• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

ElgrandOC Bucks - Your digital currency - NOW LIVE

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Well... we're still in the testing phase here... but we now have digital currency.

At the moment you earn it from starting a thread, replying to a thread, or receiving likes to your posts.

You get bonus points for all actions carried out in the technical area.

At the moment you have no way to SPEND this digital currency... but we will be looking at ways in which you can spend it when we see just how quickly people start earning it (we need to know how much our currency is worth!)

You will see your credit balance on the left hand side along with your user info (or on mobile, either put the device into landscape mode, or tap on a username to bring up the user card).

We'll see how it goes over the next couple of days, and then we'll start thinking about setting up a raffle with a price of credits that you can use to enter :)

Just to highlight some rules... this is meant as a bit of fun, and a way for you guys to earn something back by participating in the forum.

We will be building a shop into the forum at some point (development at the moment) and you will be able to use your credits to offset against real world money.

Say for example if you get £2 worth of E-Bucks, you can use them to purchase a club sticker.

You will also be able to use them to enter into raffles/competitions. They will "buy you in" so to speak (we will also have competitions and raffles that you don't need to use E-Bucks for as always).

I'm hoping that this helps to drive a little more traffic through the forum rather than Facebook... at the end of the day, if people want to just chat amogst themselves, they might as well do it here where everyone can join in and earn something for it, rather than just using the Facebook group to chat and only using the forum when they need help.

Let's see how this roles out over the next few months and we can tweak/add/remove things as we go.

Anyone caught abusing the system by posting loads of spam comments just to get E-Bucks... two things; get a life and all your Bucks will be removed if you are caught trying to cheat the system.

E bucks sound like something we'll be using in Europe when we leave :)

I suppose it's going to be like collecting Green shield stamps again. How many will
I need for a new electric kettle :grinning:
I'd forgotten all about the green shield stamps. My parents had a cupboard full of wine glasses they got for petrol stamps. Ah the good ol'days when petrol was under 40p a ltr.

I'd forgotten all about the green shield stamps. My parents had a cupboard full of wine glasses they got for petrol stamps. Ah the good ol'days when petrol was under 40p a ltr.
It was gallons back then, no one knew what litres were.

When I started it was 3 gallons for £1, 3 pints of light and diamond for a £1 or 3 45s for £1 a pair of Levis 501s were 45p and a Levis red tab denim jacket was 95p and we had Green shield stamps and Pink ones too :)

Do we have a name for this ethereal currency?

How about Elgrits?

I think Elibucks has a nice ring to it.

When I started it was 3 gallons for £1, 3 pints of light and diamond for a £1 or 3 45s for £1 a pair of Levis 501s were 45p and a Levis red tab denim jacket was 95p and we had Green shield stamps and Pink ones too :)
@MALAKI we didn't have decimal currency back then. 45s were 6s 8d so yes you could get 3 for £1 but I could only afford one a week from my pocket money 😂.

Boom! And a currency was born :)

10-Elgrand-Bucks.jpg

Last edited:
How is it going to work with the rest of the world. Is the exchange rate fixed or is it going to fluctuate with the economic position of the EOC.
Are we declaring Karl’s front room a principality or micro nation.

All hail king Karl.

I suppose it's going to be like collecting Green shield stamps again. How many will
I need for a new electric kettle :grinning:
LOL... I did that back in the day..:p

How is it going to work with the rest of the world. Is the exchange rate fixed or is it going to fluctuate with the economic position of the EOC.
Are we declaring Karl’s front room a principality or micro nation.

All hail king Karl.
Hartlepool is a principality...ha ha

Back