• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

ElgrandOC Awards 2019 - NOW OPEN TO ENTER/VOTE

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Now then, now then.

We're going to be starting the ElgrandOC 2019 Awards very shortly. Last year was a huge success but an admin nightmare!! Trophies and medals didn't get sent out due to lack of feedback (ie no addresses to send to) and also lack of organisation on my part for those that DID send me an address. I have the 2018 trophies at home still to send out, and will get around to it at some point, I promise, but on that note, let's focus on 2019!

So, the 2019 ElgrandOC Awards. For new members who didn't experience this last year, or for those living under a rock who didn't know about it last year... the aim of this is to celebrate the achievements of ElgrandOC members throughout the year.

The premise is that you guys vote for one another, and the top three in each category get a prize. The awards will be read out LIVE on YouTube at the Yakushi show in September, so keep Saturday 14th September in mind, because on that evening we'll do the live presentation.

The categories are:

MEMBER OF THE YEAR - Member Nomination & vote
Best E50 - Self nomination, member vote
Best E51 - Self nomination, member vote
Best E52 - Self nomination, member vote
Best Modification - Self nomination, member vote
Best Team Member - Member Nomination & vote
Best Regional Rep - Member Nomination & vote

There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize for each category. Details of which will be listed in individual posts, along with instructions on how to enter and how to cast your vote.

Voting is done by sending a message to the "Vote Bot" which is a user account set up to collect private messages from users. In each category there will be a link which will redirect you to start a conversation with the relevant bot. You must then complete the message in the format specified for your vote to count.

Entries and voting are detailed in each post, so please take note.

Keep your eyes peeled for the individual posts coming up for each category along with instructions.

I hope that member participation is as strong as, if not stronger than 2018.

Last edited:
Great to see the awards coming back for another year 👍 Nice one @Karl
Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries in the best Elgrand and mods sections 😁

Well done Karl, I know your problem with people not wanting to give their names and addresses, I get orders for parts and they don't give you their name and address. I think data protection has brain washed some people.

yep great to see it back Karl:) dont think mine will go in:rolleyes: but i will look long and hard at any for votes :cool: and brian wtf are you clairvoyant:joy:

Sounds like fun, 😀 but we've only met 4 members yet, so we might be a little biased yet! But seen some nice Elgrands on the fb.. 😊 Good luck to the more experienced members.. 🍀XX

I'm trying to get in to Vote, but nothings happening???!!! 😣

I'm trying to get in to Vote, but nothings happening???!!! 😣

You can only vote for Member of the Year and Staff of the year at the moment.
Best E50/E51/E52/Modification are all still in the entry phase. When the entries are closed, voting will open.

Voting is done by sending a private message to the "vote bot" for each category. Instructions are in each of the categories.

Thanks, it was my net connection acting up! 🥴 Having a look round now! 🤗 XX

Confused.com!

Sorted. Just me not reading the instructions first before diving in...
Bear with me I'm male 🐒

so how do I vote for best member , can’t find thread with this category, also might be idea to clear some other categories with not related things , cheers

Last edited:
@Member Of The Year Vote Bot

Malcolm, start a conversation with the above 'person' /bot

Write the name of the person in the subject line

Write your reasons for your choice in the message body...

For example... :)

Screenshot_20190807-053412_Samsung Internet.jpg

Link to all the award threads here.
For anyone struggling to find them 👍

Mine is nothing special but I'll keep my eye on this

Back