - New Treasurers Appointed

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
There has been a comment recently around the financials of the club, I think it was more aimed at someone accusing me of pilfering, but regardless of that, this needed to happen in the long run anyway.

So, there is a new system in place for the club finances and I would like to explain that process to you all now, just so that you ALL know that money is NOT being taken by any of the admin team for their own gain, and to show that money gained by the club is going into re-investment in club equipment, running the website etc.

So, 2 treasurers are being appointed. The first of which is @dognero, the second is to be confirmed.

We felt that the treasurers should be active members on the forum, not part of the admin team, and been around for a long time. The two members I have asked are members that I trust implicitly with the funds.

A new PayPal account has been set up by Dognero. None of the admin team have ANY access to this account. None of us have a password or any knowledge of funds available.

Any merchandise sold (stickers, clothing etc) that the club get benefit from will go to the new paypal account which is now STORE@ELGRANDOC.UK

The ONLY exception to this will be when one of the admin team are organising a meet and collecting ticket money, in this instance, all money will be paid to their PERSONAL PAYPAL ACCOUNT. Obviously you will be able to check that ticket fees etc are all correct with the event itself, and assuming you receive your ticket, no profit has been made by the organiser.

PROCESS TO WITHDRAW FUNDS

This is the important bit. For any of the admin team (this includes CLUB REPS), first of all the expense must be discussed within the admin team. Acceptable expenses will be competition prizes, club equipment (banners, marquee, flags, etc), event consumables (charcoal, first aid kits, etc), club stationery (spotted cards, flyers, etc) and merchandise stocking (stickers etc).

Once the expense has been discussed and agreed buy us, the requesting team member must then send a request via PM to both of the treasurers with a description of what the expense is, how much it is, and the paypal address the funds are to be sent to.

Once the purchase has been made, a screenshot of the invoice/receipt must then be sent to the treasurers to prove the purchase has been made. If no receipt/invoice is provided, that team member will be banned from the club.

There are some automatic payments that come out of the club paypal account, these are website hosting fees and URL licence fees.

I really hope that this new process puts member's minds at ease with regards to how the club finances are being used. None of the admin staff of ElgrandOC have ever made money out of the club. But thanks to someone's accusations, there is now MORE work that we will have to do in order to keep things running smoothly.

I will say now that if there is any more backlash surrounding this, any more accusations or any more aggro given to me over how the club is ran, I will turn it all off. Because I am completely 100% totally at my whit's end with regards to the stress running this place gives me.

If I do get to that point and the resource is something that people do not want to lose, I will SELL ownership of the forum to someone else and pass the stress onto them. But that discussion can be held at a later time IF it comes to that. I've put countless hours into setting this place up, and for accusations such as this to be thrown at me makes me sick. Even if I had ever taken money from the club, it could never be enough to compensate for the hours put in and the abuse I've received.

Feel free to discuss.

Someone accused you of stealing money? 😕 What the actual fuck. I'm sorry you have felt the need to have to do this Karl, I've never had any doubts about how this place is run or the finances of it

exactly my thoughts….some wrong uns around but not @Karl

Someone accused you of stealing money? 😕 What the actual fuck. I'm sorry you have felt the need to have to do this Karl, I've never had any doubts about how this place is run or the finances of it
All good, shame you've had to explain yourself yet again

Ditto on both fronts :)

& nice one for stepping up @dognero

Last edited:
All seems perfectly reasonable to me, happy to support this place with the membership which is naff all anyway in the grand scheme of things - considering the size of the club network and quality of support on here I don't think the whole lot would cover your personal costs for the time you must put in..!

Thanks to you and all the other staff members who put the time in to keep this place running, there are those out there who will never be happy so no use trying to please them!

Simon

All good, shame you've had to explain yourself yet again
It is a shame , don’t no where the accusation has come ?? And also don’t understand the ownership rules of a forum , due to me not doing internet ,but in my language @Karl u own the forum , so it’s your train set so you can do what u wish with it , u can use funds for what ever reason , and aren’t accountable to anyone , be that a member or non member , this world just gets worse and worse

@Karl you and the admin are doing a top job. I have never doubted where my £12 went but knew it would be to support the club.

Thanks for the explanation, I hope it addresses those who obviously have nothing better to do but criticise.

Ending on a positive.

Elgrand OC BEST CLUB EVER !!!!

🤪

Next we know there will be an AGM and election of officers.

Joking aside, having a robust financial system is important when dealing with other folks money, not least for your own protection. Seems like a sensible way forward.

As far as I'm concerned there is nothing to discuss...never had an issue with the running of the club or finances. Pleased to see robust measures put in place for your own sake though. Keep up the good work admin team!!

Doesn't bother me where my 12 quid a year goes. It's a small VOLUNTARY donation to help keep the club running. Even if it went to @Karl for running it all it would be fine by me. I just enjoy taking part in the forum.

But as usual do gooders & nosey, jealous knacker sacks have to stir things up. I'm guessing it stems from fuckbook again.

I understand why you're implementing new procedures just a shame there's a need for it. Keep up the good work.

Back